Old 2 Sep 21, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Ahhh I’ve just spent the whole night reading your report Abby! I am so so pleased you managed to get away this year. I knew before reading that cocktails would definitely be on this list oh and my strawberry daiquiri wouldn’t have been photographed either, one of my favourite cocktails.

It’s great there were so many activities for you all to enjoy and included in the hotel too. Breakfast looks like there was lots of choices 😊 Shame that the Italian was hit and miss, but the pics do look so tasty.

Oh the resort is beautiful, it looks so serene and tranquil, you may answer this further in the report so if you do ignore this was it quite when you were there?

Such a pain about your mum and dads room key, not when you need when you just want to get dry and changed and also about the optics. If that is advertised as being in your room of course you expect it and have every right to raise issues when it isn’t, a shame though ☹

The rooms look lovely, quite big and spacious, even better you were upgraded to ocean view, I bet those views were so pretty on a morning and evening. Ouch poor Max! Did you ever find out what it was that stung him?

The photo in the rain is total commitment to your trip reports as always Abby! Ok just seen your reply about the resort not being busy haha, I did think someone would ask 😊

The food at the steak restaurant looks so yummy! Especially that Caesar salad, I have a thing for Caesar salad at the moment The Kulinarium restaurant looks amazing and it’s great Max ate too, so hard when people have different tastes.
Poor Max getting all the stings, thankfully it wasn’t too bad and you too.
Oh I’m laughing so much at you walking onto the nudist beach hehe. That walk looked lovely though, there’s just something about the views in the Caribbean isn’t there?

Looks like you had a great time on the boat trip. Sometimes it’s nice to do something a little different isn’t it and well done to Dad on the haggling! Bargain.
That tree in the resort reminded me of a pineapple and that sunset is just beautiful. I love how Max made friends and spent time with them. The lounging in the pool looks so relaxing … I could fall asleep just looking!

Aww I love your little hotel guest, so cute. More stunning sunset photos, you should take up photography Abby, you really do have a skill there. Such a lovely story about your parents first holiday but I did laugh at the beef tomato reminding him

Those passenger locator forms are awful, I know I struggled last year when I was in Turkey, some of the questions aren’t worded well at all, I had to google to figure out what I needed to say, it was bad enough for 1 never mind 6!
What a lovely trip for you all, albeit different to what it normally is. It’s good to know it wasn’t too stressful getting back into the UK. Thank you so much for sharing as always xx
Hey there lovely lady 😘

Gosh it's been a long time. I'm sure you've been busy with the kids all summer.

I've only been back at school 2 days and the holiday seems a distant memory. I'm so glad I was brave and took the plunge. We had such a good time all of us, 3 generations! It was absolutely brilliant to get away, relax, spend time together and just forget for two weeks all about cases and deaths and everything.

We realised when we did the snorkeling on the beach that there were absolutely loads of jellyfish in the sea. I mean loads! We were lucky I guess to not be stung more. It wasn't too bad on your legs, very similar to a stinging nettle but poor Max on his face. No lasting damage though and it was nowhere near as bad as the poor guy who stepped on the sea urchin and had to have the stings all pulled put with tweezers. He was laying on that sunbed for about an hour.

I think we were lucky the resort was just busy enough for all the a la carte restaurants to be open a few times a week. I suspect if there were fewer people they wouldn't have had a full service. But it was fine for us and we got to do them all more than once.

I've never been to the Caribbean before, but I'd certainly go back we had a fantastic time. Perhaps just a week if we were to return, but saying that the two weeks meant we really did sink into the holiday, laid back life. Every time I hear a Bob Marley song it takes me back as the DJ on the beach basically played Bob Marley hits on repeat. It was fab.

One of the best things for me though was to learn things about my parents life that I never knew! How amazing to hear the story of their first holiday together 😍 we missed my Dad's 70th birthday last year and I just love that I've learned something new.

I hope you're all well, I hope your not-so-new job is going well. I also hope your much rearranged trip goes ahead.

Would you believe I've put in an offer to buy DVC Resale at Copper Creek, Wilderness Lodge? Crazy! So, fingers crossed you get your holiday as I really want to be able to get back to Orlando next summer as it will be our welcome home trip (if it all goes through...)

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Sep 21, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hey there lovely lady 😘

Gosh it's been a long time. I'm sure you've been busy with the kids all summer.

I've only been back at school 2 days and the holiday seems a distant memory. I'm so glad I was brave and took the plunge. We had such a good time all of us, 3 generations! It was absolutely brilliant to get away, relax, spend time together and just forget for two weeks all about cases and deaths and everything.

We realised when we did the snorkeling on the beach that there were absolutely loads of jellyfish in the sea. I mean loads! We were lucky I guess to not be stung more. It wasn't too bad on your legs, very similar to a stinging nettle but poor Max on his face. No lasting damage though and it was nowhere near as bad as the poor guy who stepped on the sea urchin and had to have the stings all pulled put with tweezers. He was laying on that sunbed for about an hour.

