Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Nov 21, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Where ever we go there's trouble. Las vegas shooting, yep, Brooklyn cop shooting yep, Brooklyn bridge riots, yep. It just seems to follow us.
One year arrived in Orlando, decided to get drive thru burgers before heading to the villa. Dh driving pulls up to the window but too far away, he jumps out and walks upto window, I'm like noooo you can't do that, too late, they see a man approach the window, tattoos everywhere and think he's holding the place up, they throw as much food (not cash) into the bag, throw it at him and slam the windows and run. No he didn't get arrested thank god.
Another time we went from Orlando to Clearwater beach for 1 night. Packed up the next morning to go back to Orlando and couldn't find the keys. We came to the conclusion that he put them in his swim shorts pocket as we spent about 3 hours in the sea when we got there, my friend that came with us said well you need to go and check, lol, what the sea?
I rang the hire company and they were going to send someone out, they had a final look around the condo and they found them, in my toiletry bag 😳
You would think that nobody would want to come away with us but nope booked Florida today for 9 of us, here's hoping a smooth holiday 🙏
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Many years ago when our kids were still small, DD was around 9 at the time. She started to be ill in the run up to the holiday and it was touch and go whether we were going to have to cancel or not. Thankfully the antibiotics kicked in and she improved rapidly so we decided to go. I had barely done any packing so just threw stuffing suitcases and we were off. We arrived in Orlando to find that I had forgotten to pack any clothes for dd. All the lovely new outfits I had bought were still hanging on the outside of the wardrobe in the spare bedroom. We had to take her to the mall and totally kit her out in new things. We had an amazing holiday though.
marypoppins38 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Mobile

In 2013 we had to cancel our holiday at short notice but we’d already changed our money so decided to keep it for the following year.
Fast forward to the following year and we decided to change some more money so I went to the safe to put it with the rest of the dollars only it wasn’t there.
DH was adamant he’d put it there and I searched the house and was in tears as it was almost $3,000 DH just shrugged his shoulders as if it didn’t matter.
After a couple hours of searching which basically ended up with the house looking like we’d been burgled he remembered where he’d put it which was somewhere I’d never have thought of but I was so angry with him I couldn’t speak to him for the rest of the day
Old 16 Nov 21, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pumpkin Pie View Post
There is a theme here - men!
One for you my first trip to the US was to new York I’d saved for mounts me and my then girlfriend ( now wife) when we got there I gave her 3000 to pay for hotels as we were moving about a bit. After a week she told me we only had 300 left there was no way we’d spent all that on hotels anyway I wanted to enjoy the holiday so used the little savings I had. Fast forward and we’d traveled through Canada back in New York the girlfriend unpacked her bag and found 1500 ( we had fun that final 2 days).
Old 16 Nov 21, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
We're all human and make little mistakes right. That's pretty normal.

Imagine planning a trip to Disneyworld in 2016, you sort out everything, tickets ADRS, fastpass (RIP), parking, hire car for my husband as I didn't drive at that time...

10 hour flight done, collection of luggage done... then you decide to chill with the luggage and the kids whilst your husband goes to collect the hire car.

You're sat for almost 2 hours with a 1 year old and a 8 year old wondering where the hell he's gone. Kids are understandably tired and irritated.

Now imagine your husband coming back with the hire car area and informing you that he FORGOT to bring his driving licence! 😳
The only reason we were able to get the car was because he's in the Military and had that ID. (Military Plant by trade so he actually has all licenses) Still not sure how we managed to get that car (with an upgrade too) without him having a driving licence. That's some massive luck right there 😂

I was MAD 😂

So it brought me to thinking what are your stories from Disney? Your mistakes? Worst days?
Yep, can relate to that one, back in 1992, going on our honeymoon and realised on flight over we forgot our licence, as you can imagine back 30 years ago communication back home wasn’t so easy, after major palava managed to get a very poor copy faxed to our hotel and amazingly car hire accepted it,
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

We'd stayed in New York for a few nights and had packed up to travel by train to Washington for the rest of the trip. I was sitting in Grand Central station with the suitcases and hubby had gone on the hunt for fridge magnets. I realised that I hadn't emptied the hotel safe and our passports and my husbands wallet were still inside. I phoned my husband and then the hotel and luckily they'd got the contents of the safe. Hubby then had to run back to the hotel and then back to the station in the August heat so we didn't miss our pre-booked train, whoops!
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

First trip 1988 picked up the hire car in the dark and drove to the hotel.
Next morning after breakfast jumped in the car to TTC parked up got on the tram.
FF to 10pm... who knew the carpark was so big and you need to make a note of where you park 😂
The security man was very nice as he drove us around every row looking for it , all we knew was it was red
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Laner
slightly serious Dibber

Laner's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Booked Medieval Times before we went one year. My daughter was and still is very into horses and riding. Decided as a treat to upgrade and book Kings Table or Queens Table tickets which are front row, right in the middle - around $350 from memory.

Anyway, we had a fantastic time in one of the parks and I got up for breakfast the next morning and instantly remembered that the previous evening we should have been at the show. I called them to explain we had missed the show and basically they told us it was tough luck - another $350 later we went to Medieval Times the following evening.

Probably the most expensive dinner show I will ever attend at $700!
Disneyland Paris 2000, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2011, 2014
Florida 1993, 1997, 2008, 2013
Laner is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

Parking at what was downtown Disney and forgetting where we had parked or it’s registration . Took us ages to find it as all the cars looked the same ..
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 21, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
On our trip in March 20, we had waited in line for an hour for immigration and were just waiting for the cases when we realised we were one hand luggage short, the bag with all our meds in Quickly found a BA rep who got the bag back to us.

Won't happen again

Melvin and Lesley