Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Nov 21, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile TUI won’t offer a refund

Can anyone offer any advice on a package holiday booked with TUI.

Due to travel in 4 weeks, my son can’t go as not double vaccinated but TUI says no refund only a change of holiday.

Can this be done… I would rather get a full refund.
Old 29 Nov 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

They are probably being generous with the offer to change. Its not their fault you cannot travel. What does the T&C's say?

Can you claim on insurance?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Nov 21, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

I wouldn’t be expecting a refund in this scenario,I would be happy with a change of holiday or a voucher.
I’ll always go on holiday again,so I’m one who never worries about not getting a refund.
I would see what your insurance states as suggested.
Tracy x
Old 30 Nov 21, 01:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Can anyone offer any advice on a package holiday booked with TUI.

Due to travel in 4 weeks, my son can’t go as not double vaccinated but TUI says no refund only a change of holiday.

Can this be done… I would rather get a full refund.
I'd absolutely amazed if you have any chance of a refund.

You knew when you booked that COVID was a thing and the Government have been careful to say they can change the rules at any time.

Back in March 2000, this was unprecedented and so refunds/vouchers could be argued as a fair settlement, but now with COVID present every day in our lives it is not fair to expect the company to shoulder the risk of your holiday being affected by COVID.

I would snap their arm off at the option to rebook before they realise they really don't even need to offer that and could just direct you to your insurers instead.
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
We’re in same boat. Booked a holiday to Majorca via tui. Doubt we will be going so realise we will lose the deposit. We are absolutely fine with that. We booked and we knew the rules. If I get the chance to move it to another booking or some other retention scheme from Tui I will bite their hands off. I think you have scored
Old 30 Nov 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsbenny
Imagineer

I think some of the comments are a bit harsh tbh.

Can you change it to 2023? The holidays are out now for 2023.
I think I would do that if I was you.
mrsbenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbenny View Post
I think some of the comments are a bit harsh tbh.

Can you change it to 2023? The holidays are out now for 2023.
I think I would do that if I was you.
The OP has said they don't want to change holiday, they want a refund.

I haven't seen any harsh comments, just what you've said - accept a change or try insurance for a refund.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Tui are taking bookings right up to October 2023 so I’m sure the holiday can easily be rescheduled. It’s quite fair if them really to allow changes. I don’t think they have to. Probably unrealistic to expect a full refund. Many of us will have booked holidays being fully aware rules can change at any time. If I were OP I would take their offer and book for the furthest away date possible and just keep changing if necessary.

I have booked hotels on pay on arrival and will continue to do this going forward. The flights I have I originally booked 2 years ago, I’m beginning to wonder if I will ever actually use them !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

It would be dependent on the T&Cs when booking
If booked pre covid you may be covered but I doubt it.

People need to look carefully at insurance to cover all potential issues as well.
Old 30 Nov 21, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
It would be dependent on the T&Cs when booking
If booked pre covid you may be covered but I doubt it.

People need to look carefully at insurance to cover all potential issues as well.
I booked this holiday in January 2020 to travel Dec 2020, which was cancelled and I moved it to this year.
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List