Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 31 Dec 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Post office pre paid card

I'm looking at getting a postoffice pre paid card for or Feb trip as both our credit cards charge foreign fees.
I can't get a decent credit card as only work part time and DH doesn't want to get one just for hols(to be fair he's not coming with us)
Has any one used the post office card? Would you recommend it.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

I have used one in the US, Canada and Iceland - never had an issue anywhere.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDavid
Earning More Ears

Works ok, only problem we had was in Disney Parks as would not work for contactless payments on my phone, worked ok in hotels or Springs
DisneyDavid is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Really struggled to use it in Gran Canaria. Often, the payment wouldn’t go through. Painful.🙈
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Hammerstone
Very Serious Dibber

I used them for the bulk of my holiday. As mentioned you can’t seem to buy things connected to Disney, so on MDE you will need to link to another card.

Outside of Disney I had no problems paying for things with contactless. Although it worked chip and pin paying for my lightsaber/droid etc, so
Hammerstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 21, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

I mainly need it to pay room bill when staying on site. I will have credit card linked to room but then use pre paid card to intermittently pay the balance.
fluffychicken is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 22, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

No issues using the post office ones out in the states on my previous 3 trips - thanks for reminding me to check it for our feb trip!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Merrykerry
Earning More Ears

I have used it around Europe but not in America. Never had an issue. We used it as a bit of a savings card- put £X amount each on every pay day in the run up to our holiday and it paid for all our mesls out and entertainment. We are not doing it for our Florida trip in May though as the rate seems to be not as good. Have you considered a revolut card? Bit better rate- accepted in most places. (Only place I had an issue was on an Easyjet flight) so, good to have another one to hand!
Merrykerry is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 22, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Just don’t link it to your room. Disney (and many offsite hotels and restaurants) can take hold payments which can take weeks to drop off, and affect your limit.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List