Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
alibeau
VIP Dibber

Definitely do able.

We stay in a villa and have breakfast there and then just one meal out later in the day. Given the portion sizes this is plenty of food for us. Our kids are now 12 & 14, they still had the odd kids meal here and there...

Sign up for all the restaurant emails. As an example Chillis have an offer at the moment - 2 courses and a soft drink for $10 per person. We thoroughly enjoyed the food there back in August and ended up eating there 4 times as it was such good value.

Check out restaurants where the kids eat free on certain nights. Also offer like Mannys chophouse where fajitas were buy on get one free on a weds... etc etc etc

Good luck!

Ali x
alibeau is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura1988
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by M3ben05 View Post
It’s 100% doable and you’ll have a great time I promise.

I’m here at the moment on a cheap bonus trip with my son and we’ve only spent just over £100 in 4 days!
wow!

You have done really well!

This is a bonus trip for my birthday and taking my goddaughter for the first time so wanted it to be a great one, we had over $3000 to spend but had to buy a new car so my hubby can work

x
Laura1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Laura1988 View Post
We are staying in the enclave suites (stayed a few times before)

We went to LA in April and went to chill's we had the dine for 2 meal, does anyone know if they have the same in Orlando?

x
OK so you have a kitchen ... so a cereal and toast breakfast is do able some mornings (pop a pack or two of favourite cereal into your case) that instantly frees up a decent sum compared with breakfast out every day.

Our holiday budget is on hold until we know if our car passes its MOT next week or not so I feel your pain !

Edited at 12:03 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura1988
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
OK so you have a kitchen ... so a cereal and toast breakfast is do able some mornings (pop a pack or two of favourite cereal into your case) that instantly frees up a decent sum compared with breakfast out every day.
We have buffet breakfast included in the hotel

x
Laura1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Shaz83
Earning More Ears

We always go to publix and take a sub to the water parks. They are huge so you could easily share a big one between two people. Also a pizza night is really affordable when going out for dinner. We love NYPD pizza, it one of our favourite places to go and is really reasonable. I also agree with taking snacks and water to to the parks. It saves a fortune and also means you can get the kids to have some fruit. We also buy bottles of water at the supermarket and freeze them to take. Also I just wanted to check if you have factored the parking charges into your parking? Try not to panic too much as loads of people mananage to eat on a budget. If you take it easy a couple of days I am sure you will have enough for some treats on other days. And I doubt your kids will even notice as they will be so happy to be there. Have a lovely time.
Shaz83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

wow!

You have done really well!

This is a bonus trip for my birthday and taking my goddaughter for the first time so wanted it to be a great one, we had over $3000 to spend but had to buy a new car so my hubby can work

x
There’s so many dining options over here it’s easy to do it cheap. Have a read through my 1k trip thread but a couple of examples - cici’s pizza for 2 last night cost $9.11 and a trip to sweet tomatoes (really nice healthy buffet) cost around the same the night before.

You’ll have a great time regardless of how much you spend
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

We have buffet breakfast included in the hotel

x
Oh yes ... how do the kids feel about cereal for tea Seriously though it's the snacks and bits that bust the budget so niceto have the kitchen, obviously pack tea and coffee. Stock up at dollar tree for snacks.
What I've done when the budget was tight was divide the food budget into physical or imaginary envelopes one for each day , anything not spent on that day was allowed to be rolled forward to the next day's budget but I couldn't "borrow" from future days . It really helped keep me on track but meant there were also days we could spend a bit more.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura1988
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Shaz83 View Post
We always go to publix and take a sub to the water parks. They are huge so you could easily share a big one between two people. Also a pizza night is really affordable when going out for dinner. We love NYPD pizza, it one of our favourite places to go and is really reasonable. I also agree with taking snacks and water to to the parks. It saves a fortune and also means you can get the kids to have some fruit. We also buy bottles of water at the supermarket and freeze them to take. Also I just wanted to check if you have factored the parking charges into your parking? Try not to panic too much as loads of people mananage to eat on a budget. If you take it easy a couple of days I am sure you will have enough for some treats on other days. And I doubt your kids will even notice as they will be so happy to be there. Have a lovely time.
Thank you

We are using the transfer to the parks and/or my parents who are not doing parks will drop off and pick up

Thank you

x
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Take cereal bars and pringles etc from home as far cheaper here than there. We also took dilute pop from home ( just cellotaped the top up well ) . Also sweets for the kids as i find them expensive in Florida.
Wendy’s does for items for $4 , a drink, a burger , fries and 4 chicken nuggets . Also look on menu as generally have a special ( Denny’s does this ).
Also to save paying tips then use the fast food restaurants.
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Water from Walmart, take with you some Robinsons Juice'd squirties, theyre 2 for £3 from farm foods i believe. Theyre 2 for £4 from Tesco.

Refill at water fountains and quick service places and you have drinks for the holiday for no extra cost.

Its very easily do-able. Id suggest spending £12 over here on a kids eat free card, or making the most of the coupons over there. Cici's, dennys (with a voucher after sign up via email), chilli's, applebee all along international drive (i think thats where youre staying isnt it?) all value places. Millers ale house do a steak night where you can get steak and fries for $13.

You dont drink so thats a huge saving, alcohol is way over priced over there.

$1 candy from walmart is great to have about for the kids when going to a park saves them asking and they think its a treat.