I think we were lucky the resort was just busy enough for all the a la carte restaurants to be open a few times a week. I suspect if there were fewer people they wouldn't have had a full service. But it was fine for us and we got to do them all more than once.

I've never been to the Caribbean before, but I'd certainly go back we had a fantastic time. Perhaps just a week if we were to return, but saying that the two weeks meant we really did sink into the holiday, laid back life. Every time I hear a Bob Marley song it takes me back as the DJ on the beach basically played Bob Marley hits on repeat. It was fab.

One of the best things for me though was to learn things about my parents life that I never knew! How amazing to hear the story of their first holiday together 😍 we missed my Dad's 70th birthday last year and I just love that I've learned something new.

I hope you're all well, I hope your not-so-new job is going well. I also hope your much rearranged trip goes ahead.

Would you believe I've put in an offer to buy DVC Resale at Copper Creek, Wilderness Lodge? Crazy! So, fingers crossed you get your holiday as I really want to be able to get back to Orlando next summer as it will be our welcome home trip (if it all goes through...)

A x
It really has, I must have accidentally closed the tab on my laptop and never realised as I didn't come on much.

How is it going being back at work? Is everything back to normal for you? Thomas is back Wednesday and Caitlin Thursday.

You really were lucky, so glad there was no lasting damage but I can bet it really hurt poor Max at the time! Sounds like the man on the beach had a hard time too.

It's good you got to have the full experience of the hotel and all the food looked really good. Such a huge selection and not to mention the cocktails the most important part.

It's such a hard toss between 1 and 2 weeks. Maybe next time 10 days might be better? But yeah it will have been so nice to literally just forget everything and get into holiday mode. The Caribbean is beautiful, we want to eventually go to all the islands. We did Cuba in 2016 for our 5th wedding anniversary and it was lovely, we would love to go back again sometime. Reading through your report I was showing Chris some of the pics and he said it reminded him of Cuba. I hope you do a trip report if you go to the Caribbean again, or just any trip Abby! I don't think it would be the Caribbean if they didn't play Bob Marley would it

The story really was lovely and great that you got to find out more of your parents lives. Do you plan on doing something for your dads 70th now the restrictions have relaxed?

I am thank you, still waiting to go back into the office, hopefully this month sometime. Yep not a new job anymore, 18 months in now, it's madness!

OMG no way! That's amazing! Please let me know if you get it, that would be absolutely amazing! I will keep everything crossed for you. I really hope you get to go next year too. I've missed seeing reports of people's holidays on here. Maybe 2022 is the year! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
It really has, I must have accidentally closed the tab on my laptop and never realised as I didn't come on much.

How is it going being back at work? Is everything back to normal for you? Thomas is back Wednesday and Caitlin Thursday.

You really were lucky, so glad there was no lasting damage but I can bet it really hurt poor Max at the time! Sounds like the man on the beach had a hard time too.

It's good you got to have the full experience of the hotel and all the food looked really good. Such a huge selection and not to mention the cocktails the most important part.

It's such a hard toss between 1 and 2 weeks. Maybe next time 10 days might be better? But yeah it will have been so nice to literally just forget everything and get into holiday mode. The Caribbean is beautiful, we want to eventually go to all the islands. We did Cuba in 2016 for our 5th wedding anniversary and it was lovely, we would love to go back again sometime. Reading through your report I was showing Chris some of the pics and he said it reminded him of Cuba. I hope you do a trip report if you go to the Caribbean again, or just any trip Abby! I don't think it would be the Caribbean if they didn't play Bob Marley would it

The story really was lovely and great that you got to find out more of your parents lives. Do you plan on doing something for your dads 70th now the restrictions have relaxed?

I am thank you, still waiting to go back into the office, hopefully this month sometime. Yep not a new job anymore, 18 months in now, it's madness!

OMG no way! That's amazing! Please let me know if you get it, that would be absolutely amazing! I will keep everything crossed for you. I really hope you get to go next year too. I've missed seeing reports of people's holidays on here. Maybe 2022 is the year! Xx
It's been great getting back into school. Almost normal really, apart from all the hand sanitiser everywhere and making sure we have all the windows open.

Wherever we end up on holiday next you can be sure I will write a trip report. Hopefully we will be able to get away somewhere in October half term.

Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 21, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

It's been great getting back into school. Almost normal really, apart from all the hand sanitiser everywhere and making sure we have all the windows open.

Wherever we end up on holiday next you can be sure I will write a trip report. Hopefully we will be able to get away somewhere in October half term.
Oh that's good then!

Do you have anywhere in mind yet or are you waiting till closer to the time? I can't wait for it already xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 21, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Oh that's good then!

Do you have anywhere in mind yet or are you waiting till closer to the time? I can't wait for it already xx
Hey Kelly,

I was kind of waiting on the off chance that USA would open up. But that is a pipe dream at the mo, and I don't want to hang around waiting anymore, I want to get on and enjoy the countries that do want us to visit...

