Old 20 Apr 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

Talking 5-week Split Stay in Florida, Feb/March 2020 - Day 17: Magic Kingdom

Day 17: Magic Kingdom
February 26, 2020

[-- Trip Index --]

I woke up at 6:20AM and Myla 10 minutes after me, we all had a better sleep than the previous night. Michael was already away to the gym by the time I woke up, and came back at 7AM with coffees and ponchos! There was a fair bit of rain predicted today, so he picked them up in Artist's Palette now, in case we'd need them later.

We were going to Magic Kingdom this morning but I had some urgent work to do first, sorting out some tracking numbers and a problem with 1 customer's order. It was quite stressful trying to get it done while also getting ready and having Myla in the same room. She wouldn’t leave me alone and kept trying to climb on my lap. I was definitely struggling a bit to find a new rhythm - what worked in the villa with lots of space, didn’t work in one hotel room!

Myla also needed a bath this morning, and instead of helping, Michael was playing bloody Candy Crush on his phone. I ended up getting quite annoyed with him - here I was doing work, AND getting myself ready, AND having to bathe Myla, could he not get off the bed and help me? He in turn got annoyed that I was annoyed, because I didn't *ask* him to help and apparently he's not psychic. I'm sure you've all been there with these arguments, my next line of course was that he didn't need any special powers, he could just use his EYES to see I was busy and I'd told him about the urgent order I needed to sort!

Not off to a great start, he eventually finished bathing Myla and I did finish work, but we weren't happy with each other.

We made the bus for 8:45, and as it was pulling away, I realized I hadn't lifted Myla's autograph book and put it in the bag, and said, "I don't suppose by any miracle you remembered to pack her autograph book?" No, of course he hadn't, even though he'd been looking through it with Myla earlier 🙄, but of course the way I asked the question was very insulting to him and our annoyance only grew - me for always having to remember everything myself and feeling like a husband is NO help at all, and him for...well me being annoyed and not the friendliest this morning, I guess. We laugh about it now but I was super annoyed at the time lol!

What didn't help, is that today was our Magic Kingdom day. And even though that's *my* favorite park, MK days always seems to be when things go wrong, we have bad luck, we argue, etc etc. It's actually gotten bad enough that I felt it was starting to take some of the shine off my fave park, and I'd been extra determined to have today be AWESOME. So we were off to an awful start!

We were off by bus around 9:15 and made our way to the entrance. I was taking deep breaths to let the annoyance roll off me and shed my bad mood.

Only to be greeted by a huge bag check queue as soon as we turned the corner:

We both groaned at the sight of this - definitely left at the wrong time! I knew we should have left earlier, but we just weren't able to with the work thing I had to do and how long it took to get ready. We joined the queue, which was moving slowly. About 5 minutes in, Michael suddenly decided he needed to pee. This is another pet peeve of mine, that man pees like a bloody horse. I swear, he's a hundred times worse than the 3-year-old when it comes to constantly needing a toilet!

So since we were already in the queue, he jumped out and walked back to find a toilet, while I kept our place in the queue. He's normally only 5 minutes when he does this sort of thing. However, he never came back! I waited and waited and waited, and realized to my even greater annoyance that he had taken the backpack with him. Myla was hungry and wanted a snack, and of course I had none to give her since he took the bag with him.

I texted him to ask where he was after like 20 minutes, and got no answer. Tried to phone him 3 or 4 times, no answer. Finally after he'd been gone a good half hour, he rang me and goes, "Where are you? " Um, right where you left me? Where you said you were coming back to? "Oh," he goes, "I couldn't see you so I just went through the bag check on my own, I thought you would have been through by now." Um what? I DIDN'T EVEN HAVE ANY BAGS WITH ME, I WAS ONLY WAITING IN THAT QUEUE TO HOLD HIS SPOT FOR HIM! I was sooo cross and told him so lol, and said something like, "Right, okay!" after shouting at him on the phone - I'm sure the people around me were rightly entertained.

As I indeed had no bags, just the stroller and Myla, I pushed my way through the big crowd to the no-bag-queue on the complete other side (of course) and was through in about 5 minutes, where I finally found Michael and Myla finally got her Goldfish after non-stop whinging for the past half hour.

