Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 27 Jan 17, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Might be a silly question (s)

But I'm going to ask it anyway.

I have just purchased three DVC annual passes and have been given a reference number and the CM told me to go on MDE and link the tickets.

That's fine but my visit is August we are not
staying on-site so how will I access the parks and the free parking etc.

Will they send tickets through the post?
What about magic bands? Can I take an old one and guest services load the info or will I have to buy one if not staying on-site.

Sorry for so many questions
Old 27 Jan 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
First off Jacky, what type of pass did you buy? As in did you pay for postage or will call ? If the latter I think you will maybe need to go to a Guest Services first, before trying to park. I'm sure in the US, that AP holders get free MBs, so again I would expect that you need to go to Guest Services as they definitely don't post these to UK. As far as your old ones, if they are still linked to your account then your AP will link automatically but it depends on how old they are as the batteries were only designed to last approx. 3 years.
HTH SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Old magic bands will still work with dead batteries, it's just the long range part that won't.

If you dont have any old magic bamds you can pay for parking and then take your receipt to a ticket window and get a refund at the same time as picking up your AP card.

You will need some forms of ID when at the parking booths with your AP.

Edited at 09:13 PM.
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 12:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Mobile

Thank you both for your replies. I didn't pay for postage it wasn't offered to me but I'll go to guest services when we arrive and sort them.
Old 28 Jan 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

You will need to activate your APs Jacky, once you arrive. You can do this at Disney Springs or the International Gateway entrance at Epcot, no parking payment at these.

Only when you have activated your passes, can you customise your bands and have them sent to you. This takes a few days.
Old 28 Jan 17, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. As per Caron above. If you park for free at Disney Springs not only do they 'activate' your AP for you but they also give you the plastic card to go with each one you have bought. This is what will get you the free parking at the Parks and also the relevant discounts where available e.g. shops and restaurants.
They will want photo ID and your DVC membership card so dont forget that.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List