So, this morning we booked a short break to Rome during October half term. I've not been to Italy since I was young child, when we went to Venice. Dave and the kids have never been to Italy.

We had avios and so I've booked Club Europe, BA's business class for both the outbound and return flights. It was only £200 for all four of us. We get to enjoy the lounge at T5 before the flight too.

Italy entry restrictions are saying that children under 18 are treated the same as fully vaccinated parents so we can travel their quarantine free. I *think* we will all need a covid test before we go, but we won't need one to come home so that's good.

I still need to book a hotel for 4 nights, but I'm going to use clubcard vouchers and book through hotels.com. this is going to end up being a pretty cheap trip!

The DVC sale is still awaiting Disney right of first refusal we are nearly 3 weeks in. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through.

I'll start a pre trip for the Rome holiday in the next few weeks.

A x

Old 18 Sep 21, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hey Kelly,

I was kind of waiting on the off chance that USA would open up. But that is a pipe dream at the mo, and I don't want to hang around waiting anymore, I want to get on and enjoy the countries that do want us to visit...

So, this morning we booked a short break to Rome during October half term. I've not been to Italy since I was young child, when we went to Venice. Dave and the kids have never been to Italy.

We had avios and so I've booked Club Europe, BA's business class for both the outbound and return flights. It was only £200 for all four of us. We get to enjoy the lounge at T5 before the flight too.

Italy entry restrictions are saying that children under 18 are treated the same as fully vaccinated parents so we can travel their quarantine free. I *think* we will all need a covid test before we go, but we won't need one to come home so that's good.

I still need to book a hotel for 4 nights, but I'm going to use clubcard vouchers and book through hotels.com. this is going to end up being a pretty cheap trip!

The DVC sale is still awaiting Disney right of first refusal we are nearly 3 weeks in. Just keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through.

I'll start a pre trip for the Rome holiday in the next few weeks.

A x
I really don't blame you, we started looking at Canada last week and also other destinations after last nights announcement.

Oh Italy will be lovely and even better you've managed to get such a great price. Again that's somewhere we'd like to go ... one day. You've also reminded me we have clubcard vouchers to get used up too ...

I still have everything crossed the DVC resale, I hope you hear soon!

Really looking forward to the pre-trippie, I'm sure it'll be an amazing trip xx
Old 18 Sep 21, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
I really don't blame you, we started looking at Canada last week and also other destinations after last nights announcement.

Oh Italy will be lovely and even better you've managed to get such a great price. Again that's somewhere we'd like to go ... one day. You've also reminded me we have clubcard vouchers to get used up too ...

I still have everything crossed the DVC resale, I hope you hear soon!

Really looking forward to the pre-trippie, I'm sure it'll be an amazing trip xx
I'd have loved to have gone to Canada but the kids are over 12 and not vaccinated so it's a no go for us.

But I'm trying to just enjoy what we can and not long for what is beyond our reach.

I've booked a hotel for Rome this afternoon, only £27, after £60 of clubcard vouchers converted plus the hotel was over half price what it should be for 4 nights.

I'm pretty excited about a half term city break! And we're only £227 out if pocket for flights and hotel.

Old 18 Sep 21, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Rome! How exciting.

Totally recommend looking at Trastevere, brilliant area for eating out. We have always really liked Hotel Trastevere, it’s not very fancy but is well located with friendly staff. It’s in my Rome trip report.
Old 19 Sep 21, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Rome sounds amazing - it's somewhere I've never been and always wanted to see! Really looking forward to the TR... I'm hoping to take DD for a couple of days in Paris then we are meeting DH and DS in DLP So far I only have the DLP element booked but hopefully will organise the rest in next day or so!
Buggles94 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Rome! How exciting.

Totally recommend looking at Trastevere, brilliant area for eating out. We have always really liked Hotel Trastevere, it’s not very fancy but is well located with friendly staff. It’s in my Rome trip report.
I need to revisit your trip report. We're going to have to get training for all the walking! I booked a hotel yesterday evening that is close to the Vatican City. It's a quad room, with a double and 2 single beds, so at least we won't have arguments from the kids! Plus breakfast is included. As I used £60 of clubcard vouchers its actually only cost me £27 for 4 nights.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Rome sounds amazing - it's somewhere I've never been and always wanted to see! Really looking forward to the TR... I'm hoping to take DD for a couple of days in Paris then we are meeting DH and DS in DLP So far I only have the DLP element booked but hopefully will organise the rest in next day or so!
I'm really excited about Rome. 5 weeks today! So, not long to wait.

Your Paris trip sounds great fun. Plus, you'll get to have the Disney fix too. Again, Paris is somewhere I've not been to in 20 years. It's always been bumped off our city break list in favour of other places. Maybe that's somewhere Dave and I should go without the kids...