Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 28 Nov 21, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneymaddaddy
VIP Dibber

NYC hotel recommendations

Hi everyone,

I am thinking of a trip to NYC with my 20 YO to see the broadway show Hamilton. We would be out there for 4 nights and was just looking for some recommendations as there are just hundreds of hotels on expedia!

Thanks in advance,
Jayne

WDW Visited in 1992, 1995, 1997, 1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2013
Disneymaddaddy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Beachgirl71
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi! We really like the W Hotel Times Square. Great location and you can definitely walk to the theater from there. Have a great trip
Beachgirl71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 21, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DUNXandWILL
Apprentice Imagineer

We have stayed at Hotel Scherman (previously French Quarters) and its one block from Times Square.

Fantastic rooms, service and bar next door ;-)

Dunx

DUNXandWILL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

We stayed at the Empire opposite the Lincoln Centre which was great but we got a good deal of Fifty Affinia for next Xmas so we are staying there next year. It’s close to Rockefeller, Times Square and Bryant park so seems well placed.
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

We stayed twice at the Crowne Plaza in Times Square and loved it there. Would happily stay there again if the price was good.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Currently looking to book for 4 nights next Feb.

Looking at Riu Plaza or InterContinental both in Times Square as the location looks good.

Swaying more towards Riu as it includes breakfast for the same price.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We stayed at The Westin Grand Central, which was perfect for us as walkable to everything, but pretty quiet compared to Times Sq hotels, I am not a fan of Times Sq, just too many people, and not sure I would want to stay there! Most Midtown hotels are in a decent location. The Westin didn't have a service charge either compared to some hotels.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I always say on these threads, don’t stay in Times Square, it’s bloody awful, full of scammers etc. New Yorkers usually avoid it like the plague. My opinion of course, many may disagree.
Old 30 Nov 21, 12:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
We stayed at The Westin Grand Central, which was perfect for us as walkable to everything, but pretty quiet compared to Times Sq hotels, I am not a fan of Times Sq, just too many people, and not sure I would want to stay there! Most Midtown hotels are in a decent location. The Westin didn't have a service charge either compared to some hotels.
Agreed. New York first-timers aim for Times Square. Every time they go back, they'll stay anywhere other than Times Square!

My recommendation is the place I stayed at most recently, which was Le Parker Meridien then. It's since been re-branded to the Thompson Central Park, it's a Hyatt property.

A 10-minute walk to Times Square and a 5-minute walk to Central Park in the other direction. Lovely rooms, a swimming pool on the 42nd floor with glorious views over Central Park: oyster/new-york-city...k/photos/pool/ and a wonderful secret dirty burger joint where you might spot a celeb or two: travelfoodpeople/new-yor...rker-meridien/

It's a wonderful hotel.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Personally I dont like Times Square (then again I don't like Picadilly Circus or Leicester Sq in Town ) - they are too bight, loud and brash for my liking.

I generally stay in SoHo or TriBeca as I prefer those areas for an old New York feel and some of the best eateries in NYC. Soho Grand has been my hotel of choice since it opened - Have tried a few others but none of them have compared to this one and it is where I will stay when I return.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List