Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 May 20, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

All Change Please! Solo Trip Nov 2019 - Travel Day

Monday November 4th - Travel Day

I woke up properly at 6am, after a poor night’s sleep, which I was concerned about - the last time I’d been sleep deprived on a flight, I’d spent the entire journey (and indeed the rest of the day) feeling dreadful and willing my breakfast to stay where it was. Thankfully that flight had only been to Belfast, and I hoped it would not happen on a 9 hour flight. (Luckily I was absolutely fine, so I don’t think it had been caused by sleep deprivation after all.)

I headed down to breakfast and had some yummy food - from what I recall it was nicer than the Travelodge the previous morning! I headed back up to my room and gathered everything up, took a couple of pictures from the window as it was a bright morning, and headed over to the terminal just before 8am. While it was bright, it was also absolutely freezing and I had the bottom half of my legs bare! Still, it wasn’t very far.

I checked in and dropped my bag, before heading to premium security, which went very quickly and I was through by 8:20. I hadn’t wanted to be too early as I’d had breakfast already so knew it would just be an hour and a half of wandering. I had a look in a few shops, I think I bought a couple of bits in Boots, and I got a couple of magazines in WHS before I popped upstairs and got a Cold Brew Latte in Starbucks. The gate was announced at 10am and everyone headed down. Once I got to the gate, I noticed lots of people with their phones or noses against the glass. Our plane was Ladybird, but the Star Wars livery was on the plane next door, presumably for the afternoon flight, and that was what had everyone so excited. It wasn’t long before we were boarding and I settled into Premium Economy. Boarding was completed relatively quickly, and we pushed back from the gate at 11:20 before take off at 11:40.

I don’t have any timings for anything on board, but I watched 4 films - Men In Black (the new one), Late Night, Fighting With My Family and Shazam. Lunch was chicken casserole, which I had preordered, and was tasty. Afternoon tea was with mozzarella sandwiches. No ice cream given out on board but we did get the world’s smallest bag of Skittles each. We landed at 15:30 local time, and it looked like it had just rained. I was off the plane at 15:45, immigration was very quick and I’d collected my luggage by 16:15. While waiting for the luggage to start coming through, I’d seen a woman who looked familiar. It took me a moment but then I recognised her as the wife of someone I watch on Youtube. I then saw them both together, and was trying to be brave and go to say hello as I do enjoy his videos, but I’m socially anxious and didn’t want to bother them so I didn’t. We did have a very brief twitter interaction once they were home though!

I headed upstairs and onto the monorail. It had definitely been raining but the sun was trying to make an appearance again. Having never taken it, I hadn’t realised just how long a walk it is to the DME! It didn’t take long until I was checked in though and at 16:40 I headed through the door to the coach, straight into a wall of humidity. Hello Orlando! We left MCO at 17:00, and arrived at All Star Sports 35 minutes later. I was the first person inside and checking in, which took less than 15 minutes. I stepped back outside to walk to my room and saw the most beautiful sunset. I was back, and feeling so lucky and happy.

I found my room easily (3323, Building 3. Very well placed for the reception area and the car park.) and headed in to put my bags in. I’d used Fairytale Personal Shopper (now sadly no longer operating) for some parcels, and had been emailing Tim once I’d landed. He’d emailed a few minutes ago to say he was in the lobby, so I headed back down to meet him. Thankfully everything was on a wagon, which I used to take everything up to my room before returning it to Tim. We said our goodbyes and I had a quick look in the gift shop before heading to the food court for some dinner. I had the chicken alfredo pasta with a garlic bread stick, some chocolate milk and I picked up a red drinks mug. The pasta was tasty but I did find a couple of hard bits, not sure what they were.

I went back to my room around 7pm, unpacked some of my suitcase and the boxes of goodies. I had a shower and dried my hair, then had a look at my Uber app - I was very pleased to see that you can preorder an Uber, so I did that for 6:40 the next morning for my breakfast at Fort Wilderness. I headed to bed at 9pm, with my alarm set for 5:45 the next morning.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Great start, can't wait for more x

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 20, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Nice travel day! What did you think of all star sports?
Old 6 May 20, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good travel day looking forward to reading along

Joan
Old 29 May 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

I'm also interested to hear your thoughts on the resort.
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List