Notices

Old 2 Dec 21, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ali-s
VIP Dibber

In a quarantine hotel

I posted this on one of my chats
We are now doing time in quarantine prison. Our flight from Johannesburg got in 7pm yesterday. I spent much of it worrying what the outcome of my lack of booking a room would be ( husband and son had a room and I wanted to be added to it, but wasn't happening over Skype, I used their code for my flight locator form ) anyway, we spent 3.5 hours queuing for the bus to the terminal, then to speak to the CMT people who do the quarantine accommodation ( everyone queues ). They weren't bothered that only 2 of us had a room, the woman did warn that I may be given a room in a different hotel, but I emphasised we needed to stay together and we ended up with original holiday inn Gatwick. We sat for an hour on the bus before it left to take us to the hotel. Our family were the first to be checked in , this took another hour. It was gone 1am by the time we got to our room. Take plenty of snacks is my advice. They did hand out water at the terminal and there were vending machines selling pop, but no food. Holiday inn gave us a sandwich and a breakfast bag, which we could have eaten as we had another delivered this morning. We filled out menu forms for the following day. I saw the post by the Brit at Raddison Blu saying you could go for ( accompanied ) fresh air whenever you wanted . Holiday Inn ask you exercise in your room and say you may be permitted to go outside for brief periods, but priority will be given to families with children.
Mexico 2010, Easter in Mexico Trip Index
ESD Pointe Orlando, Palm Pavilion Clearwater, RPR August 2012
Costa Rica July 2015 Pura Vida! trip report
South Africa 2017 trip report
ali-s is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I feel so sorry for you. Please keep us posted
Tinkerbell is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Oh gosh, it sounds really miserable. I hope the time doesn't drag too much for you. Certainly not the end to your holiday that you hoped for

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 21, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Oh my, how awful for you, sounds really grim

My nephew had to do quarantine with his wife and 6 month old baby to get into Australia, they had 2 weeks in a room and were not allowed to open the windows

Hope the time passes quickly for you xxx
Edie ray is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Oh feel for you
You do know us dibbers will help out even if we are miles. Away with on line deliveryís
We=had to sent food parcels to friends W when they had todo hotel hell
Even worse for them was that initially they said Jules and Jim werenít related as she was traveling back to the Uk from Ghuaina where she was born and they live 6 months a year they have been married nearly 40 years
A whole section of the rain Forrest gone as we printed a zillion copies of everything inclining their uk wedding lines and daughters birth certificates
Oh we had to send in a delivered of towels and sheets as none were replaced. It was use them 14 days itís a tough life
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sully301
VIP Dibber

Bless you, it is absolute rubbish especially as it's already in the country. When will people learn that we cannot stop this thing
Feb 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge, April 2003 Villa - Indian Ridge, June 2003 All stars music, Nov 2003 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2003 Coronado Springs & Polynesian, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2012 Port Orleans FQ & BLT
Sep 2016 All stars sports, Sep 2019 Old Key West Resort, March 2020, Celebration. August 2020 CSR cancelled, 2021 Birthday trip
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Do5-BaG
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post
We are now doing time in quarantine prison. Our flight from Johannesburg got in 7pm yesterday. I spent much of it worrying what the outcome of my lack of booking a room would be ( husband and son had a room and I wanted to be added to it, but wasn't happening over Skype, I used their code for my flight locator form ) anyway, we spent 3.5 hours queuing for the bus to the terminal, then to speak to the CMT people who do the quarantine accommodation ( everyone queues ). They weren't bothered that only 2 of us had a room, the woman did warn that I may be given a room in a different hotel, but I emphasised we needed to stay together and we ended up with original holiday inn Gatwick. We sat for an hour on the bus before it left to take us to the hotel. Our family were the first to be checked in , this took another hour. It was gone 1am by the time we got to our room. Take plenty of snacks is my advice. They did hand out water at the terminal and there were vending machines selling pop, but no food. Holiday inn gave us a sandwich and a breakfast bag, which we could have eaten as we had another delivered this morning. We filled out menu forms for the following day. I saw the post by the Brit at Raddison Blu saying you could go for ( accompanied ) fresh air whenever you wanted . Holiday Inn ask you exercise in your room and say you may be permitted to go outside for brief periods, but priority will be given to families with children.
With someone who has had to deal with this all year on a monthly basis, I just stopped coming back to the UK, it worked out cheaper flying to the EU to a country that would accept me from Angola, at least that way I had freedom to come and go and wasn't imprisoned in the Hotel.

Edited at 09:19 AM.
Do5-BaG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
VIP Dibber

Oh gosh I hope time passes quickly, Can you do your online Christmas shopping while there to help pass the time . Watch lots of films and do some binge watching.
93 94 03 DLP

Edited at 11:39 AM.
JudyC is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

OP hope your time goes quickly and that you are looked after - not going to get into the politics of if you should be there or not.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
creamcake
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ali-s View Post

So sorry to hear this Ali - i hope the time goes quickly and it doesn't spoil your memories of a lovely holiday

Most likely due to the hotel quarantine, we will be postponing our Dec South Africa trip

Come on here when you are bored - I am sure there will be Dibbers ready for a chat