Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 15 Feb 17, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
stephen2203
Very Serious Dibber

Walts or The Steakhouse

Trying to choose between Walts and The Steakhouse so would be grateful for any opinions. We have purchased Premium HB and are also planning to eat at Inventions, BBWWS and Auberge de Cendrillion.
stephen2203 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Ooh, that's a tough one. We've eaten at both.

Walt's is a lovely place, full of atmosphere, and is a series of small rooms connected by a long corridor. This makes each room feel intimate and relaxed. If you are lucky, you may get a window table and you can then look down on Main Street (we watched a parade go past once, and the higher up characters on the floats waved to us!). The food is sublime, small portions of delight, everything is delicate and full of flavour.

Moving onto the Steakhouse, it is a large room so can be a bit more lively (i.e. noisy) in there, but has a more vibrant atmosphere than Walt's. The food is a bit more robust in flavour and style, but is still top notch and their steaks are amazing.

So - if you are looking for a quiet, intimate meal, go for Walt's. If you want more atmosphere and lively banter, go for the Steakhouse.

We couldn't decide this time so when we go back in March, we're eating at both! Although Walt's does have the slight edge for us, purely because of the parade experience mentioned above.
Old 15 Feb 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

Twice I have eaten at Walts and both times the service was beyond slow- over 2 hours for 3 courses. The food was nice and you cant beat the location, but the service put me off.

This was before the Menu was upgraded, so maybe things have got better.

The Steakhouse in the Village is my fave place to eat in DLP
Old 15 Feb 17, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
stephen2203
Very Serious Dibber

Thanks for the replies. The menu at a the Steakhouse appeals to me slightly more but the theming of Walt's looks fantastic (I am a huge Walt fan). I do worry a little that the intimate atmosphere in Walt's wouldn't be the best with 2 young (potentially noisy) kids. We are also going in November when the parks will probably close at 7pm so the times at Walt's would be more limited.
I'm definitely leaning towards the Steakhouse but at the back of my mind I keep thinking that Walt's has been on my bucket list for a long time.
stephen2203 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Gemsie0812
Very Serious Dibber

Gemsie0812's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for posting this - it's my dilemma too, we are going in Sept for a big family trip for a family members 70th birthday - there will be 10 of us in total. The location of walts is more appealing and would be amazing to catch a parade but not sure whether it's that child friendly? Are they roughly the same in price for a 2 course meal?
WC 2013,2020
Gemsie0812 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Walts every time for me. The food is great. We only had slow service once. Mostly it has been good service. The service is not ment to be fast.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Silvercat
Imagineer

Well I think they are pretty child friendly in Walt's, we saw lots of families in there with smaller children. For a party of 10 you may even get your own private dining room!

I don't remember the service being slow, and we've eaten there twice now, but that may just be something that happens occasionally.

However, the only other thing you need to know is that Walt's now only do a lunch service, not dinner, and the last dining times tend to be around 4 pm I think.
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdob59
Getting Excited

As far as we are concerned there is absolutely no contest - Walts every time.

You are in Disney after all so what could be more fitting than to eat in his namesake restaurant.

The theming, furniture and memorabilia in there is so beautiful. After we ate there the last time they allowed my daughter to spend as much time as she wanted walking through the differently themed dining rooms and encouraged her to take as many photos as she wished to.

It was wonderful.
dibdob59 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
stephen2203
Very Serious Dibber

That's for the replies. Thought I had settled for the Steakhouse but all this love for Walt's is giving me second thoughts
Old 17 Feb 17, 07:28 PM  
Link to this Post
yellowmonkey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
If you are lucky, you may get a window table and you can then look down on Main Street (we watched a parade go past once, and the higher up characters on the floats waved to us!). The food is sublime, small portions of delight, everything is delicate and full of flavour.
We managed to get a window seat overlooking Main St for the Xmas parade and Donald blew us all a rasberry. Still remains a favourite memory for us, as a family, to this day

Originally Posted by gavvy View Post
Twice I have eaten at Walts and both times the service was beyond slow- over 2 hours for 3 courses. The food was nice and you cant beat the location, but the service put me off.
Ref above we arrived at 4pm and due to the "service" we managed to hang it out until the parade went past. Loved the food and the atmosphere and the fact that they must of known that we were hanging around for the parade that they did not rush us

Sorry but have not eaten at Steakhouse

Edited at 07:44 PM.
yellowmonkey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List