Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 23 Jan 17, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
onlyholly
Imagineer

DVC Lounge Epcot - observations

We have just returned from Florida and are DVC Members. We visited the Epcot Lounge a few times but in all honesty would not miss it if it wasn't there.

We were there during high season when the parks were hammered including New Years Eve. The lounge was never busy, no queue or ever turned away. It feels like a makeshift lounge with very little thought put in to making it comfortable or practical. The chairs are odd shapes, too laid back, too deep or too upright - possibly deliberate so you don't stay long.

The 3 soda machines are good with lots of different flavours to choose from but only one coffee machine (I have a better one at home). You can help yourself to sodas but have to go to the desk for a coffee or hot chocolate pod, which didn't feel right. The snack trolley comes round as and when they decide and you have a choice of about 6 basic snack size items like plain crisps, health bars, cheesy biscuits etc - loved the gummy bears.

I know its free, it's a DVC perk but didn't rush to go unless we had time to waste. If you want a free soda there is always "Cool Station" and plenty of indoor air conditioned areas to relax and charge your phones if you have too.

I'm just disappointed they didn't make it look and feel more comfortable and appealing to enjoy and relax during a long, busy and hot day.

Just our observations, comments from others we spoke to their and our opinion.

Catriona
onlyholly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I posted my view on a similar thread a few weeks ago.
I like it but we dont stay long as we find it eats into our day too much!
The snacks come around every 30 minutes and the reason you now have to ask for the coffee pods is people were stealing handfuls of them when they were in the drawer under the machine.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
onlyholly
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I posted my view on a similar thread a few weeks ago.
I like it but we dont stay long as we find it eats into our day too much!
The snacks come around every 30 minutes and the reason you now have to ask for the coffee pods is people were stealing handfuls of them when they were in the drawer under the machine.
I can understand the coffee pod situation but it's still not ideal. Not sure when you were last there but the trolley didn't come around every 30 minutes during the past four weeks. On a coupe of occasions I asked the people next to us how long they had been in the lounge and if the trolley had been round and it was over an hour and no sign of a trolley. We never stayed longer than 20 minutes.

Catriona
onlyholly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by onlyholly View Post
I can understand the coffee pod situation but it's still not ideal. Not sure when you were last there but the trolley didn't come around every 30 minutes during the past four weeks. On a coupe of occasions I asked the people next to us how long they had been in the lounge and if the trolley had been round and it was over an hour and no sign of a trolley. We never stayed longer than 20 minutes.

Catriona
We used it 3 times in Nov and maybe 3 or 4 times in August. Saw the Lady with the little trolley loads of times. Not exactly 30 mins but we don't spend much longer than 40 mins there as we only stay long enough for my black coffee to cool!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

It was a bit of a makeshift lounge, utilising previously unused space (the floor was dodgy and at one point it was touch and go whether they could stabilise it), its a bit of a PR move to add some 'exclusivity' so they can sell points direct rather than resale. Something for the timeshare salesman to try and wow the new buyers who haven't realised you can buy resale. Its a nice have though, if you can get access, I can't as I bought resale, but I would rather have my £10k in the bank.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Catriona, we were there at the same time and had almost the opposite experience, bizarrely.

We couldn't get in twice as it was full, and once we got in and wished we hadn't as there were no spare seats (close enough together to make a new grouping). I thought the furniture was chosen so that it could be easily moved to make new groups, so I was a fan

We saw the trolley every 30 minutes.

I was appalled they'd had to ration the coffee pods like that - seriously can't believe people would pinch them

We were on a very tight budget this trip and it was particularly welcome as it saved us a bit on snacks!

We loved the respite it offered during the busy Xmas period. I can see it being welcome in summer, too.
Old 23 Jan 17, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Pootle
Very Serious Dibber

Pootle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
We used the lounge about 10 days ago and enjoyed our visit.

It was early evening; lots of spare seating and the snack trolley came round. Lovely view of Spaceship earth with an orange sky as the backdrop. A nice little perk I thought, and if in Epcot, I always pass nearby. Hope they keep it.
Old 23 Jan 17, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Oliver123
Imagineer

Oliver123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We couldn't get in but we did try on NYE there was that much of a wait that we wouldn't get in until after it closed!
Old 23 Jan 17, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
We used it a few times in September. We only saw the snack trolley on the hour.

We quite liked it but found the lack of a toilet a pain!
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 01:06 AM  
Link to this Post

we used it twice in oct, loved it

the girls could go and get a soda in whatever flavour they wanted, the snack trolley came around, we even used the Ipad to find a off-site restaurant ( could have done it on my iphone, but the ipad was easier )

I wouldnt think it costs the earth to run, it would be nice to see them in all the other parks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List