Michael was annoyed with me too, just for me being annoyed at him as none of this was his fault and apparently it had NOT been clear I'd wait there for him, apparently he thought I meant I'd go through without him and meet him on the other side, even though none of these words were actually uttered. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄 I was super cross - altogether this bag check queue took over 45 minutes, and I could have been through in no time if I hadn't waited for him. He said he had no 4G so hadn't seen my calls or texts. If only he'd waited to pee until we were inside! I'm laughing about it now, but it was definitely one of those moments! I guess you can't expect to make it to day 17 of your holiday and not have any kind of arguments or annoyances with your other half!

So yeah, definitely off to a very bad start, I wasn't feeling the magic at all! I took a few lackluster photos as we walked in, just because that's what you do, but just ugh.

By now, we were also running late for our first Fastpass to Meet Mickey so we rushed over, parked the stroller, and rushed inside.

Myla got a bit upset in the FP queue when we explained we forgot her autograph book, but she was OK with it when I promised we'd do these meets a second time, WITH the book. Mickey was lovely as usual and gave her a really really long hug, she was absolutely buzzing afterwards!

In the gift shop, she ran for the big pile of stuffed Mickey's and Minnies, and pulled the absolute hugest one off the shelf. "We take this one home, okay Daddy!" she shouted at him while making her way to the exit.

We caught her before she became an accidental shoplifter and convinced her to put Mickey back for now. We promised she could pick a souvenir later on in the holiday, and if she still wanted a Mickey, we would come back and pick a slightly smaller one. She agreed to that, luckily!

Michael and I then decided we needed to regroup and unwind as the day was going rubbish so far. We walked down Main Street, and didn't bother with any of the Photopass pictures as it was super super busy.

I joined a huge Starbucks queue (just so busy everywhere) to get coffee and snacks for us all. I got banana bread and a capuchinno for myself, coffee for Michael, and a cup of grapes plus a banana for Myla - it took around 20 minutes in this queue!

We sat down at the tables in front of the plaza to eat, and Michael and I talked out our annoyances and made up, both determined to not want the day to be ruined!

We treated Myla to a popcorn refill from the popcorn cart nearby, and Michael bought some cinnamon glazed almonds for himself.

Our next FastPass was for Enchanted Tales With Belle, so we headed into Fantasyland, stopping on the bridge for a castle selfie. The MK magic feeling was slowly starting to come back!

It was busy at Enchanted Tales too, the Fastpass queue spilled out past where the magic band scanners are, and altogether we waited around 20 minutes before we could go in. I'd explained to Myla what would happen inside, but she got very shy when they were picking parts, and absolutely did not want to join in. That was OK, she sat on my lap when we got to the library, and enjoyed watching everyone. Towards the end, a CM who had noticed her walked up to us and asked Myla if she'd like to meet Belle. She hopped off my lap, took the CM's hand, and walked right over to Belle! So cute!

Edited at 02:02 PM.
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nothingless
Very Serious Dibber

We now had some time to kill before our last FP and weren't hungry for lunch yet, so we let Myla choose our next activity. She choose to meet Donald Duck so off we went to Storybook Circus!

The weather was still very cloudy, but not cold and the rain seemed to be holding off, luckily! We went into Pete's Silly Sideshow, and the advertised wait of 25 minutes turned out to be only 10 or so. Goofy was up first, he was lovely and gave her the longest hug!

Next up was Donald, also lovely and very cuddly!

It was now time for our FastPass for Peter Pan Flight, so we made our way back to Fantasyland, stopping for some Photopass pictures in front of Beast's Castle on the way. We had no Be Our Guest reservations for this trip, but I have very fond memories of eating there on our last 2 trips!

Myla and I joined the FastPass queue for Peter Pan, while Michael walked on past Small World to find a spot for the stroller. We took a selfie! The FP queue was quite long again, stretching all the way to Mickey's Philharmagic!

It moved pretty fast though, and we were on the ride in 10-15 minutes.

