Forgotten Password?
Notices

Old 28 Mar 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I donít read it that way at all ! Just exploring options with rigour - no harm in that
Judging by the posts on this thread I'm not the only person who thinks the OP is pressurising their buyers. But we all see things differently.
Donaldfan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

There is no need to pull out at all - empty one house at a time - clean it and move even if one party occupies after completion under licence. This lockdown could go on over a year - no one know. Life has to go on with sensible precautions and it sounds like you are pragmatic and work with your solicitor to make it work . Good luck x
This is our point, this could go on for an unlimited time and there's no guarantee what the market will be like if people start pulling out.
Upcoming: Florida/NYC May 20', Adult only Cali trip Oct 20'
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Taking the Gparents! Take two!
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Judging by the posts on this thread I'm not the only person who thinks the OP is pressurising their buyers. But we all see things differently.
Well, i'm sorry if it's coming across that way. We're looking for a solution to make ALL parties happy in the chain, that's all.
damaged is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I feel really sorry for you. We are at the point of exchange, but our circumstances will allow the sale to go through if our buyer is in agreement. We are selling my late mums house and itís vacant. The buyer is a cash buyer, and there is no chain below, so we could exchange and complete on the same day. They can then move in, as and when they choose. I am keeping everything crossed that this can happen this week, but itís a horrible situation to be in and op you have my sympathy. Iíve been reminding myself that even if it doesnít go ahead, at least we are all indoors and safe, Iíd rather that, than one of my family or friends be on a ventilator or worse. It helps me to keep things in perspective. Good luck op.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs 2020 Feb half term villa chilling
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Our next adventure
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by damaged View Post
This is our point, this could go on for an unlimited time and there's no guarantee what the market will be like if people start pulling out.
Maybe because our lockdown is new they are thinking we will wait until it's over. Maybe when they realise lockdown isn't for weeks and could go on for longer they will realise live still needs to go on and the world still needs to turn it's just with the virus along with us.

Could you write a list of questions in a letter for them to answer for you. You could be honest with them about your feelings etc. They might not know your feeling this way. Open communication to clear the air could be good it may bring reassurance.

I have a client who I asked to shut down his holiday home. He emailed me back to say he had happily closed it down until the end of April when this will all be over and done with and life is back to normal 😳

I honestly don't know how to respond to him. Is this lack of understanding or a coping mechanism that by the end of April it's all over 😪

Hope your ok op, you done the right thing getting it all out on here. Mental health is so important we all need to keep talking and being there for each other.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Back to the magic
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

Well, i'm sorry if it's coming across that way. We're looking for a solution to make ALL parties happy in the chain, that's all.
There will not be a solution until we are told otherwise.
You will just have to wait as the top of the chain are.
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

There is no need to pull out at all - empty one house at a time - clean it and move even if one party occupies after completion under licence. This lockdown could go on over a year - no one know. Life has to go on with sensible precautions and it sounds like you are pragmatic and work with your solicitor to make it work . Good luck x
We donít want to pull out, but we wonít be moving during lockdown or against government advice. We desperately hope that wonít take a year, as DHís business has had to close.
But if it does take a year, then it does
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Brock View Post
There will not be a solution until we are told otherwise.
You will just have to wait as the top of the chain are.
Thatís not quite true is it, as stated above people are still moving, theyíre just taking extra precautions.
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Thatís not quite true is it, as stated above people are still moving, theyíre just taking extra precautions.
I know a fair people buying and selling at the moment and itís still happening like Mr Tom neighbour. It can be done just safely and maybe differently like into an empty property - I would expect estate agents and conveyance experts to earn their crust and come up with solutions fully in the spirit of Government advice. Removal companyís canít afford to mothball their vehicles so I am sure safe and novel approaches will appear if the willing is there .

Megaflyer
megaflyer is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 20, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
damaged
Apprentice Imagineer

I know a fair people buying and selling at the moment and itís still happening like Mr Tom neighbour. It can be done just safely and maybe differently like into an empty property - I would expect estate agents and conveyance experts to earn their crust and come up with solutions fully in the spirit of Government advice. Removal companyís canít afford to mothball their vehicles so I am sure safe and novel approaches will appear if the willing is there .
Precisely! This is exactly what we're hoping for.
Ocean Florida