Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 16 Oct 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Our last FL holiday was four nights in South Beach and two weeks in Cape Coral. It was a brilliant, relaxing holiday but still fitted loads in. DS was 16 and DD13 and we all had a fantastic time
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

Col, is south beach in Miami ? And Cape Coral a separate area, what did you get up to if you don’t mind me asking
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, South Beach is Miami. It’s where Ocean Drive is, second time we’d stayed there. Saw some amazing cars just driving up and down which DS loved! Visited the Holocaust memorial and botanical gardens, neither take long to walk around. Visited Little Havana, Lincoln Mall and Wynwood Walls (famous in a lot of music videos). Cape Coral is on the SW coast, stayed in a villa and visited some beautiful beaches, Sanibel and Barefoot beach are two that spring to mind. Good malls nearby and typical Florida restaurants/shops and some good local ones as well.
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
golfer66
Serious Dibber

golfer66's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We did it really different this year compared to staying in Orlando and doing the parks . We stayed in south beach for 4 days and then we went to Cancun for 7 days and then came back to Bayside in Miami . It was a great trip . The only downside was when we arrived back from Cancun it took nearly 2 hours from landing to get into our taxi to the hotel . On our first flight from Heathrow to Miami we were through immagration within 20 mins of reaching it and it was the same in Cancun .
golfer66 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

The west is 100 times better for seeing things other than parks or seaside everything is better people, service, scenery, wildlife experiences.

I have enjoyed my last two Florida trips but we are currently in the west Estes Park at the minute and prefer it so much to Florida.

We always used to go West until, DD came along but then Disney seemed the best option but now we are her we realise why we loved it so much.

You will spend a lot more time in the car but you won’t spend as much time as you queuing up for rides. There is traffic but not bad (except in LA and SFO) but it’s not as bad as any U.K. city.

We have flown to denver and will fly back from lax
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 03:53 AM  
Link to this Post
edgar
Getting to know the DIBB

We are still in Florida, did a couple of nights in South Beach and thought it was great for people watching and beach but very expensive. Drove down to Key West for 3 nights as it's always been on my bucket list and thoroughly enjoyed it, you just need to be a bit savvy where you eat and drink, also not great for young ones. In Orlando now and it's mid 90's every day, never known it so hot in October.
edgar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafan101
Very Serious Dibber

floridafan101's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We’ve been going to Florida since 2006 and obviously love it but we’ve always mixed things up on our trips. This year we drove from Boston to Miami which was amazing. Next year I said I don’t want to do as much so we are having a few days in Miami, down to Key west then up to Orlando. I’m looking forward to more pool, shopping, mini golf and general chill time.
I love our big road trips and went to the West Coast in 2015 and I agree the scenery was fantastic in a way that Florida isn’t. The trip this year was great too incorporating NYC, Washington, Smokies and Shenandoah before Florida. The year before we visited New England in the fall - possibly my favourite.
There are some amazing places to visit it really depends on what you want out of it.
If you’ve not been out of Orlando much then there’s certainly lots to see in Miami and the Keys are a stunning drive. I actually like Key West but maybe in the minority on that one 🤔. Plenty of beautiful beaches too particularly on the Gulf coast.

2006 1st trip to Florida 2008 The return 2009 Its Florida again 2010 Florida again! 2011 Yes! Florida 2013 Florida please! 2015 Back to Florida 2016 California! 2017 New York (and beyond) 2018 East Coast Road Trip 2019 Florida one last time ... again!
floridafan101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
letty
Imagineer

We have just returned from our trip ( 2 days ago) Miami- Orlando- Naples.
Stayed 3 nights on Ocean Drive ,South Beach. Drove to Orlando to a villa at West haven for 8 nights inc a night at HRH,then on to Naples for 3 nights at Hyatt House.
We love moving around , these 3 destinations were very different and gave us a fab holiday
Old 22 Oct 18, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
4holibobs
VIP Dibber

If you’re in / around Fort Lauderdale and are looking for a place to stay I can 100% recommend Lago Mar. It’s a beautiful resort, free parking and no resort fees and have a wonderful pool area and is right on the beach.

Happy planning!
4holibobs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List