Last year, Myla didn't like this one, but this year she loved it! She's seen Peter Pan many times now, and is a big fan of Tinker Bell and the Pixie Hollow movies. So everything in the ride meant a lot more to her. She was excited when we took off, waved to Nana, admired the mermaids, and wagged her finger at Captain Hook lol.

By now it was 13:30 and we were getting hungry for lunch. We decided to go across the street and get something in Pinocchio Village Haus. Michael had the vegan Pasta, Myla had the kids' pasta without sauce, and I had a cheese pizza. We found a free table overlooking It's A Small World, and Myla had a great time waving at everyone. Side note: it was absolutely freezing in here! Very very cold, much colder than outside and too cold to comfortably sit in with our summer dresses - I actually had to put our coats on!

My pizza was lovely, Myla ate about half of her pasta and all of her sides, and Michael said his was OK - really just plain pasta with plain tomato sauce. Nothing to write home about but it filled a hole!

Of course, after sitting there watching the boats, Myla asked to go on Small World, so I checked MDE while we were eating and picked up another FP that opened in 10 minutes. When we finished, we had a toilet break in the Tangled toilets (Myla went into the stall with me, but refused to pee again).

We headed on to Small World now, and were on our boat in a few minutes.

Myla loved this as much as she had last year, pointing out everything she saw to us!

The skies were looking darker and darker now, and rain had been predicted to start any minute now, so we decided to call it a day. It was around 3PM, and we walked back via Liberty Square and the Adventureland bridge - we hadn't been in that side of the park at all yet!

We caught the bus around 15:10, and Myla fell asleep in my arms once again. Michael helped me lift her out of the bus back at Saratoga, and we tucked her into bed. She slept on for a solid 90 minutes this afternoon - all this afternoon napping several days in a row is totally unheard of for her, but that's disney-tired for you!

It turned out we had timed things really well, as it started to rain really hard about 2 minutes after we got back. Lucky us! I finished up my work while Myla slept, and we just chilled in the room. When she woke up, she played on the iPad for a while.

None of us were really hungry for dinner after our late lunch, so we walked to Artist's Palette between rain showers to buy some snacks - I got a yogurt parfait and some Doritos, Myla wanted an Uncrustables meal with grapes and a yogurt smoothie, and Michael got some frozen broccoli that he cooked in our studio's microwave once we got back. We ate in the room while watching tv, and were all in bed by 20:30! 😊

Here's my little video of today:
nothingless is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sorry you had a stressful start to the day. I can certainly relate! On the whole I have to say DH is quite good, but there have been moments in the past. Usually starts with me trying to do everything & sort kids out while DH is oblivious! Then I have to moan at DH to help. Then:
DH: If you want help you only have to ask.
Me: 😖 🙄 I shouldn’t have to, that’s the point! You’ve got eyes!
I if had a pound for every time!
The one good thing is that MK is the perfect place to make up!
Love your little videos at the end of each day!
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A better finish than the start of the day☹️

Joan
Old 20 Apr 20, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

You did well getting so far onto the holiday without cross words. We seem to have a traditional day 2 early morning fall out before normal service is resumed! Sounds like you had a great day overall. We've never eaten at Pinocchio village haus but a meal watching the small world boats pass by is on my to do list next time round.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 20, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I’m not a ‘mind reader’ 😂🤣 never heard that before 😳😂😂🤪
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsGrumpy
Apprentice Imagineer

Haha just like us - the boys don't call him Grumpy for nothing! Loving your posts x
MrsGrumpy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I had to laugh out loud at the description of your argument with Michael in the room this morning. Our girls are older now so take responsibility for themselves but I could never understand why it was my responsibility to get everybody ready and remember everything for everyone. I don't know what is so hard about seeing that something needs doing and doing it. I'm glad your day improved and you had a great time at MK.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh gosh. I’ve only read as far as the argument and that’s exactly like ours.
Think mines even worse cos I will tell him to get on with something then he getting hissy cos I have told him what to do. Drives me absolutely crazy.
We always, always have arguments in the car where I will give wrong directions. It’s like you can see the argument coming but you can’t stop it and then it carries on.

We always have arguments on holiday. It’s not like married family life stops cos your on holiday it’s just the same things in a different place.
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List