Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 May 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Very disappointed in David's

Whilst I appreciate that this is a very difficult time for everyone and please no-one have a go at me, I am very disappointed in the service I've received from them.

We have had our September trip cancelled by the agent We had one night booked at The Boardwalk as a treat - it was our present to our parents & Auntie & Uncle for Christmas & the trip is for my Dad's 60th. Beyond devastated that our trip has been cancelled but we were expecting it. We've rebooked for February so I reached out to that and was very nice stating I knew they were extremely busy and that I wouldn't be a priority, I was expecting to wait - but would they be able to help at all with the reservation we have as we still wanted to stay at The Boardwalk in February. Whilst I know date changes are not usually possible I thought since this was out of our hands they might have at listened but they basically told me "No your reservation still stands"

They came so highly recommended but I certainly won't be using them again. It's not like we wanted to cancel, the choice was taken off us (even though it's a relief to know we won't be travelling whilst we could still be at risk). If anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way, they'd be very much appreciated right now.

I'm just devastated
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

I’m sorry and this probably isn’t what you want to hear but the reservations are a final transaction.

Have they spoken to the owner? Last year we had a family cancel due to the hurricane, I was able to rebook for them a couple of months later but that was my choice, no obligation.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Whilst I appreciate that this is a very difficult time for everyone and please no-one have a go at me, I am very disappointed in the service I've received from them.

We have had our September trip cancelled by the agent We had one night booked at The Boardwalk as a treat - it was our present to our parents & Auntie & Uncle for Christmas & the trip is for my Dad's 60th. Beyond devastated that our trip has been cancelled but we were expecting it. We've rebooked for February so I reached out to that and was very nice stating I knew they were extremely busy and that I wouldn't be a priority, I was expecting to wait - but would they be able to help at all with the reservation we have as we still wanted to stay at The Boardwalk in February. Whilst I know date changes are not usually possible I thought since this was out of our hands they might have at listened but they basically told me "No your reservation still stands"

They came so highly recommended but I certainly won't be using them again. It's not like we wanted to cancel, the choice was taken off us (even though it's a relief to know we won't be travelling whilst we could still be at risk). If anyone has any suggestions, please send them my way, they'd be very much appreciated right now.

I'm just devastated
What do the terms and conditions of your contract say? Could your insurance cover it maybe?
munmun is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
I’m sorry and this probably isn’t what you want to hear but the reservations are a final transaction.

Have they spoken to the owner? Last year we had a family cancel due to the hurricane, I was able to rebook for them a couple of months later but that was my choice, no obligation.

Yeah I completely & fully understand that which is why I reached out to them asking about any possibilities, but it's been completely taken out of our hands and the email just came across as they didn't really care. I also fully understand I've got a contract with them but at the same time I'm not trying to cancel just for the sake of it, no-one could have forseen a world wide pandemic. I haven't even asked for a refund or anything, I really want to still stay there when we go in February.

No they haven't, basically just got a really rubbish email off them which pretty much was like "tough luck" I could try asking them to speak to the owner but based on their attitude so far I'm not even sure they will
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
What do the terms and conditions of your contract say? Could your insurance cover it maybe?
The contract doesn't say much actually, I've just gone and read over it again. It says non-refundable but I'm not actually asking for a refund.

No our insurance won't cover it
Old 16 May 20, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Your contract isn’t with David’s- it’s with the owner.

David’s is just the facilitator.

So maybe ask David’s to contact the owner and see what they say?

To defend David’s, your contract isn’t with them and the hotel may be open in September.

But David’s should try and help even if they are having a nightmarish time.

But whether they can help, will depend on the owner and the owner may be willing, but there may be issues outside the owner’s control such as the points may expire before next Feb.

I think it will be worthwhile asking David’s to clarify if they have checked with the owner and whether they can move the booking.

For example, this may well be possible if the owner owns at Boardwalk (so has 11 month booking priority) and has say a June use year and had used 2020 points to book. I imagine as an owner myself there would be absolutely no issue moving it now.

If however the points used were banked from 2018 into 2019 and the use year is December, they would expire December 2020.

You need to go back and ask for this clarification so you can get some understanding as to why it cannot be done.

If all else fails could David’s not put it up as a confirmed booking and rent it to someone else?

Must be some workaround.

Good luck.

Edited at 05:01 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post

David’s is just the facilitator.

So maybe ask David’s to contact the owner and see what they say?

To defend David’s, your contract isn’t with them and the hotel may be open in September.

But David’s should try and help even if they are having a nightmarish time.

But whether they can help, will depend on the owner and the owner may be willing, but there may be issues outside the owner’s control such as the points may expire before next Feb.

I think it will be worthwhile asking David’s to clarify if they have checked with the owner and whether they can move the booking.

For example, this may well be possible if the owner owns at Boardwalk (so has 11 month booking priority) and has say a June use year and had used 2020 points to book. I imagine as an owner myself there would be absolutely no issue moving it now.

If however the points used were banked from 2018 into 2019 and the use year is December, they would expire December 2020.

You need to go back and ask for this clarification so you can get some understanding as to why it cannot be done.

If all else fails could David’s not put it up as a confirmed booking and rent it to someone else?

Must be some workaround.

Good luck.
Thank you so much for your reply, this is a really big help and very much appreciated. I will go back to them again with these points and see if they are willing to contact the owner.

Thank you again
Old 16 May 20, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
The renter has a contract with David and the owner has a separate contract with David I thought?

Massive 200 page discussion on the big US board, David looks to be in deep trouble to me he is being hit with CC charge backs now.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell 1
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Thank you so much for your reply, this is a really big help and very much appreciated. I will go back to them again with these points and see if they are willing to contact the owner.

Thank you again
I agree with Yorkshire T, I also said if my renters could not reuse my points and I could re-rent them I would refund.

As you say no one could foresee this and I feel sorry for all involved. I hope you get it sorted.
Tinkerbell 1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

What date in February and what room type, could be worth a check to see if they have availability first?
MrsBrown is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List