Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 18, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Just booked what is - i think - a cheap package through Tui

Just booked first time Orlando trip!

Posting mainly to introduce myself but also to alert people to consider Tui as it may work out unexpectedly cheaper than other package companies.

Tui came in several hundred pounds cheaper than Virgin and Thomas Cook. I wanted to book asap and needed to book a package to get flights included as I'm still 12 months away from departure (so can't yet book flights separately; the few that are available are ++ expensive!)

First 2 weeks in October 2019, leaving on a Sunday.

One adult, one child (who is classed as an adult by Disney but not for flights).

Direct flights and shared shuttle transfers to/from Manchester-Sanford to/from Disney hotel.

Flight seat selection.

20kg hold luggage x2.

All star Sports for 14 nights.

Free breakfasts.

14 day Ultimate WDW tickets.

14 day Universal tickets.

£4070

Not seen an onsite Disney stay any cheaper with direct flights.

I know many people have gotten their holidays much cheaper. However, direct flights and on site accommodation were very important to me. Also, I'd much prefer to have everything booked under the one company. Even if I did book everything separately, I believe it would have been more expensive with the flights.

Separate direct Tui flights for these same dates for the two of us (adding on luggage and seat selection) were coming up to £1500!

I suppose now I can start getting excited?

Also, I have done my research about the troubles many people have had with Tui in regards to getting a ticket code for FastPasses. I am well prepared to start fighting with them about giving me this code. Even so, well worth the bit of extra stress to get the holiday so much cheaper than other package firms!

Will likely be posting a lot on this forum over the next year. Away for another browse now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Welcome to the Dibb!

You won't need to worry about getting Disney ticket codes to book fastpasses. As you've booked on onsite package with Disney, your tickets will automatically link once you link your resort reservation to My Disney Experience. Fastpass booking then opens up automatically at 12pm once you hit 60 days before check in.

The main thing to double check when booking with TUI is that the correct tickets have been selected to make you eligible for the free breakfast offer. TUI have 2 options - 14 day ultimates and 14 day ultimates with free breakfast/dining, both of which are the same price. There was an awful report of a dibber turning up earlier this year expecting to have free dining, only to discover that they didn't as the TUI agent had selected the wrong tickets. So, double check your booking to ensure that it states you have the free breakfast.

It's also worth noting that the free breakfast is actually a free quick service credit that can be used in any quick service restaurant at the resorts, parks and Disney Springs for any meal, so you get much better value out if it if you use it for lunch or dinner.

Other than that, happy planning!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you very much for the info about quick service. I had assumed it was for breakfast in the hotel only! Would be much better value to use for a quick service lunch a few days instead.

Yes, i actually was reading that thread in question earlier today and made double sure I selected the correct option. Just rechecked my confirmation email and, yes, I have the 14 day for 7 Ultimate ticket + breakfast

I'm actually unsure why they have the 7 day only ticket and the non-breakfast ticket options there when these offers run. I don't know that anybody would select either when they are the same price as a 14 day ticket with breakfast...

Very, very excited now!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

That's great that you're aware of the ticket issue, and you're right, it's madness to offer the standard ones. I mean, who's going to turn down free food?

There are some great quick service food options at Disney. Breakfast and lunch at Be Our Guest are both quick service (pre-bookable from 180 days), and there are some great options at Disney Springs too. Have a look at menus for places like Wolfgang Puck Express (the marketplace for be has a bigger menu), Blaze and The Polite Pig. Depending on the size of your appetites and which meals you order, you could even get away with sharing lunch and dinner by just buying a couple of sides to bulk it out - so that's just 2 qs credits per day for both of you and paying for a few sides. We take the mini variety packs of cereal with us for breakfast and buy milk at the resort shop. Plus you can get free iced water from any quick service location and snack cart that serves contain sodas.

I wrote a qs food report last year that you might find helpful - the link is in blue at the bottom of my signature

loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post
EMB4
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
It's also worth noting that the free breakfast is actually a free quick service credit that can be used in any quick service restaurant at the resorts, parks and Disney Springs for any meal, so you get much better value out if it if you use it for lunch or dinner.

Other than that, happy planning!
Loves2plan I had no idea that the free breakfast was actually a quick service meal that could be used at any time - thank you! We were on the quick service dining plan earlier on this year, but not being big eaters we had so many credits left by the end we almost cleared out the resort gift shop of sweets

Do you know if you would you still get a resort mug with just the breakfast offer?

Sorry to hijack your thread CoolDisneyFan!
EMB4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by EMB4 View Post
Loves2plan I had no idea that the free breakfast was actually a quick service meal that could be used at any time - thank you! We were on the quick service dining plan earlier on this year, but not being big eaters we had so many credits left by the end we almost cleared out the resort gift shop of sweets

Do you know if you would you still get a resort mug with just the breakfast offer?

Sorry to hijack your thread CoolDisneyFan!
No, you don't get the mug included, but there's nothing stopping you buying one. )

Old 22 Oct 18, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

The quick serve hack for breakfast is great advice and often missed. I’d recommend buying breakfast items for the room and drinks, fruit etc via Instacart and have it delivered, and using those quick serve at lunch or on an evening, save well worth a Be Our Guest breakfast booking as it’s ridiculously expensive for breakfast and a good value use of credit.
The mugs are well worth it, particularly if onsite for over a week. You save a lot of money. We find buying the kids one each and me and Mrs YT sharing one is fine.
Loves2plan has given some great advice re quick serve places. Columbia Harbour house ( in particular chicken pot pie) is another to add to the list.

Edited at 10:37 AM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
If the price seems ok to you and you’ve booked then that’s great. You will get plenty of tips on here regarding money saving ideas. We’ve taken cereal and breakfast bars. We also take our own chocolate for the room. The pizza at All stars is worth it cost us around $20 for a family size pizza don’t forget some of the meals will feed 2 so before you order see what other people portions are .
Your biggest cost will be drinks we bought a bottle of water at the start of the holiday and just used to refill it from the free iced water in some of the Quick service restaurants. (2 cups filled 1 bottle). The resort mug is good value you can refill it 5 minutes after you have used it. The food court will so give you a cup for water or iced tea from the machine. Happy holidays and make lots of memories.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List