Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 Mar 20, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
paul11000
Apprentice Imagineer

paul11000's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Mobile

Hoping for deals to be released then will book June 2021
Old 25 Mar 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Originally Posted by paul11000 View Post
Hoping for deals to be released then will book June 2021
It will be interesting to see what prices emerge...
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

WDW room prices for 2021 are crazy - I have cancelled my September trip so was looking at prices for the same dates in 2021 - more than £1,000 more expensive for the same room!
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YLL View Post
WDW room prices for 2021 are crazy - I have cancelled my September trip so was looking at prices for the same dates in 2021 - more than £1,000 more expensive for the same room!
That is why I have optimistically booked late August of this year, flights, hotels, car all cancellable for free. Flight can be moved up to a year in dates and also total change of location.

The companies will be seeking to get their money back in 2021, knowing that most of us didn’t spend in 2020 and will be anxious to go.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
That is why I have optimistically booked late August of this year, flights, hotels, car all cancellable for free. Flight can be moved up to a year in dates and also total change of location.

The companies will be seeking to get their money back in 2021, knowing that most of us didn’t spend in 2020 and will be anxious to go.
Unfortunately I cannot rebook for this year

Had to cancel September as a friend who was going to share a room with me has the symptoms (feeling much better now) and as a freelancer in the restaurant industry he needs the money back asap. And to be fair, I'd rather have my money back too as things are too uncertain. At least he had not booked his flight yet, and I did with Virgin; as it's for September it's likely that I will loose the £560 flight. Oh well...
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 20, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

still hoping for september/october this year if possible but if not definitely next year ill transfere booking if i can
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Cookie8
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We were due to fly 1st April this year as well and just managed to get the holiday transferred to end of March 2021.
I am a bit worried but It is a year away so I’m really hoping everything will be okay and starting to get back to normal by then 🤞
Cookie8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

I am sorry but I wouldn't book anything at this point.

Most replies presume the world will go back to 'normal', at the moment we just dont know that. There are so many facets of normal.

Employment and income, we dont not know how this will look, people, who believe they are in safe employment many not be, buisness will change. Pensions may have to alter, income we thought was definate maynot be.

Economy, we do not know what will happen to the price of basic products and how much your weekly shop will cost. Prices could rise, you may need your entire income just to live.

Sadly, your family unit. This may not look like it looks like now, we all want to assume our families will be unaffected, with 1000 people a day dying in Italy our family units may very different.

Holiday insurance may be very different and very expensive.

This is of course what people dont want to think about but nor did many people thi k we would face the current situation
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Parkie
Getting Excited

We have rebooked for next April as its the only time of year we can go. Just have to keep fingers crossed that the world is in some sort of normality at that point.
Parkie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
100% putting a hold on plans for 2021. Self employed, all my savings will more than likely be gone. Even if they didn’t I just think there will be too much uncertainty. I had booked our Universal stay and tickets but only £40 deposit. Hopefully 2022

Edited at 11:56 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List