Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Feb 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Renting DVC points, any problems?

For my 2018 trip I have been looking at using a DVC rental website such as dvcrequest and dvcrental store. It's £1900 for a studio for 17 nights at AKL which seems too good to be true!
What are peoples experiences with renting from these sites? Have you heard any horror stories?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They mostly have a good reputation. Dave's is the one that gets mentioned a lot, plus money is put in an escrow account.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I've used "active" dibbers, meaning those who have been established for a while here and post in other forums rather than just the DVC rental forum, I have also used David's, I feel that David's is the more secure as renting off Dibbers or others is based on trust for both sides. I have had good experiences and saved a lot of money .
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post

It's very much about trust. We have rented out points a couple of times and the renters have always been highly satisfied. Unfortunately we have no points to rent at present.

Dave's rentals has been going for a while and he is highly recommended. You pay a little more but you have total protection.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
It's very much about trust. We have rented out points a couple of times and the renters have always been highly satisfied. Unfortunately we have no points to rent at present.

Dave's rentals has been going for a while and he is highly recommended. You pay a little more but you have total protection.
We are using David's Vacation Rentals for our honeymoon in August. They have been great - even sorted out a stupid mistake I made on the booking form (didn't realise that we were flying home at 00.40am on the Wednesday rather than the Tuesday!).
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

I've rented from dibbers and Davids no problems at all with either way
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I just want to add that the price may look unbelievable, but AKL, OKW and some parts of the Boardwalk are extremely 'cheap' by reference to the number of points you need per night. These all start at 9 or 10 points a night for the basic views. If you want a fancy view then obviously the point count is higher and it will cost more.

I find it quite incongruous, given that AKL is one of the most expensive resorts to book as a package and at the same time it's the cheapest to book in points.
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List