Go Back   theDIBB > Disney Vacation Club > General DVC Discussion
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.
Eat and Play Card
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 17 Jul 18, 06:15 AM  
Link to this Post
#21
YorkshireT
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber

 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Thanks Teach, surprising on how crowded and how long waits it was. Id seen Tim Tracker at the last Epcot one and looked quiet. I wonder if they are not fully staffing rides and cutting capacity. A queue out of the building on Figment is longer than one would expect on a normal day!
Were the restaurants coping with the new arrangement?
__________________
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney cruise, Universal and Busch Gardens
Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 18, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
#22
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

 
Mr Tom Morrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14
Location: The Tiki Room.

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Teach. Nice review thank you. The food sounds fine as it's free. Like YT above I was surprised at the lines for the rides.

I wonder how many members et al they get at these events? Be interesting to know that as I am quite sad and like detail!

Can you take a clicker next time and count them for me please.
__________________

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

'Morrow and Morrow. For the people dot com'

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back To SSR. 4th Trip Of 2018
Reply With Quote
Mr Tom Morrow is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Listener
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
#23
gavvy
Imagineer
 
gavvy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 05
Location: South East Wales
I can see why they went to a voucher for food.

In Dec at the Epcot moonlit magic I saw more than one person with 10 maybe 15 hotdogs some were packing them away in bags etc, and the waste as well looked really bad, every hotdog came with ketchup mustard and relish sachets, and a pre packed cookie most of these were just left on the tables, I bet they all went in the bin. There was a lot of waste and people taking advantage.

The Epcot fireworks mind were amazing that night, well worth going just for them, the rides- forget about it, there is just not enough rides to handle any sort of crowds, test track was 90 min when we went there so we did Mission space with no wait then met Buzz outside MS.
__________________
Disney CM in 2001-2002 - Happy Days
gavvy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
#24
nadya
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Aug 06

nadya's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Thanks for the review,sounds hectic!.
The dvc events we have been to were into September and pretty quiet,maybe busy as it's school holidays in us?
__________________
all star movies 2007,eagle point 2008,emerald island 2009.Bellavida 2010.OKW 2012.sunset lakes/winwood bay 2013.
2014 OKW/Art of Animation 2015 sunset lakes/encantada
2016 OKW
DVC MEMBER

Edited at 09:07 AM.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cabana bay and csr
Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
#25
Andi
VIP Dibber

 
Andi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07
Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post
A wee review -

Food - we ate at electric umbrella. You could have any main you wanted from the menu and your side was either fries or a fruit cup. Then either bottled water, soda or a slushie.

Rides - I personally thought the queues were longer than I expected. Test track single rider at 10.15pm - I waited 30 minutes!
Walked to frozen and decided not to ride - queue was outside the attraction and posted wait time was 40 minutes.
Figment also had a queue right out the building!
Nemo however was a walk on and I waited 20 minutes for my picture with Sebastian from Little Mermaid.

Merchandise - waited about 10 minutes to buy a tshirt.

Free mickey ice cream bars in two locations.

Fireworks at 11.45pm which is when we left - in the hope the bus would be empty - it wasnt - standing room only!

Overall , although I enjoyed my evening, I dont think I would rush to go back to a DVC event - much more crowded than I expected.
Many thanks for the quick review.

I had been really looking forward to the one on 15th August, not so sure now.
__________________


DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive - 2002, All Star Movies - 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld - 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ - 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort - 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, Animal Kingdom Lodge, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL - 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV - August 2018
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Month in Australia!
Reply With Quote
Andi is a DIBBcast Disney Podcast Fan
Old 17 Jul 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
#26
Teach0778
Imagineer
 
Teach0778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 08
Location: Ayrshire

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Thanks Teach, surprising on how crowded and how long waits it was. Id seen Tim Tracker at the last Epcot one and looked quiet. I wonder if they are not fully staffing rides and cutting capacity. A queue out of the building on Figment is longer than one would expect on a normal day!

Were the restaurants coping with the new arrangement?


The queues surprised me - watched all of Tims videos and expected little or no wait.

Restaurants were busy! Stood in line for a while - each voucher had to be put through separately so this took longer. In fact they go my order wrong so I ended up with two meals as they couldnt take the original back! (Couldnt eat it - cant eat cheese so unfortunately it went in the bin)

Got chatting to a couple from Texas while in Test Track queue and they were regular DVC party goers and they said the queues were not what they were used to.

As for figment - Ive never seen the queue out the door on a normal park day! Figment was the mascot of the party - he was on the tshirts they were selling. ($25 - which included your discount already!)

As I say - I enjoyed my night but wont be rushing to go to another.

For anyone going in Sugust definitely checkin at your resort - that way you can avoid the queues and walk right into the park when you get there.

