Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 29 May 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
Did you chase them? I have a DVC booked for Aug but they have said they are dealing with emails month by month! We too are going in Aug. I thought DVC in WDW will be open wonder why he can offer a voucher now? I mean I could claim off insurance if we can’t get there(west coast) but things seem to be opening up and in 10 weeks will borders be open etc and if so I won’t be able to claim! The only issue with voucher what if he goes bust?(I hope not)
I chased and just said given our trip is early Aug and we're from the UK and likely unable to travel, would they mind reaching out to the owner or extending the credit note to our booking. I was pleasant and noted I'd been a happy customer of David's up to now. I guess they know UK guests may not be able to travel
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
I chased and just said given our trip is early Aug and we're from the UK and likely unable to travel, would they mind reaching out to the owner or extending the credit note to our booking. I was pleasant and noted I'd been a happy customer of David's up to now. I guess they know UK guests may not be able to travel
Did you do this via email? In my initial email a few weeks ago I asked them to reach out to the owner as I was thinking they may be able to help but not sure if I just got a standard response(and they didn’t read it properly when I put Aug). I might chase them again as things probably have settled down. I still can’t get my head around how he is offering these credit notes. How is this financially possible?
Old 29 May 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant

Did you do this via email? In my initial email a few weeks ago I asked them to reach out to the owner as I was thinking they may be able to help but not sure if I just got a standard response(and they didn’t read it properly when I put Aug). I might chase them again as things probably have settled down. I still can’t get my head around how he is offering these credit notes. How is this financially possible?
Yes via email, I just responded to my initial email.
I assume he's asking the owner to cancel then use the points for other bookings in coming weeks and months? Especially if Disney is allowing additional banking (sorry don't know exactly how it works). I don't know to be honest!

Edited at 09:54 PM.
Rich accountant is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rich accountant View Post
Yes via email, I just responded to my initial email.
I assume he's asking the owner to cancel then use the points for other bookings in coming weeks and months? Especially if Disney is allowing additional banking (sorry don't know exactly how it works). I don't know to be honest!
Thank you so much for this - it gives me hope
If the voucher is for 3 years I know I will use it
Old 30 May 20, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much for this - it gives me hope
If the voucher is for 3 years I know I will use it
Sent my email this morning and this gives me hope too!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 20, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
Sent my email this morning and this gives me hope too!
Let me know if you hear.
I know I could claim on my insurance but I’m relying on either the resort not being open or travel borders not being open. The way things are progressing I think they might be open(I mean it was only a few weeks ago that no one thought a July holiday was possible now Europe is prob going to be open) so anything can happen!
Old 31 May 20, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Let me know if you hear.
I know I could claim on my insurance but I’m relying on either the resort not being open or travel borders not being open. The way things are progressing I think they might be open(I mean it was only a few weeks ago that no one thought a July holiday was possible now Europe is prob going to be open) so anything can happen!
They have now said they are only working on June at this current time and it wouldn't be until the week that we are meant to be there that they'd look at it! To which I replied well I know others have managed to get in touch with their owners and have amended August dates, some September and that once again I was requesting they contact my owner or ask her to get in contact with me. (I worded it a bit nicer than that but made it clear). They've got one more chance!
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EmmaBolan View Post
They have now said they are only working on June at this current time and it wouldn't be until the week that we are meant to be there that they'd look at it! To which I replied well I know others have managed to get in touch with their owners and have amended August dates, some September and that once again I was requesting they contact my owner or ask her to get in contact with me. (I worded it a bit nicer than that but made it clear). They've got one more chance!
Oh no really maybe it’s advisor dependant some maybe more helpful! The thing is the owners will miss the opportunity of doing anything if they leave it too long! What is your next move?
Old 4 Jun 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
su708
VIP Dibber

Mobile

If it helps anyone, I contacted them 2 days ago as we have a booking for end July, I explained we doubted we would be able to get there being from the UK & the flights situation plus quarantine etc... they replied within an hour & offered me a travel credit 👍
Old 4 Jun 20, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Rich accountant

Mobile

Yes, just to confirm I've accepted the travel credit also. Great service from David's!