Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Jul 18, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Poorly mum - so worried.

I don't really know why I'm posting this, just to get it out I guess.

My poor mum hasn't been well for weeks, she's been very out of breath, her GP has treated her 3 times for a chest infection but I've never been convinced that it was, fearing an underlying reason.

On Thursday I finally managed to convince her to call again (they know she only calls when it's absolutely necessary so are very receptive to her calls!) and they finally did bloods, hours later she was told to go to the hospital and has been admitted as her renal function is way off.

They're really worried about her, she has a scan today to confirm / disprove a blockage and have warned us to start thinking about dialysis, I know she won't go through that, and I wouldn't want to put her through it.

We lost my dear dad in January, it's the first time mum's been on her own in over 50 years and she's given up, she's already talking to me about what to do if she doesn't come back out.

I'm just not ready to go through this again.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hope she is all right, and keep strong yourself.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_chick13
Very Serious Dibber

disney_chick13's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I know there’s nothing I can say to make it better... but you can get through this I promise you can... be strong for your mum. Sending virtual hugs your way x
disney_chick13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Such a worrying time. I hope she gets treated without the need for dialysis.
Post on here as much as you want to get it off your chest.
Old 14 Jul 18, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I hope it’s something they manage to deal with without the need for dialysis and I’m sending positive thoughts your way xx
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
DISNEYLIZ
Imagineer

Sending you a big hug. Hope everything is ok with your mum
DISNEYLIZ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
inky1
Imagineer

I’m so sorry to hear this you must be beside yourself.
Please don’t panic about dialysis - the thought of it is much worse than the reality of it .
I’ve done both peritoneal and haemodialysis yes it’s restrictive and you already feel ill but it’s not painful (the machine looked hideous to me )if your mum had to do this she should feel much better in a while .
Please don’t be put off it’s a life saver , many people live for years on dialysis .
Good luck I really hope it all works out .
inky1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
HirosBaymax
slightly serious Dibber

I understand it must be so hard, try your best to keep strong.
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Sending you a hug. Stay strong x
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mallky555
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry to hear this x
I work in a dialysis unit one lady is 94 yrs old comes 3 times a week and has been on dialysis for 13 years 😀 whilst it’s not ideal and can be traumatic when you first start out it really is life saving. I work in a nurse lead satellite unit and each patient has a set clinic time they see the same other patients every session and become great friends x
I really hope she’s feeling better soon xx
Mallky555 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List