Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
Oh how I’m loving Joe’s selfies 😍 😁 😂

See he does listen, he just likes to keep you on your toes! 😂

Love FOP, EE and Nemo and as I’ve said before saatuli is our favourite use of a qs in AK. When we eat oop we share 2 bowls between the 3 of us and don’t need a dessert as we are so full (the rice bowls are safe if you’re coeliac and most of the sauces are ok too).

My your Moroccan dinner sounds delicious- especially as I sit here wondering what on Earth I’m going to produce for dinner!

That walk at the end of the day/night from Epcot makes the price tag worth the YC/BC, even more so if you can snag a reduced rate 👍🏻

Tfs again, always love reading your reports, it makes me feel I like I’m there enjoying the holiday too! 😄

I made mention of your dietary need in a recent podcast, Satulli really does go that bit extra to help.

Dinner in Morocco was exceptional as unexpected, thanks for such a lovely comment a the end- really appreciate it and we missed you in 2019

Tanks for reading along with us as always xx

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fabulous day. Somehow the entry to the park always seems to be so much less calm and organised on EMH mornings but luckily you managed to get on to FOP anyway. I love how much you are loving yacht club. We are booked to stay at beach club this summer and are hoping that we will be able to transfer to the same resort next year instead as it looks so lovely.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Another fabulous day. Somehow the entry to the park always seems to be so much less calm and organised on EMH mornings but luckily you managed to get on to FOP anyway. I love how much you are loving yacht club. We are booked to stay at beach club this summer and are hoping that we will be able to transfer to the same resort next year instead as it looks so lovely.
I really hope you get to the Beach Club - the whole place is just amazing. The close proximity to Epcot and the whole experience made the holiday for us all. It is also a place that has stayed so much in our hearts since we returned home.
Hope you get sorted and get your booking moved

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 20, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

Wow, looks like a great day. We queued for 1 hour 40 minutes for Flights of Passage in 2017 but it was worth it. I had a little cry at the end, I found it very moving.
Think I recall DH saying something like, Get a grip... but each to their own.

The food at Satuli Canteen is something I'd really like to try next year without (sob!) the DDP. It looks delicious!

Sounds like the pool was an important part of your stay at Disney, and this was one of the reasons we picked the Beach Club - the pool looks amazing.

Having only ever stayed in a villa, the idea of being able to WALK to a park is fabulous.
Roll on August 2021, only 406 days to go
Old 7 Jul 20, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by BaconAndAvocado View Post
Wow, looks like a great day. We queued for 1 hour 40 minutes for Flights of Passage in 2017 but it was worth it. I had a little cry at the end, I found it very moving.
Think I recall DH saying something like, Get a grip... but each to their own.

The food at Satuli Canteen is something I'd really like to try next year without (sob!) the DDP. It looks delicious!

Sounds like the pool was an important part of your stay at Disney, and this was one of the reasons we picked the Beach Club - the pool looks amazing.

Having only ever stayed in a villa, the idea of being able to WALK to a park is fabulous.
Roll on August 2021, only 406 days to go
I had a conversation with a famous person recently ( see upcoming podcast ) about the queue at Flight of Passage - it is one to really actually 'enjoy' waiting in Sounds odd but the detail and theming is incredible.
As for that feeling when you get off - there is such a rush of adrenaline and all kinds of feelings it is truly moving and a reason to continue to want to ride it again and again. Keep reading for another day at AK with a bit of theming info too

Satuli is affordable with the DDP and if they reduce their prices as there is no DDP then even better!

The pool was indeed amazing as was the proximity to the parks - like you we had lots of Villa only holidays and always thought this to be over priced and over hyped - it most certainly was worth every penny we spent and was such a memorable part of all of our Disney holidays.
We still got to enjoy the Villa holiday on this trip but by that time we had burnt the candle at both ends at the Yacht and Beach Club and boy it was so much fun

Enjoy that countdown - it will fly by quicker than you think.
Hope you enjoy the rest of the trip report with us

Old 23 Aug 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
King of the bus! King of the Bus!

I always love the “don’t run! Please walk!” Sound of an AK early morning start!

Sad fact - I still haven’t seen the Avatar in the tank with my own eyes! The one time we have been sent that way I was so engrossed in work that I didn’t lift my head out of my phone and emails until I went past it

Great to see you got your fix of Nemo as well! I know what buttons that show presses for you

Thanks also for sharing your Spice Road review. It’s probably one for a solo trip for me as I just cannot get the other 3 to consider it!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 20, 12:54 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
King of the bus! King of the Bus!

I always love the “don’t run! Please walk!” Sound of an AK early morning start!

Sad fact - I still haven’t seen the Avatar in the tank with my own eyes! The one time we have been sent that way I was so engrossed in work that I didn’t lift my head out of my phone and emails until I went past it

Great to see you got your fix of Nemo as well! I know what buttons that show presses for you

Thanks also for sharing your Spice Road review. It’s probably one for a solo trip for me as I just cannot get the other 3 to consider it!
You will be surprised at how many miss the standby line of FoP - that quest for a Fast Pass and the line usually seen ( except in these 2020 times) with a long wait put off so many that they miss the amazing detail.
Work is an exception !

You know how much we all love Nemo and today was so good to be there

Spice Road is a new one for us and we nearly missed it off the list - way better than we ever imagined and even for the more fussy eaters still has a lot to offer

Appreciate your lovely words again - much appreciated

Old 29 Oct 20, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We did Animal Kingdom After Hours last year and I was hoping they'd let us through the Standby line at FOP (I had read they offered this option) but sadly it wasn't to be, so the 'real' queue still alludes us.

How awesome does your lunch look!? I thought the meats in the bowls were to die for.

Dinner looks incredible! We really enjoyed Spice Road Table a few years ago, OH has asked to return more than once but we need to tick Marrakesh off first. Drooling over your steak description, I'm certainly craving one now.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 20, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We did Animal Kingdom After Hours last year and I was hoping they'd let us through the Standby line at FOP (I had read they offered this option) but sadly it wasn't to be, so the 'real' queue still alludes us.

How awesome does your lunch look!? I thought the meats in the bowls were to die for.

Dinner looks incredible! We really enjoyed Spice Road Table a few years ago, OH has asked to return more than once but we need to tick Marrakesh off first. Drooling over your steak description, I'm certainly craving one now.
I have heard of others who have never done the standby line of FoP It is well worth it as you get to see so much more and once you finish , you will want to see parts of it again as the queue moved too quickly

Lunch is Satuli was amazing and I'm just glad we discovered more about the menu as it is not too clear as to what you can actually order.

As for Spice Road - possibly the place with the biggest question mark about the booking and even after all this time later is possibly the meal that surprised us the most

I would love to go back there right now!