Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Mar 20, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Would you book now for 2021 (if not already booked)?

Hi all,

We were booked to go April 1st this year but obviously had to cancel. Easter is the only time we can really go so looking at 2021.

I would like to start booking but all of this has made me a bit wary of paying out anything. I know it's a year away and I really hope things are back to normal but I still have that nagging doubt in my head. If I booked and had to cancel again I think I'd give up!

Just wondered if anyone was in the same position and if you are going for it or holding off for a while until this all (hopefully) settles down.

Thank you
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger71
Imagineer

Tigger71's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I am thinking booking Aug 2021 if free dining is released and only pay deposit
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73

Originally Posted by Tigger71 View Post
I am thinking booking Aug 2021 if free dining is released and only pay deposit
I'd like to think by next August this will all be behind us... I really hope so! Imagine the parks closing for a year!
phonic73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Yes.

We are rebooking our West Coast DIY as of now.. for late August of this year.

Everything is being booked on a credit card (S75 end user failure).

The flights, direct with American Airlines have free date and location alterations for a year.

The Hotels (so far) have both free cancellation and pay on arrival.

Our dollars are already bought, in cash and therefore impervious to any further collapse of the Pound.

Our car hire will hopefully be free or minimal cancellation.

Our Universal and Warner tickets will be bought late on.

If we cannot go in August, then it will cost nothing to defer, cancel or rearrange to a later date. I believe that things will start again to prevent total economic collapse worldwide. I believe that prices will be sky high initially as companies sense a rush of demand and will be trying to recoup some losses. My tactic is to beat that rush whilst not risking my money.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

Mobile

We really want to book a big trip for August 2021, but I'm not sure. World seems so uncertain.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73

Originally Posted by Lostbrain View Post
We really want to book a big trip for August 2021, but I'm not sure. World seems so uncertain.
Exactly how I feel. In two minds.
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We already have a deposit paid on a villa for May 2021.
As soon as things settle down and hopefully they do free dining we will book. However I’ll definitely be doing things similar to this year.
Direct with Disney for one person, direct with universal- fully refundable.
I’ve booked non cancel rooms in the past as they have been cheaper. Won’t do this again.

Flights- last couple of years have done fly drive with Ba and just paid the deposit. Will definitely be doing this. Think back to the days we paid fully upfront for flights and can’t believe it was and still is normal.

Won’t be doing that and limiting money paid out if something like this happens again. Hopefully not!
LLamb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Mobile

We are already booked in villa for March 2021
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

I know its not Florida , but in the easyjet sale a week ago I booked two European flights , one for October 20 , one for Feb 21
Cheap flights booked by credit card

I wouldn't be booking anything that could leave you seriously financially at risk , and wouldn't do much on the planning side , but booking stuff you can cancel , why not ?

Got to have something to look forward too as a reward at the end
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 20, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
phonic73

I did the same for Disney for this trip but when I did it I was able to book via the US site. For some reason I can't now get to the US site and it just goes to the UK one. I think (correct me if I am wrong) there is a different cancellation policy when you book via the UK site.

For this reservation that I cancelled I got my full deposit back.