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
21 nights Copper Creek
Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
#27
Gelatoni
Serious Dibber
 
Gelatoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post


The queues surprised me - watched all of Tims videos and expected little or no wait.

Restaurants were busy! Stood in line for a while - each voucher had to be put through separately so this took longer. In fact they go my order wrong so I ended up with two meals as they couldnt take the original back! (Couldnt eat it - cant eat cheese so unfortunately it went in the bin)

Got chatting to a couple from Texas while in Test Track queue and they were regular DVC party goers and they said the queues were not what they were used to.

As for figment - Ive never seen the queue out the door on a normal park day! Figment was the mascot of the party - he was on the tshirts they were selling. ($25 - which included your discount already!)

As I say - I enjoyed my night but wont be rushing to go to another.

For anyone going in Sugust definitely checkin at your resort - that way you can avoid the queues and walk right into the park when you get there.
We were thinking of checking in inside the park (not at front entrance). Do you know what the queues were like inside? It says you can register at Innoventions at 6pm I think.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland California
Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
#28
Teach0778
Imagineer
 
Teach0778's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 08
Location: Ayrshire

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
We were thinking of checking in inside the park (not at front entrance). Do you know what the queues were like inside? It says you can register at Innoventions at 6pm I think.
Sorry not sure but did see plenty of signs pointing to checkin within the park!
__________________
Teach0778 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
21 nights Copper Creek
Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#29
YorkshireT
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber

 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Mobile

Originally Posted by Teach0778 View Post


The queues surprised me - watched all of Tims videos and expected little or no wait.

Restaurants were busy! Stood in line for a while - each voucher had to be put through separately so this took longer. In fact they go my order wrong so I ended up with two meals as they couldnt take the original back! (Couldnt eat it - cant eat cheese so unfortunately it went in the bin)

Got chatting to a couple from Texas while in Test Track queue and they were regular DVC party goers and they said the queues were not what they were used to.

As for figment - Ive never seen the queue out the door on a normal park day! Figment was the mascot of the party - he was on the tshirts they were selling. ($25 - which included your discount already!)

As I say - I enjoyed my night but wont be rushing to go to another.

For anyone going in Sugust definitely checkin at your resort - that way you can avoid the queues and walk right into the park when you get there.
Odd about the queues. These events are always near sold out, so they can only have increased ticket numbers or cut capacity.
I'd guess latter. I suspect they pay peppercorn for the actual park hire (DVC is after all a money making machine for the Disney company) and staffing is the cost that will fall to them.
Just a cynical guess of course.
I really like the quick serve options though. That's a generous move by them. I've no interest in eating hot dogs or nuggets, but Yorkshire Fish and chips is another matter, as is the stuff at Sunshine Seasons. So credit where it's due there.
__________________
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney cruise, Universal and Busch Gardens
Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
#30
Gelatoni
Serious Dibber
 
Gelatoni's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 17
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Odd about the queues. These events are always near sold out, so they can only have increased ticket numbers or cut capacity.
I'd guess latter. I suspect they pay peppercorn for the actual park hire (DVC is after all a money making machine for the Disney company) and staffing is the cost that will fall to them.
Just a cynical guess of course.
I really like the quick serve options though. That's a generous move by them. I've no interest in eating hot dogs or nuggets, but Yorkshire Fish and chips is another matter, as is the stuff at Sunshine Seasons. So credit where it's due there.
I think i'll opt for the Liberty Inn as they do an amazing veggie burger there! That alone will make MM worth it for me.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland California
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks
Holiday to Florida with Florida4less

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Orlando Ticket Deals

theDIBB Menu

Orlando Ticket Deals

US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2840
CaxtonFX  $1.2765
Covent Garden FX  $1.2937
FAIRFX  $1.2800
John Lewis  $1.2901
M&S  $1.2583
Post Office  $1.2617
Sainsburys  $1.2837
TESCO  $1.2865
Travelex  $1.2700
Updated: 09:30 22/10/2018

theDIBB Charities
Cancer Research UK
DIBB Members have Donated: £10,090
£


Macmillan Cancer Support
DIBB Members have Donated: £1,045
£

Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1124
CaxtonFX  €1.1189
Covent Garden FX  €1.1179
FAIRFX  €1.1100
John Lewis  €1.1186
M&S  €1.0899
Post Office  €1.0927
Sainsburys  €1.1121
TESCO  €1.1141
Travelex  €1.1100
Updated: 09:30 22/10/2018

Orlando Weather
Florida Time
Mon 22nd Oct 4:31am
Now: 18C/64F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Cloud Cover: 32%
Wind: 6mph - NNE Arrow points to where the wind is coming from.
Pressure: 1019mb
Humidity: 93%
Illuminations Smoke
Updated: 07:35 22/10/2018