Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Jul 18, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile When to buy tickets for Oct next year ?

My family if 4 are going next October staying off site so have been looking at buying a combo ticket for Disney and universal from attraction tickets, we are thinking of just buying the 14 day combo tickets so we don’t have to worry about the tickets running out if we want to go back to a previous park, first question is my boys aren’t big ride fans so would it be a complete waste of time buying a 14day combo for universal? And second question is when would you suggest I order the tickets is sooner rather then later better or should I wait until next year sometime ?
Thanks any advice welcome 😁
First timer loz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
How old are your boys ? Universal is great but has a lot of bigger rides . Have you thought about a dc with seaworld etc and disney combo instead or just Disney ? Have you been before as you will easily fill 14 days at disney alone. And I would look at deposit sellers as in my experience tickets only ever go one way ( with the exception of 1 time ) and that’s up , especially with Star Wars speculation ,
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Hi thanks for your reply my boys will be 13 and 8 and massive Simpson’s and Harry Potter fans that’s why we wanted to get a visit in at universal but as they won’t be going in the big rides would you suggest just trying to get a 2 day pass to universal ?
First timer loz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by First timer loz View Post
Hi thanks for your reply my boys will be 13 and 8 and massive Simpson’s and Harry Potter fans that’s why we wanted to get a visit in at universal but as they won’t be going in the big rides would you suggest just trying to get a 2 day pass to universal ?
Yes , you would get that done in the 2 days. They might change their minds when they get there . The water rides are amazing but you get very wet .
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 18, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

My family if 4 are going next October staying off site so have been looking at buying a combo ticket for Disney and universal from attraction tickets, we are thinking of just buying the 14 day combo tickets so we don’t have to worry about the tickets running out if we want to go back to a previous park, first question is my boys aren’t big ride fans so would it be a complete waste of time buying a 14day combo for universal? And second question is when would you suggest I order the tickets is sooner rather then later better or should I wait until next year sometime ?
Thanks any advice welcome 😁
Just had a quick look to give you some idea of the prices.

If you want to buy the Combo the cheapest that I can see is the 2019 Disney, Universal Switch Ticket from orlandoattractiontickets.co.uk £607 using the code mse5. Link below

orlandoattractiontickets...-Switch-Ticket

If you would rather buy a Disney 14 Day Ultimate and a Universal 2 day ticket see the prices below.

2019 Disney 14 Day Ultimate £388 from themeparktickets.co.uk

Universal 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket - Plus Extra Day FREE from undercovertourist $270.95, roughly £205.26. You can ride the Hogwarts Express and park hop with this ticket.

Universal 2-Day Base Ticket from undercovertourist $211.95, roughly £160.56. You can't ride the Hogwarts Express or park hop with this ticket.

The 2 days must be used in a 7 day period. I think they are valid for October next year as it says Ticket expires 12 months from order date, but I would double check. Their freephone number is 0800 081 1702

Total for the Disney 14 Day Ultimate ticket and the Universal 2-Day Park-to-Park Ticket - Plus Extra Day FREE £593.26.

Total for the Disney 14 Day Ultimate ticket and the Universal 2-Day Base Ticket £548.56.

Whether it's cheaper to buy now or not I honestly couldn't say, they could go up in price or there could be sales. If it was me I would be tempted to buy now, but the choice is yours.

Welcome to the Dibb
Old 14 Jul 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Thanks for all the reply’s it’s very helpful ! There is so much to think about and I want to enjoy it as much as we can as it’s always been a dream holiday for us ! I hope I don’t get too stressed with all the planning !
Old 14 Jul 18, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Thanks for all the reply’s it’s very helpful ! There is so much to think about and I want to enjoy it as much as we can as it’s always been a dream holiday for us ! I hope I don’t get too stressed with all the planning !
Ask away , everyone will help and no matter what you pick you will have a fabulous time and what you don’t get done you can do when you return again ( because you will )
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 14 Jul 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
what you don’t get done you can do when you return again ( because you will )
Even when you say you won't, like me after last year
Old 14 Jul 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
Even when you say you won't, like me after last year
And me
Sept 24 POFQ
Old 16 Jul 18, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
First timer loz
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Thanks for looking at prices for me ! I think we have decided to just go with the 14 day combo ticket to both universal and Disney, saves us worrying about using tickets with certain days etc, and gives us flexibility over the 2 weeks we are there. I’m so excited now just want to get it all booked so I can enjoy the long countdown ! 😀