Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Feb 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy's girl
Excited about Disney

We are flying with them in October and although we have only ever flown Virgin to Orlando before We have flown with BA to New York and they were great.
Jimmy's girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
jenskii
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
You get earbuds now in world traveler, headphones in plus. They're not brilliant but they do. I take my own and you don't need an adapter.
Lovely, thanks!

May 2011 Honeymoon Villa @ Calabria
June 2012 A rainy week @ Holiday Inn
April 2013 Babymoon @ Holiday Inn
May 2017 fortnight @ Watersong
jenskii is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have flown with both and prefer BA, we found Virgin cabin crew a bit stuck up and rather unhelpful. Saying that we would go with whoever is cheapest.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

I'm flying BA to Orlando in March on a 777. I'll be taking a large bag of mini-pretzels. This should bring me up to the same level of service as Virgin provide. Ł1.50.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
REDHILL
a Friend of the DIBB

does anyone know when the BA planes from Gatwick are being upgraded?
Interested in the Orlando and Tampa routes...
Thanks in advance
REDHILL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Originally Posted by REDHILL View Post
Thanks in advance
Sometime over the next few years...

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by hornetgirl View Post
We flew with BA last week. The cost saving cuts are definitely starting to become noticeable. There was no snack with the initial drinks service, no tuckbox any more and only two items in the breakfast box instead of the three we got last year. Couldn't fault the cabin crew though and as long as they remain cheaper than Virgin we will continue to fly with them for now.
Agree 100% with this, I have learnt to be prepared with snacks on BA flights after finding myself really hungry in the past.

Can't help but find it funny that the OP didn't actually ask whether BA / Virgin were better or for any comparison but it immediately became another one of those threads. He / she was only asking whether they have earphones / eyemasks etc.

Not sure if anyone has actually answered that question and although I fly with BA every year, I always take my own earphones and don't bother with the amenities kit (if they have them - not sure if I've only seen them in premium or not .)
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

We have only ever flown Virgin too OP. Sounds like we may need to be a bit more prepared with earphones and snacks We are Trying BA this time in August as they were much cheaper. Will pack our own snacks just in case. For a thousand pound saving, I'm happy to spend a few quid on snacks. My expectations are lower than Virgin( just from things I've read) but as long as it gets us from A to B I can live with it.
Been travelling with Virgin for years but I have to say the customer service experience By BA over the phone to book and upgrade ticket was fantastic, very helpful. Much better than I have ever received from Virgin.

Edited at 04:19 PM.
tinytots is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by REDHILL View Post
Thanks in advance
Upgrade will be wifi (not free I think), less Club seats bigger economy cabin and smaller seats in economy (1 extra seat per row)
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dave
Serious Dibber

When are the new aircraft coming in? What type are they? For Virgin.
Big Dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List