Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 14 Feb 17, 08:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daisy and ruby
Excited about Disney

Mobile Free up grades

Do disney evet do free up grades if you ask? We are going in two weeks to santa fe, 2 adulta, 2 children and a 2 year old. Was wondering if it was worth asking if they had any family rooms to change to.
Thanks.
Also can you still ask to have breakfast in the park?

Xxxx
daisy and ruby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

definitely worth an ask I'd say - they can only say no, or offer to upgrade you at a cost.

breakfast in the park is still available up to the end of March - but its not on every day, so it may not be on when you're there. Again though, if you don't ask at your hotel reception, you won't know.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
daisy and ruby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That was my theory
As I tell kids
Don't ask don't get.
Xxx
daisy and ruby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by daisy and ruby View Post
That was my theory
As I tell kids
Don't ask don't get.
Xxx
Or as I was always told

"Shy bairns get nowt."
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
JayTheDisneyDad
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by sammykitten View Post
definitely worth an ask I'd say - they can only say no, or offer to upgrade you at a cost.

breakfast in the park is still available up to the end of March - but its not on every day, so it may not be on when you're there. Again though, if you don't ask at your hotel reception, you won't know.
How does breakfast in the park work? Didn't realise this was ever an option? ..
JayTheDisneyDad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JayTheDisneyDad View Post
How does breakfast in the park work? Didn't realise this was ever an option? ..
its been around for years (we first had them in 2007). Basically, when the onsite hotel restaurants are expected to be busy, they open one restaurant inside the main park for breakfast as well, and your hotel will have timeslots available for breakfast there instead of at your hotel. Its only for the Santa Fe, Cheyenne, Sequoia Lodge, and Newport Bay Club hotels ie the hotels where the breakfast included in your package is continental. Its the same standard of breakfast, its just in the park instead of at your hotel.

I used to prefer breakfast in the park to breakfast at my hotel and I'd ask every evening at my hotel if there were slots available for the next day or the day after. I'd choose a 9am or 9.15am slot, be at the park for the first and much quieter hour of EMH, then have breakfast inside the park before heading to ropedop/Studios park opening.

Its not always available, and you won't know until you check in at your hotel whether there are any breakfasts in the park during your stay.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

I think you would be very lucky to get an upgrade to a family room. We are a family of 5 and last time i got a quote for a family room at the santa fe it was almost the same price as a standard room at the disneyland hotel!
We have had free upgrades quite a few times. One was we were upgraded to an empire state club room in the new york, the next ones was an upgrade to a park view room at the disnyland hotel and free soft toys for the children and the last couple have been upgraded cabins at davy crockett.
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
daisy and ruby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by vickiell View Post
I think you would be very lucky to get an upgrade to a family room. We are a family of 5 and last time i got a quote for a family room at the santa fe it was almost the same price as a standard room at the disneyland hotel!
We have had free upgrades quite a few times. One was we were upgraded to an empire state club room in the new york, the next ones was an upgrade to a park view room at the disnyland hotel and free soft toys for the children and the last couple have been upgraded cabins at davy crockett.
Did you just ask when checking in, or did they just offer it. Thank you.
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

We normally send an email before we go just saying that we are returning again and we let them know if we are celebrating anything like birthdays or anniversaries.
Old 19 Feb 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

It's worth an ask. For what it's worth, it wouldn't particularly bother me to pay for something and find out somebody else got it for free. I'd be envious, but if I wasn't prepared to take the big risk of not booking it and not getting it, then I'd be paying for the certainty of getting whatever upgrade was important to me. If someone else was happy enough with the likelihood of getting exactly what they'd booked, but asked and got upgraded to a room that would otherwise be sitting empty, I wouldn't begrudge them their good luck at all.
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List