Notices

Old 11 Aug 21, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Thank you for writing this, we are looking at options for Sept if our USA trip gets cancelled (highly likely), and Jamaica is definitely on the list now 😁
Lizzim is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Welcome home! Thank you again for such an entertaining read
Old 11 Aug 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by DisneyMemories View Post
Oh I wouldn’t add them up - alcohol and calories don’t count on holidays.
You're pretty right, much better to leave that to the imagination.

Originally Posted by Cutiepie View Post
Abby, it was so lovely to read your report everyday I really enjoyed reading along. Great to see that you arrived home safely. Hope the jet lag isn’t too bad!

Kelly x
We sure did enjoy it and I had fun sharing it with all.you.

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
Thank you for writing this, we are looking at options for Sept if our USA trip gets cancelled (highly likely), and Jamaica is definitely on the list now 😁
It's such a shame. I hope you get to enjoy a holiday somewhere fun in Sept. I'm not convinced the borders will open in time for our next opportunity to get to the USA which is October but wherever you end up I hope you have a great time.

Originally Posted by KarenG View Post
Welcome home! Thank you again for such an entertaining read
We really enjoyed the beach life holiday and maybe we will head back to the Caribbean again.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 21, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger48
VIP Dibber

Goldia thank you for sharing your beach escape holiday with us all - it’s done me the power of good 👍.
tigger48 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Good to hear you are home safely Abby, shame about the delay but I guess all the extra paperwork will impact boarding times.

I’m always amazed at how quickly I can pack to come home compared to going 😂

I hate plane breakfasts, it’s never good especially on the return leg I find.

Good luck with your washing, always the part I hate but worth it for such a lovely holiday. I look forward to reading your October trip report, wherever you may end up 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Great trip report Abby. So nice to see you away having a lovely time somewhere different.

Do you have a destination in mind for October? We still have Orlando booked but are looking at London as a back up plan

Assuming you’ve got a couple of weeks to get over your relaxing holiday before going back to school. We are back on Monday, it’s been a quick 7 weeks.
Old 12 Aug 21, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Thank you for sharing your lovely holiday with us and I’m glad you had such a good time
Old 12 Aug 21, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Goldia thank you for sharing your beach escape holiday with us all - it’s done me the power of good 👍.
It did me the power of good too thank you for reading and I'm glad you enjoyed it

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Good to hear you are home safely Abby, shame about the delay but I guess all the extra paperwork will impact boarding times.

I’m always amazed at how quickly I can pack to come home compared to going 😂

I hate plane breakfasts, it’s never good especially on the return leg I find.

Good luck with your washing, always the part I hate but worth it for such a lovely holiday. I look forward to reading your October trip report, wherever you may end up 😀
Generally we were quite impressed with the TUI flights, in fact the whole package. We've not done a package holiday for years as I've preferred the DIY route, but it was nice to know there was just one company to deal with if the worst happened.

I'm 4 loads of washing in and likely will clear it all by tomorrow evening. At least it's lovely and dry here in Kent so it's all out on the line and drying quickly.

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Great trip report Abby. So nice to see you away having a lovely time somewhere different.

Do you have a destination in mind for October? We still have Orlando booked but are looking at London as a back up plan

Assuming you’ve got a couple of weeks to get over your relaxing holiday before going back to school. We are back on Monday, it’s been a quick 7 weeks.
I'm kind of tempted to do another transatlantic trip in October. I'm doubtful USA will be open. Maybe Canada and I can try to recreate our cancelled Toronto and Niagara trip. I had a little look last night at the entry requirements for Canada we'll see...

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Thank you for sharing your lovely holiday with us and I’m glad you had such a good time
Thank you, we really did have a blast and I'm glad you enjoyed reading it.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Abby, I have loved every morsel of this trip report. I don't know who is more sad you are home, me or you Thank you so much for sharing. And, inspiring me to go to Jamaica

I did worry about the sniffer dogs I don't drink or smoke yet I'd look more guilty than Pablo and ElChapo put together if one came near me
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 21, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by happytraveller View Post
Abby, I have loved every morsel of this trip report. I don't know who is more sad you are home, me or you Thank you so much for sharing. And, inspiring me to go to Jamaica

I did worry about the sniffer dogs I don't drink or smoke yet I'd look more guilty than Pablo and ElChapo put together if one came near me
I'm so glad you enjoyed reading it and I hope you have a fantastic time on your holiday. I'm sure you'll be fine with the sniffer dogs ☺

Jet lag kicked in last night as I wasn't able to get to sleep until 4am. Oh well, the trip was worth it.