Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Nov 21, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger
Very Serious Dibber

New UK Arrival Tests

We travel back to UK on Sunday.

We have Day 2 LFT booked with Prenetics

I assume we’ll have to book PCR tests now?

Does anyone know when the new rules come into force - we’re due to land Monday morning at 9.20.

On the plus side - we’ve been in Orlando for nearly 3 weeks - had a bloody wonderful time and spent a fortune.
06Highlands Reserve🌸08 & 09West Haven🌸10YC🌸11West Haven🌸12BC/HRH🌸13SSR🌸14OKW🌸15SSR/Royal Pacific🌸16Carnival Cruise/SSR🌸17Oasis Of The Seas/POFQ🌸18Allure Of The Seas/POFQ 🌸19POFQ 🌸20Abandoned🌸21POFQ 🌸22POFQ Jul&Nov
ginger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The details haven't been announced yet. The info I've been reading states 'next week' which isn't helpful.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I also read it as next week which as you say isn’t helpful
I fly home Wednesday but my PCR is already booked as when we left Scotland mid October it was PCRs on return
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

From Head for Points

Boris Johnson has just announced new measures for anyone returning to the UK from a trip to any destination.

Effective immediately, anyone returning to the UK must take a PCR test within two days of their return.

Importantly, you will need to self isolate until your test result is known. You may not immediately return to work or school.

Click for more details: headforpoints/2021/1...esults-arrive/

Mask wearing in shops and on transport mandatory from next week
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Thanks megaflyer
Honestly no changes for me as we are still wearing masks in Scotland and my PCR day two test was booked
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Thanks megaflyer
Honestly no changes for me as we are still wearing masks in Scotland and my PCR day two test was booked
Enjoy rest of your time in Florida and have a safe flight home x
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Thanks megaflyer
ALthoug it appears they have watered down there FB post now to uncertain date. Like you I am not overly bothered by that change (it would mean I cant go to the theatre as planned and change my LFT for a PCR) but I can love with that what worries me (selfishly) is if US now mandate PCR on arrival and isolation - that would stop me travelling
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

This is from a BBC report and the FCDO hasn’t been updated yet:

The prime minister said the "tightening up" of the mask rules will be outlined by Health Secretary Sajid Javid "in the next day or so". He did not indicate when PCR tests would begin and in a press release the Department of Health would only say it was among the measures being "introduced from next week".
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I’m due back at the villa in January as It’s an extended trip I could isolate for 10 days
would just need to do a Kroger or instacart delivery
Old 27 Nov 21, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Is it a nhs pcr or booked private?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List