Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Mar 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile DIY help

I have taken the TV off the wall in the kitchen as it is never used and is just another thing to clean

When my hubby screwed the bracket up he stripped one of the screw heads and I just cannot get it to budge.
Do any of you know how I am going to get this last screw out without bringing down the whole wall 🤣
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

I use mulgrips (don't think they are called that), but if I can't get a grip on the head then I drill it out.

Edited at 12:19 PM.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

If its raised run a hacksaw slot in it and unscrew it with an impact driver not a scewdriver.
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I use mulgrips (don't think they are called that), but if I can't get a grip on the head then I drill it out.

My hubby had some of those but I can't find them so tried ordinary pliers but can't get a grip with those 🙁
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
If its raised run a hacksaw slot in it and unscrew it with an impact driver not a scewdriver.
Thanks but no idea if we have an impact driver 🤗
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Us Tradesmen have different size screw extractors but they are expensive and not worth buying for just 1 screw.

Personally I would drill right through it with a 1/16" drill bit, then step up in sizes incrementally until eventually it falls apart and you can dig the remnants out.
To be honest if it is going to be covered over and painted I would just keep drilling away until you get it below the surface.
10 min job.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Us Tradesmen have different size screw extractors but they are expensive and not worth buying for just 1 screw.

Personally I would drill right through it with a 1/16" drill bit, then step up in sizes incrementally until eventually it falls apart and you can dig the remnants out.
To be honest if it is going to be covered over and painted I would just keep drilling away until you get it below the surface.
10 min job.
My son is going to try to drill it out as we are having no success.
My filler isn't being delivered until Wednesday so should be out by then 🤣
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
My son is going to try to drill it out as we are having no success.
My filler isn't being delivered until Wednesday so should be out by then 🤣
If you have decent filler and sandpaper you could just dig out the plaster around the broken head until you can get pliers onto the remaining metal and turn it. OK you will end up with a 25mm chunk missing but that can be filled in 1 minute, let dry and put sandpaper over a square piece of wood and sand. Using a block of wood means you keep the filler flat as otherwise you always end up with a hollow.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List