Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 25 May 20, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
swprugby
a Friend of the DIBB

Help, have DVC given me a points extension ?

Hi, was looking for some clarification as i don't understand the Email received from DVC today after i contacted them regarding the 880 points i currently stand to lose on 31st July 2020 after my holiday was cancelled. Is this Email confirming that DVC have allowed me an extra 12 months to 31st July 2021 to use 336 of the 880 points i stand to lose, in effect adding the 336 points to my next allocation of 440 points on 1st August 2020 if that makes sense.
I cannot make sense of the Email and find it a bit confusing, hopefully someone is better at understanding it than me i hope.
Copy of EMAIL below:

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club®.
We appreciate your reaching out to us about your Membership and thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time. In light of the situation and its impact on our operations and to you as the Member we have made some temporary updates with regards to cancelled stays during the closure time.

Please note that at this time there is no confirmed information with regards to when the Resorts will reopen, but you may find the most up to date information online at DisneyWorld.com, DisneyVacationClub.com or by contacting Member Services by phone, email or chat online.

Per the temporary policies shared with Members, August 2019 Use Year Vacation Points and September 2019 Use Year Vacation Points that were used on reservations that were impacted by the closure can be banked into your 2020 Use Year. Please note this only applies to Vacation Points returned after canceling an impacted reservation. Reservations not impacted and/or any remaining Vacation Points are ineligible.

We were able to submit a form to bank 336 Vacation Points from your 2019 Use Year to your 2020 Use Year. You will be able to see the returned Vacation Points approximately 15 business days from the time the reservation was cancelled. If you need these Vacation Points immediately in order to book a reservation, please contact Member Services by phone or chat.

We have not made any changes at this time to our Vacation Points banking or expiration policies with regards to those from your August 2018 Use Year. Those Vacation Points banked into the August 2019 Use Year will need to be used for travel by July 31, 2020 or they will expire. If you or a Guest will not be able to travel and use them by that time, we invite you to contact Member Services for additional information with regards to making a deposit into an RCI® account. This exchange program of your Membership will allow for additional time to use the Vacation Points for travel to a non-Disney Resort around the world or the United States. The deadline to deposit for your August 2019 Use Year is June 17, 2020.

We appreciate your continued patience and understanding.

Kind Regards,

Disney Vacation Club
swprugby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Your initial description of your points and what you used to book is not detailed enough to answer your question.

1. Is your use year August I take it?
2. Do you have 440 points a year?
3. Did you bank or borrow any points- If yes from when and how many?
4. How many points was your reservation?
5. How many points after your reservation was made did you have in your current use year (2019 still), and your next use year (2020) which starts in August.

Judging from the email they have banked 336 of your points to your next use year which means you’d have until July 2021 to use them (end of your 2020 use year), so you seem to have interpreted that correctly, but what isn’t clear is why you were losing 800 points. It seems you banked some from 2018 into your 2019 (current) use year and it’s saying you can’t extend them so get them banked into RCI by the end of June on the assumption you can’t book and travel by July 31 this year.

Edited at 06:47 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
fmol196
Excited about Disney

I also read as YT does that you have been allowed to bank those points to 2020 use year, it sounds like you need to transfer the rest into RCI to avoid losing them. I moved mine to RCI to avoid losing them back in April.
Old 25 May 20, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
swprugby
a Friend of the DIBB

Thank you both Yorkshire T and FMOL196 for your replies.

Yes i did bank points from 2018 use year into 2019 use year which amounted to a total of 880 points of which 776 points were used to book the holiday which left me with a balance of 104 remaining in 2019 use year, i did not borrow any points.
My use year is August 1st and receive 440 new points every year on this date.
Yes you have understood the Email as i did, I will transfer my remaining points from 2019 use year 544 which is minus the 336 to RCI as suggested.
I would not have known they were allowing me to transfer 336 into 2020 had i not Emailed them asking for an extension as DVC told me on the phone about 3-4 weeks ago i stood to lose all 880 by 31st July 2020 if they weren't used, not sure how they arrived at the 336 figure though but hey 336 is better than nothing at all i guess !
Thanks both
swprugby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by swprugby View Post
Thank you both Yorkshire T and FMOL196 for your replies.

Yes i did bank points from 2018 use year into 2019 use year which amounted to a total of 880 points of which 776 points were used to book the holiday which left me with a balance of 104 remaining in 2019 use year, i did not borrow any points.
My use year is August 1st and receive 440 new points every year on this date.
Yes you have understood the Email as i did, I will transfer my remaining points from 2019 use year 544 which is minus the 336 to RCI as suggested.
I would not have known they were allowing me to transfer 336 into 2020 had i not Emailed them asking for an extension as DVC told me on the phone about 3-4 weeks ago i stood to lose all 880 by 31st July 2020 if they weren't used, not sure how they arrived at the 336 figure though but hey 336 is better than nothing at all i guess !
Thanks both
Ok so you should have been able to bank the 104 into 2020 anyway as they were 2019 points I assume. If not you need to contact them if they are still there and see if they’ll let you bank them. You have now passed the banking window. However I suspect you’ve already done this?
The 2018 points which are left (not sure why that’s not 440 as if you transferred 440 in then you can’t bank them as they are 2018) you will potentially lose so a transfer into RCI by deadline (month before I think but check) may be your only option.

However there may be another glimmer of hope regarding those 2018 points. I read (not checked) for June and April use years they have allowed an extra 6 months to use the 2018 points. There’s speculation this could be extended to August use year points also.
So you may be better hanging on until the RCI banking deadline (don’t miss) to see if they do extend. Then if they do and you can go in 6 months book something with them immediately. If you can’t go get a booking to rent out. That’s the other possibility.
Old 25 May 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
swprugby
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks Yorkshire T, i did not bank any 2019 points into 2020 because i had used them all for the holiday so there was nothing to bank, then the holiday was cancelled by Disney (not me) so its now too late to salvage the 104 points as the banking window has long passed, i got caught in no mans land with those 104 points through no fault of my own, looks like i have lost them as Disney say i cannot bank them due to the deadline having passed in March.
But i will transfer the rest into RCI but wait until nearer the deadline as you say,

Thank you for your help.
Old 25 May 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by swprugby View Post
Thanks Yorkshire T, i did not bank any 2019 points into 2020 because i had used them all for the holiday so there was nothing to bank, then the holiday was cancelled by Disney (not me) so its now too late to salvage the 104 points as the banking window has long passed, i got caught in no mans land with those 104 points through no fault of my own, looks like i have lost them as Disney say i cannot bank them due to the deadline having passed in March.
But i will transfer the rest into RCI but wait until nearer the deadline as you say,

Thank you for your help.
Hope they extend them six months for you shortly.