Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Jul 18, 03:57 AM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Mobile Glass Help Villa Haines City

Hi, my son sat on the glass table in our villa tonight while tying his laces, and the glass shattered I was hoping to just go out and order a new part, going by the way the glass broke it’s just standard and not laminated so thinking I can contact a local glazier to purchase has anybody any contacts I’m a joiner to trade so no the repairs would be easy it just lifts out and in so basically just need a bit of glass cut, the size is quite small so I could fit in a car any help appreciate if not no doubt I will loss my $300 deposit.

Edited at 04:20 AM.
FAMILY JACK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 06:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Lowes at the bottom of Bates Road may cut glass to size and polish the edges I can look for the phone number of the guy who did all our furniture glass for you if they don't
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
There is a glass company based in Haines City run by Brits Tony and Sue Horsfield who we have used on many occasions to make glass tops to protect bedroom furniture.

I think the business is Mon-Fri only, but get in touch with them Monday morning and I'm sure they will get you sorted within a couple of days maximum.

Acorn Glass Inc
924 Roberts Road, Unit 60
Haines City
FL33844
Tel 863 258 8290 / 863 557 8924
horsfieldsam@aol.com

Debra

Edited at 06:59 AM.
Tetrarch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 06:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Debra that's who did ours just dug out the details as well they were really quick as well
Helen
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much everyone.
Old 14 Jul 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

I suggest you contact the villa owner to ensure they are OK with what you are doing. You dont want to pay for a repair they are not happy with and then lose your deposit.
tspill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

i wanted to have my facts right, before emaing the owner so I was aware of the cost of repair, which i found out is $60 dollars, I have emailed all the details over to the management company so they are also aware including the sizes and a picture of the table also, so they can see its all cleaned up, they have since emailed me back thanking me for the information and the sizes.

Ian just for info, at no point above did I state I would carry out a repair without the villa owners permission, so i am unsure how you arrived at that conclusion.

I’ve been staying in villas on a yearly basis since 1996 and always treat them and the owners with respect, maybe it’s my line of work in construction that’s taught me always to report a problem but at the same time put forward a solution.

Edited at 07:25 PM.
FAMILY JACK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
On the glass, if was the owner I'd want to take the opportunity to replace with toughened (tempered in the US) glass.

Edited at 10:01 AM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bobbins View Post
On the glass, if was the owner I'd want to take the opportunity to replace with toughened (tempered in the US) glass.
Yes, that was my first thought, it could have been a nasty accident.

Edited at 10:01 AM.
greekgranny is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
FAMILY JACK
Excited about Disney

Yes has to be tempered glass bizzarly enough I work with glazing and window company’s on a daily basis, why are they thousands of miles away when I really need them haha.

The management company were also round earlier cleaning pool, he said not to worry at all this is nothing compared to what goes on in the world of villa management