Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We usually go towards the end of April as it is quiet (as it ever gets...) and the weather is usually great- but with Easter being later next year, we are going out 2nd-18th May. Love this time of year out there!
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
LaraT
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 23
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

We were last in Orlando mid May 2017 and we loved it. We didn’t do Disney but did Universal, Seaworld and DC and all were fairly quiet, great weather also. That was 15th for a week, we go 2019 14th-29th at Disney and hope for decent weather and crowds again,although we know memorial weekend will get busy we plan to get everything we want to do ticked off by then and be able to chill by that point in the holiday
LaraT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
68nic
Imagineer

Originally Posted by shelly View Post
That's only one of them!

Its the Cheerleading and Dance Worlds 27th - 29th April, The Summit Championship, The Summit Championship 2nd - 5th May, and D@ Summit Championship 10th - 12th May. One of them has over 12,500 contestants! Its mainly the hotels they stay in that has issues, but we have seen big groups in the parks and Disney Springs.
Oh Nooo I googled orlando Cheerleading Comps 2019 and it only came up with my dates . Glad I'm staying off site
Old 10 Oct 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarah2014 View Post
We are flying from Gatwick with Thomas cook. Staying in Rosen Inn at pointe Orlando. Wouldn’t stay anywhere else 😁
We too are flying TC Gatwick. Staying Port Orleans.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindsk
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by 68nic View Post
Oh Nooo I googled orlando Cheerleading Comps 2019 and it only came up with my dates . Glad I'm staying off site
oooh rubbish, we are there those dates... I didn't think to look as we usually miss them when we go in April But same as you, we are offsite

Edited at 10:39 AM.
Lindsk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I go every May, to be honest, I don't find the cheerleading comps that bad. We are going on the 11th next year, I tend to avoid the crazy parks on weekends anyway.
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
I go every May, to be honest, I don't find the cheerleading comps that bad. We are going on the 11th next year, I tend to avoid the crazy parks on weekends anyway.
Can I ask you what if any impact they have?
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by claireyfairy8 View Post
I may jinx myself now but they’ve never been a problem on any of our late April/early May visits. I’ve seen a few groups around but no issues with them.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

The cheer groups is partly why we booked a moderate, I heard they can totally take over whichever value they are staying at! Even if they are perfectly behaved, a group that large has an impact. You don't want to arrive for breakfast when they do lol.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by BirdsluvDisney View Post
2016 we was there, 25th Apr to May 9th May had fab weather but felt the parks were busier than usual.
We was there from 21st April to May 5th this year and the weather was fab, Once again we found the parks quite busy, I dont really think there is a quiet time so much anymore.
We are booked again next year for 26th April so it looks like it is becoming my fav time of year.
The crowds are manageable using fast passes, This year we rode FOP 4 time and the Navi river twice.
IMO it is a great time of year to go
We go the same day as you, though about 2 hrs later - from Manchester. Just got the one night POFQ then offsite.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List