Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Dec 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Unscramble this if you can! Testing pre departure Ireland, UK and US!

Before my head explodes, please help me unscramble the testing requirements for my group with the latest governments advice as we know it for pre-travel. I'll try to keep it simple

Taking into account all requirements for UK, Ireland and US:

4 adults fully vaccinated, 1 x 12 year old had one jab, flying Tuesday 14/12 Manchester-Dublin-MCO

1 adult fully vaccinated, flying 13/12 Man-Dublin staying overnight and that same adult then flying on 14/12 Dublin-MCO

On your marks...
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireRose View Post
Before my head explodes, please help me unscramble the testing requirements for my group with the latest governments advice as we know it for pre-travel. I'll try to keep it simple

Taking into account all requirements for UK, Ireland and US:

4 adults fully vaccinated, 1 x 12 year old had one jab, flying Tuesday 14/12 Manchester-Dublin-MCO

1 adult fully vaccinated, flying 13/12 Man-Dublin staying overnight and that same adult then flying on 14/12 Dublin-MCO

On your marks...
The single adult needs to test in Dublin ? How is that for a starter.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

Instead of testing in the UK the day before or as well as?
YorkshireRose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Instead of - maybe. Just thinking if there are any delays to the 2nd flight. I suppose it depends on flight times from the UK and arrival in the US and do they easily meet the 1 day rule.
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Test in Manchester, either LFT or PCR at any time the day before the flights

Flight Dublin to Manchester, needs either LFT 48 hours or PCR 72 hours hours before the flight. dfa.ie/irish-embassy/usa...vid19-updates/

Person will need to check the times of the flights to make sure the test has been taken within the time scale.

The person will need to take either a LFT or PCR at Dublin Airport on the day they arrive in Dublin for the Dublin-MCO flight, as the test taken in Manchester is not the day before the flight to MCO.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireRose
Proud to wear my Ears

That's what I thought, so 2 tests for the adult travelling alone on the Sunday for Monday flight out to Dublin, then again in Dublin on the Monday for Tuesday flight. I'd better get looking around Dublin Airport
Old 3 Dec 21, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

There are just two companies doing testing at Dublin Airport

rocdochealthcheck.ie/

booking.randox.ie/

There are some Boots stores doing the testing for travel but none are at Dublin airport. If the person hires a car or can get a taxi into Dublin city centre, about 30 minutes drive I have the details of the Boots stores and online booking link.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

Can anyone assist I am totally confused what type test to complete.

We are 4 adults all fully vaccinated 2 with booster, we fly out on 31st December to New York, what test do we do lateral flow or PCR.

husband had covaid about 2 months ago does he have to pay go for letter.

Thanks

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Dec 21, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TheGrahams View Post
Can anyone assist I am totally confused what type test to complete.

We are 4 adults all fully vaccinated 2 with booster, we fly out on 31st December to New York, what test do we do lateral flow or PCR.

husband had covaid about 2 months ago does he have to pay go for letter.

Thanks
You have a choice of PCR OR LFT / Antigen. It needs to be done one day before before your flight. I would choose whichever suits your budget and has the best turn around time.

Regarding your husband and having to get a recovery letter, you need to check with your doctor or health centre as depending on where you live, there may be different rules.
Old 3 Dec 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
TheGrahams
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much, hubby is taking part in antigen testing for nhs he got his second part in today and you always get a letter back with results saying he has had covaid, I assume that will do.

Billy , Liz , Liam & Gemma
TheGrahams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List