Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 13 Jul 18, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Cape Coral

Next year we are aiming to do a bit of a road trip. After some time in Orlando the plan is to drive to the Gulf Coast and then down to the Keys.

We have around 11-12 nights to play with. My rough plan is to drive from Orlando to Clearwater and stay one night there so that we can go to Busch the next day. After Busch I was thinking of getting a Villa in Cape Coral for 5 nights.

I’d like to visit the Big Cat Rescue in Tampa, go to a baseball game at Fort Myers, visit Anna Maria and Naples. Is this all doable from Cape Coral?

Thanks
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Cape Coral is very nice. If you want details of a fantastic villa there on the water, pm me.
Naples is nicer, I'd stop in Naples.
Old 13 Jul 18, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We are off there next Thursday, I will let you know what its like. Its not that near to Anna Maria Island I dont think, we stayed in Bradenton two years ago which was twenty minutes from Anna Maria island.
Old 14 Jul 18, 06:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Hank
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Yes it is Doable, to save you some travelling, do the big cat rescue when you do Clearwater.

Anna Maria is a good 2hours 30 mins from Cape Coral which would be your longest drive, Fort Myers is next to Cape Coral and Naples would be 1 hour away.

There are many nice places on the Gulf Coast, Venice and Punta Gorda to mention 2.

Hank
Hank is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Dizzy
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for your replies. It’s difficult trying to organise when you’ve no real idea how long it will take driving from one place to another. We could stop at different places as we drive down but I don’t really like living out of a suitcase.

Thank you Hank - I think we will need to do two nights at Clearwater to do Busch and Big Cat Rescue. Then drive down to Cape Coral.

Sandra & Co - please do let me know how you get on and any tips you can give me will be much appreciated.

Yorkshire T - I’ve only heard great things about Naples but wonder if that will be too far away to use as a base to visit the other places we want to go. I definitely want to visit there though. I will pm you thank you.
2013 - OKW - 20th Anniversary
2019 - 4 week Big Birthday Bonanza
Disney Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List