Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Dec 21, 09:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gunboat
Proud to wear my Ears

Think that’s out for us.

Hi, this latest test to get back home may well be the last straw for us. Can I ask if you are travelling in the coming weeks or even months are you considering cancelling or changing your dates.
gunboat is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
pluto99
Very Serious Dibber

we are ment to fly a week on monday and really dont know what to do now, what happens if you test positive. where do you isolate, do you pay for a hotel yourself and claim back off the insurance (we are with staysure)
pluto99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

We’re flying on Saturday, too late now to cancel or amend so we are going!

April/May 2009, October 2011, May 2013, May 2015
August 2020 We’re going back!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gunboat View Post
Hi, this latest test to get back home may well be the last straw for us. Can I ask if you are travelling in the coming weeks or even months are you considering cancelling or changing your dates.
I’m going in 11 days, if I can go we are off.
We regretted not going abroad in summer.
Waiting ‘Until it gets better’ may be fruitless, SAGE says we will have risk of hospitals being overwhelmed by variants for years, and this will last 10 years before becoming endemic.
So if the intention is to get hunkered down in the UK until it gets better, expect another 5 years maybe.
“Live life like it’s your last day, because one day it will be.”*

*Kaycee Dutton
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
shawny122
slightly serious Dibber

We’re also hopefully going in 11 days and the only way I want to move my dates is forwards (don’t think we realistically can though!) I just really want to get out there now before there’s any other changes that stop us going altogether!
shawny122 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We are flying on Xmas day and at the minute we are going for it. Our only worry is testing positive before flying home and having to quarantine there but as YT says this could go on for years so we will take that Chance.
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

We can't go any time next year, so it's in 3 weeks' time or 2023. So we will be staying the course.

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Endless Summer and A/S Music
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shawny122 View Post
We’re also hopefully going in 11 days and the only way I want to move my dates is forwards (don’t think we realistically can though!) I just really want to get out there now before there’s any other changes that stop us going altogether!
Yes I said to Mrs YT this morning if Omicron turns out very bad (and I don’t think it will, I’m seeing assessments it could hospitalise a fraction of Delta) then we will be hitting full pandemic late January and if they decide to go back to lockdown and border closures it will be Feb. As I say, I am NOT saying this will happen, as very much doubt it will, but to me, December in USA has a vanishingly small chance of catching Omicron so you may as well get off as if they are going to scrap the pre departure home test in the short term, that would be 20/12. If when we are there they decide it’s less virulent and it was a bit of a false alarm, all well and good and those going in the New Year won’t have as much stress hopefully then. Of course there is a risk for anyone, at any time with this ridiculous government that we could end up with isolation at home for 8 day PCR. There’s a risk they could put this in on 20/12 if they decide Omicron is worst case (but by then we will have thousands of cases, so what’s the point, but didn’t stop them with Delta).
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WindyMiller2
Very Serious Dibber

WindyMiller2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by pluto99 View Post
we are ment to fly a week on monday and really dont know what to do now, what happens if you test positive. where do you isolate, do you pay for a hotel yourself and claim back off the insurance (we are with staysure)
I am really keen to know this too. If you have to isolate, can you rent a villa or do you have to stay in a hotel? Does anyone know?
WindyMiller2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 21, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We are currently on a cruise in the canaries, the rules have changed twice since we packed the case. First from LFT to PCR ...add £96 to the bill, now we have to be tested tomorrow as well before we fly home. God knows what will happen if we are positive, I doubt they will give us a free cruise for the week.
With all the stress of the tests and making sure everything was in order, this has not been the break we wanted.
I'm due to go to USA to see my family in January,
Is it worth it... honestly I'm not sure it is
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List