Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Jan 22, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Heathrow parking - departing and arriving at different terminals

Just checking our flight details for August and had completely overlooked that we fly out of T5 and into T3 at Heathrow. I've already booked meet & greet parking at T5.

How easy is it to transfer between the two terminals and would we be better doing this on the way out or changing the parking to T3 and doing the journey across the terminals on the way back? We will have 2 kids and four cases/bags of some kind!

I've seen mention of a London Underground service you can use or is there another, simpler option? Or is this easy in itself?

Not sure if I could simply change the pick up point to T3 with the parking company, I will ask.

I've never flown from Heathrow as you can probably tell!
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Hi we’ve done it before & are doing it again hopefully in April
We park at Long Stay Terminal 3
Get bus to terminal
Then catch the inter terminal train to terminal 5, it’s very easy & free
The return flight lands at Terminal 3
So we are all ok for our car park
I was a bit worried doing it for the first time, but looked on here for advice it all seemed straight forward
The only thing we had a problem with was finding how to get to the station, we asked in the end, it’s not well signposted, it’s a small box type building outside terminal 3 🤷
To add I’d definitely change your Meet & Greet

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
alim66
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by arial View Post
Just checking our flight details for August and had completely overlooked that we fly out of T5 and into T3 at Heathrow. I've already booked meet & greet parking at T5.

How easy is it to transfer between the two terminals and would we be better doing this on the way out or changing the parking to T3 and doing the journey across the terminals on the way back? We will have 2 kids and four cases/bags of some kind!

I've seen mention of a London Underground service you can use or is there another, simpler option? Or is this easy in itself?

Not sure if I could simply change the pick up point to T3 with the parking company, I will ask.

I've never flown from Heathrow as you can probably tell!
if it is the official Heathrow Meet and Greet, I done this a couple of weeks ago, flew out of T5 and into T3, as long as you tell them, they will bring your car back to short stay T3. It was very easy, and not having to wait for buses to take you to the car park was a big plus.
alim66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Thanks both for the replies. We've booked with Maple Manor so I'll see if they can return it to T3 but if not, as you say ClaireNJ I will look to move the whole booking to T3 instead of T5.

Is the train you catch the London Underground one or a different one? The underground one said you had to use an oyster card/contactless payment method, although you wouldn't actually be charged?

Thanks very much!
Old 12 Jan 22, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fastboysam
Trainee Dibber

Just get Maple Manor to drop your car back to T3. I've done that before with other valet services no problem at all. They tend to re-confirm flight details when you drop the car too but call them in advance and ask them to amend the booking!
Old 12 Jan 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by fastboysam View Post
Just get Maple Manor to drop your car back to T3. I've done that before with other valet services no problem at all. They tend to re-confirm flight details when you drop the car too but call them in advance and ask them to amend the booking!
Thank you, I'll certainly ask the question as that would by far be the easiest option!
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Shouldn't be an issue to drop and pick up at different terminals with meet and greet. I've done it before with other companies 👍
Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 22, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arial View Post
Thanks both for the replies. We've booked with Maple Manor so I'll see if they can return it to T3 but if not, as you say ClaireNJ I will look to move the whole booking to T3 instead of T5.

Is the train you catch the London Underground one or a different one? The underground one said you had to use an oyster card/contactless payment method, although you wouldn't actually be charged?

Thanks very much!
You just get a free ticket to use on the terminal train, I can’t remember if we just tapped our debit card 🤷

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1266923

ClaireNJ is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 22, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
feelingnuts
slightly serious Dibber

I've booked meet and greet parking today on the heathrow site and it ask you for your departure and arrival terminal and flight number so I've been able to put terminal 5 for departure and terminal 3 for arrival.
feelingnuts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 22, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
arial
Getting Excited

Hi all,

Just to update, I spoke to maple and they changed the pick up point to terminal 3 with no issue.