Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Jul 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Virgin seats have been released but can’t pick my seat HELP!

Hi so I’m 330 days out of my holiday and I’ve gone onto the my booking on virgin holidays today its allowed me to click on select seats. It’s issued me with a seat red code and taken me to another page on Virgin Atlantic. I’ve signed in and when it comes to pick a seat all the seats are not allowing me to select them does anyone have any idea what I’m doing wrong. On the left it has the red writing to choose seat but when I click on it nothing happens nor does anything change when I click on the seats. It’s as if the whole plane is full or not released
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU,
Excited about Disney

This has happened on my return flight page. I have already picked our seats, but only a handful had been picked, now the entire plane looks full. I think it’s a glitch x
LOU, is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiki Jo
I want to go now!

Mobile

This happened to me when I tried to book ours this morning. I phoned customer services and signed up for a live text chat - they booked the seats I wanted straight away.
Think it must be an IT fault.
Tiki Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

This happened to me today too, I had managed to book my outbound seat yesterday but I went on today to book the return and I got the same thing. I'm going to try again tomorrow.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone. I would prefer to do it today as there is 9 going and we have 3 different booking ref so 3 different flight codes which if I try to ring up they may want to speak to each lead person on the bookings when I believe it would be easier to try and do it all myself. I will try to do it tomorrow just need to remember while busy at work.
martyn7836 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
I've had this issue this morning. My ref no appeared by 7.50am and got through to the seat map but couldn't choose the seat. Rang Virgin Atlantic and they totally fobbed me off saying it was Virgin Holidays fault and they need full payment before I can do my seats. It was odd, he put seats in the basket and then went to take payment and then he suddenly said I couldn't do it. He wasn't having any of it when I asked why I could do the outbound flight so why not thus one! Live chat with Virgin Holidays confirmed all was fine there end. Rang VA again and managed to book the seats this time with no issue over the phone. Seats are showing as booked on seat map but it's not allowing any changes. IT issues with VA I think.

Edited at 08:57 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 18, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

I have the same issue this morning, I have spoken to both VH and VA and getting no-where.

both blaming one another grrrr

I do know that there is an issue with their seating plan though, so hopefully when they fix that all will be sorted
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
willwilts
New Poster (3)

Thumbs up

Booked my flights last night and had the same problem...

Called VA this am and the woman was basically useless..

Called this afternoon and did the text option and they booked it all.

Basically they text me and we had a text conversation, they linked both bookings (2 rewards flights for two people) and booked our seats for us.

I think it only offers it if you type in your flying club number if you have it

i called 0344 209 7777
pressed option 3 for existing booking

it then asked if i know my flying club number, when i typed it in it asked if i wanted to do the call by text message, i pressed one, entered my mobile number and it was sorted within 5 mins.

Very impressed!
willwilts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
martyn7836
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks everyone. Spoke with virgin Atlantic just now and reserved all seats for the 3 parties no issues.
Old 6 Jul 18, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I've had this issue for the last 2 days (along with another issue which is now fixed). Had numerous conversations with VH and VA (VS) but still no seats booked!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List