Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Jun 21, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Seems to working now Andy, I’ve just completed a reservation and now have an email confirmation.
Does seem to be glitchy though, when I log back in all I get is the screen with the QR code, won’t move off it, even by clicking ‘Done’ at the bottom!
That's the screen that I get on my mobile when I log on. But you don't press "DONE" until you've scanned the QR code or entered the alpha/numeric code at the MCO vending machine. At least the app on my Samsung says that.

The QR code doesn't stay in vision long though and reverts to the log in screen very quickly.

Mick

Edited at 09:54 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by mick View Post
PS

All seems to be app based now and tag collection from a machine not a person.

Mick
I hope you will be providing us with a photo of the machine in question ?
Old 7 Jun 21, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mexico07
VIP Dibber

Thanks Mick just fine this now , I’m a bit thick with this kind of thing as I get really nervous I’m doing something wrong 🤦🏻😂 so probably a really stupid question but do you scan the code at the terminal or does it get scanned at the gate leaving mco ? Many thanks your a star ⭐️ xxx
mexico07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I hope you will be providing us with a photo of the machine in question ?
Sadly BB won't have time. Must get over to side B garage to get behind the wheel of my full size Alamo car again. Need to get on the 417 south.

Mick
Old 7 Jun 21, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by mexico07 View Post
Thanks Mick just fine this now , I’m a bit thick with this kind of thing as I get really nervous I’m doing something wrong 🤦🏻😂 so probably a really stupid question but do you scan the code at the terminal or does it get scanned at the gate leaving mco ? Many thanks your a star ⭐️ xxx
Are you asking about scanning the app on your phone or when does the VTP tag get scanned.

Sadly the web page has gone to sleep but from what I recall when I first started this thread there was a bit of a walk through. You went to level 1 on side A where there are vending machines. According to my app you scan the bar code or enter the alpha/numeric code at one of these machines and it will deliver you your VTP tag. Previous chat on this thread might suggest that they will add side B when international flights resume.

You hang this tag from rear view mirror and it's read as you drive out of the garage.

Mick

Edited at 06:55 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Highly recommend the Visitor Pass, we used it 3 times from when it started until March 20 when we were last in Florida.
Like Mike, Lesley went with the cc to get the Visitor Pass while I went to look at the cars to hire. Good result on both.

As Boris announced the Lockdown were now having to drive to Miami, but spoke to VP people and they said that we could use it on the Florida Turnpike and post it back to them at Miami airport. So had a sae ready and posted it to them at the airport, receiving an email the following week with costs.

It would be good if they could also set it up at Tampa and Miami airport.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 7 Jun 21, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Answer part 2

We are always on auto-pilot when we leave MCO from garage B on to the 417 south.

If going this way this is the first toll. If paying cash keep right, give the attendant no more than a $20 bill and ask for change. If using Sunpass keep left and don't stop.

You'll need change when leaving the 417 at junctions 2 or 3 for example. This is j2 at Celebration Avenue. j3 at Osceola is similar.

You can buy a Sunpass mini transponder from Publix, CVS etc but Sunpass kicks in automatically when you don't stop by taking a photo of your licence plate.

Can I say how great it is to be posting on car hire again
Great to see those pics Mick - normal service has been restored
Old 7 Jun 21, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Highly recommend the Visitor Pass, we used it 3 times from when it started until March 20 when we were last in Florida.
Like Mike, Lesley went with the cc to get the Visitor Pass while I went to look at the cars to hire. Good result on both.

As Boris announced the Lockdown were now having to drive to Miami, but spoke to VP people and they said that we could use it on the Florida Turnpike and post it back to them at Miami airport. So had a sae ready and posted it to them at the airport, receiving an email the following week with costs.

It would be good if they could also set it up at Tampa and Miami airport.

Melvin and Lesley
Old 7 Jun 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

That's the screen that I get on my mobile when I log on. But you don't press "DONE" until you've scanned the QR code or entered the alpha/numeric code at the MCO vending machine. At least the app on my Samsung says that.

The QR code doesn't stay in vision long though and reverts to the log in screen very quickly.

Mick
My email confirmation has got different pick up/drop off times to what I entered when I registered (not even close!).
It says these can be amended anytime by logging into the account. But when I log in to try and amend them, all I get is the QR screen.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 21, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
My email confirmation has got different pick up/drop off times to what I entered when I registered (not even close!).
It says these can be amended anytime by logging into the account. But when I log in to try and amend them, all I get is the QR screen.
Sorry I misunderstood your earlier post.

That's really odd. They are pretty poor at replying to emails through their web site as well - maybe a phone call?

A bit like you as well when I log in with user name and password and get the barcode there's nowhere to go is there? No drop down to view or edit anything.

Mick