Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

Daughters 7th Birthday during trip

Hi all,

It's my Daughters 7th Birthday during our holiday, can anyone recommend how to make this day extra special?
We won't be able to take presents with us or buy them there due to the luggage restrictions.

We are going for 21 days in May 2022, staying offsite in a Villa, doing both WDW and Universal plus Discovery Cove.

Should it be a day in the park?
Home visit from a Disney princess character maybe?

All suggestions welcome especially if you have experience of this yourself.

Thanks!
Kingtinger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I would go to MK and eat in Cinderella's Castle. Maybe a makeover in BBB if it's open now. Definitely dress her up and give her a birthday sash/hat and the CMs will wish her Happy Birthday.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Discovery Cove do some great birthday packages... can't remember the prices but it includes a dolphin bringing a buoy to the recipient.

Personally I wouldn't do a theme park as in reality it will be like any other day...DC is different though and they will make it special for her.

The other alternative is a character meal, assuming they are doing them at a hotel where they really will make a fuss of her, a few hours at a water park and then early evening meal. Sugar Factory on IDrive is good, so too Town Tavern in Celebration
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Discovery Cove birthday package. Also, if not taking gifts, what about a Disney gift card?😀

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Guest services at Disney will give her a free badge. The cast members and even parade characters will wish her a happy birthday when they see it. She can milk it by wearing it for the whole holiday
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingtinger
I want to go now!

Thanks for the suggestions so far, they all sound great.

I've already booked our DC day for a weekend to try and miss some of the crowds at the parks but I'll definitely look into the birthday packages!
Kingtinger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
A&S&O
Apprentice Imagineer

Ask her what she wants to do and where she would like to eat. Our son often has his birthday out there. He always chooses a water park in the morning, chinese for lunch then MK in the afternoon - he's easy to please.

Do they still do pirate cruises - is that something she might be interested in?
1997 DLP x2, 1998 DLP x2, 1999 DLP, 2000 DLP, 2002 DLP, 2003 DLR, 2004 WDW + DLP, 2005 DLP + DLR, 2006 WDW, 2007 DLP x2, 2008 WDW + DLP x3, 2009 DLP x7, 2010 WDW, 2011 DLR, 2012 WDW + DLP, 2013 WDW + DLP, 2014 WDW + DLP x3, 2015 DLR + DLP x2, 2016 WDW + DLP x2, 2017 WDWx2 + DLP, 2018 WDW + DLP x2, 2019 WDWx2, 2022 WDWx2, 2023 DLP x2. 2024 DLP x2, WDW. 2025 planning WDW.
A&S&O is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Our son is having his birthday out there when we go in May, we are going to his favourite park (HS) we plan on booking a Droid Experience and lightsaber and then go to Cheesecake factory for dinner. He loves it there.

The Discovery cove birthday package sounds lovely for your daughter or the castle/makeover. I guess it depends what she's into 😊
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 22, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pascaltimon
Excited about Disney

It will be my daughters 8th birthday when we go in May already asked her what she wants to do (as original booked trips would have been her 6th then 7th birthday)

She wants to wear a princess dress to magic kingdom and see them all, will probably book lunch in the castle if the princesses are back!
Pascaltimon is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List