Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 7 Aug 18, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Hefalump
a Friend of the DIBB

Esta Website?

Hi All,

Can someone confirm that the following is the right website for ESTA's? I know there are lots of ones that try and pretend they are the official site so I want to make sure we use the right one - thanks

esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

Hefalump is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

It is, but you can also Click the word ESTA in any post - it's a magic link to help info and the right site!
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
nanu
Imagineer

It is also at the top of this page in the yellow banner
1988 New York Penta & Orl. Radisson Maingate 1990 Orl. Marriott I-Drive, Premier Cruise & Cocoa Beach Hilton 1997 Orl. La Suites I-Drive 2002 Orl. Port Orleans Riverside 2006 Las Vegas Luxor 2007 Orl. Port Orleans French Quarter 2010 Orl. Windsor Palms villa 2012 Orl. Rolling Hills villa & RPR Universal 2015 Orl. Indian Creek villa & Naples Bay Resort 2017 Orl. Highlands Reserve villa 2018 Barefoot Beach Resort & Orl. Highgate Park villa
nanu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just to add that nearly every question has a ? symbol next to it. This explains exactly what information is required. Answer simply what they ask for. Nothing more - nothing less. There are no trick questions.

Take your time - it's not a race and double check your answers.

There have been Dibbers refused because they picked "YES" to an obvious "NO" question.

We've had live ESTAs since they were introduced in Jan 2009 and we still sit side by side checking each answer.

Mick
Old 9 Aug 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Hefalump
a Friend of the DIBB

Thanks everyone
Hefalump is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Just to add that nearly every question has a ? symbol next to it. This explains exactly what information is required. Answer simply what they ask for. Nothing more - nothing less. There are no trick questions.

Take your time - it's not a race and double check your answers.

There have been Dibbers refused because they picked "YES" to an obvious "NO" question.

We've had live ESTAs since they were introduced in Jan 2009 and we still sit side by side checking each answer.

Mick
Filling is Esta's is the most stressful thing!

i hate doing them (always have them live for all 3 of us "just in case") and stress so much i'll do them wrong! I would always leave myself plenty of time to do a visa if needed but shouldnt ever have to - unless i have a dreaded fat finger moment"=!
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
Filling is Esta's is the most stressful thing!

i hate doing them (always have them live for all 3 of us "just in case") and stress so much i'll do them wrong! I would always leave myself plenty of time to do a visa if needed but shouldnt ever have to - unless i have a dreaded fat finger moment"=!
You have been bitten by the Dibb ESTA bug. Don’t stress, just take your time and do them with no distractions. Switch off telly, phone and the Dibb! Read the questions carefully and use the help buttons next to each question.
For waves of terror on here regarding filling out ESTAs is like the coming of the next apocolypse.
But it’s not... ignore the hype you will be fine
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
You have been bitten by the Dibb ESTA bug. Don’t stress, just take your time and do them with no distractions. Switch off telly, phone and the Dibb! Read the questions carefully and use the help buttons next to each question.
For waves of terror on here regarding filling out ESTAs is like the coming of the next apocolypse.
But it’s not... ignore the hype you will be fine
the weird thing is that i am the most level headed person in normal life. my job entails great responsibility and i can make huge decisions and very rarely sweat a drop.

however, the esta website sends me into fits every time

i've filled in loads of them - since they started and were free to access in fact - but that doesn't stop me worrying.

i'm fine till 2020 at the moment so i can travel in peace till then - and to be honest i'm considering going for the global thingy (cannot for the life of me remember the name of it right now ) so that would buy me even more time
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by choccielover View Post
the weird thing is that i am the most level headed person in normal life. my job entails great responsibility and i can make huge decisions and very rarely sweat a drop.

however, the esta website sends me into fits every time

i've filled in loads of them - since they started and were free to access in fact - but that doesn't stop me worrying.

i'm fine till 2020 at the moment so i can travel in peace till then - and to be honest i'm considering going for the global thingy (cannot for the life of me remember the name of it right now ) so that would buy me even more time

I think the Global Entry thing lasts for 5 years. We do go twice a year but we're 72 now. Had we only been 52 then maybe