Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
glenandem
Apprentice Imagineer

anyone else travelling soon and getting worried with new variant and cases!

as above we are due to go begin of jan after cancelling and cancelling like so many others, really got a good feeling the other day when our theme park tickets got delivered but im getting very nervous with the new variant today and constant news channels reporting on the rises cases of the existing covid.
my positivity is starting to dwindle again lol
glenandem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Yes. I'm worried.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

We are hoping to go end of December but we’re all being fairly philosophical: what will be, will be. We can’t put Christmas completely on hold just so that we can be certain one of us won’t test positive before we go…
Trying not to see too much news and yes, every now and then getting excited about being back and all the fab stuff we plan to do
Hope you can keep smiling and you can enjoy planning
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

It's hard not to worry, I'll repost in here too..All we can do is 🤞

Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Scotsmomma2 View Post
It's hard not to worry, I'll repost in here too..All we can do is 🤞

This is brilliant 🤩🇺🇸❤️
Good luck everyone going soon
X

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaBears90
Having Dinner with Goofy

Yup, we fly 11th December and will be absolutely sick if we're not allowed to travel.

Hopefully it's just scaremongering from the usual places though and the variant is of no real concern.
FloridaBears90 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4ever
VIP Dibber

Disney4ever's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Yes - due to fly on 9 December. And now there’s two cases in this country they are bound to find more. Hubby is ‘we either get to go or we don’t’ and he’s right of course but I will be so disappointed.
98DLP; Feb99 Travldge; Oct00 IndWells; Oct02 IndWells; Dec04 DLP DL Hotel; Apr09 PalmsHotel; Jul10 CumbLakes; Aug11 St. AugAS MoviesYacht Club; Aug13 CumbLakes; Jul14 FloPines; Mar15 CumbLakes; Aug15 IntDriveCabBayVeroBeachAoA; Aug16 Canada,Anaheim,San Diego; Mar17 CumbLakes; Mar18 RadissonCelebration; Mar19 CumbLakes; Nov19 AS Sports; Dec21 Encantada; Jun22 Encantada; AugSep22 SF,Canada,Anaheim,SanDiego; May23 Islamorada,Encantada; Sep23 Encantada; Jan24 POP
Disney4ever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jstephens
Serious Dibber

yep pretty concerned to be honest. Like many literally everything is paid for 10k plus

We have insurance but aaaghh this is the 5th booking and we've watched so many u tubers get over there it will be so deflating to have to cancel I know its only a holiday but will completely ruin xmas.
jstephens is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by antietam View Post
They wont put in restrictions until they can see if the Variant is a real risk.

When i read the press it is almost like they are hoping it is bad and trying to panic everyone ( Remember fuel shortage).

However i will be fed up if we have to move trips again and there is always some extra cost each time which is annoying.

What would worry me more is being in US and our government putting it on the red list with little or no warning and we cant get home in time.
Hotel Quarantine for family of 4 is about £6000 plus loss of earnings etc
Why cant british residents just go and do isolation at home and instead of this
Id just fly to a non red country - enjoy ten more days of holiday, then fly in from there if the uk change the status

Its madness that people actually pay that sort of money to be stuck in a crappy uk hotel !
Old 27 Nov 21, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Im worried and thinking
1. Cancel my DLP / Paris for 11-15th Dec and fly on 6th Dec or …
2. Decide I’ll do a 15 night work around and fly to the least risky country to get on a ban list ( thinking Mexico as it hardly tests )