Notices

Old 20 Feb 17, 03:37 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

No long-haul... I'm a local now! Day 1 Travel & Disney Springs

Alarm was set for 3.40am... but that's never a care when you are going on holiday! Felt really strange driving literally 20 minutes and being at the airport! We breezed through security and now it was time for a little snack to keep us going...

America lives on dunkin and so are we! Yummy

So now is where I start to get a little anxious - I didn't fully appreciate that soutwest airlines is a budget no seat allocations! I look on the internet for some suitable advise to help us get a seat together lol!

In fairness we were in boarding group A and managed to get a middle and aisle in row 6 - we had already been told it's a full flight. The flight configuration was 3 seats each side, it didn't take a genius to work out not everyone would be seated together... of course you can guess what happened families started to board and were not happy at being split up... is it wrong to not feel sorry for them given you could have paid $40 per party to be in group A! Anyone with many tears and tantrums and a nice lady next to me we were off!

There was wi-fi aboard which made for a super quick flight! In total it was just under 2.5 hours and the best part not having to clear customs and queue!
Here is our car for the week!

First stop was breakfast, our eatery of choice could only be 1 place... Perkins!
It was heaving but still only about a 20 minute wait, there is free wi-fi to keep you entertained!
We love it here and I can't recommend it enough for breakfast and also the pie is fantastic! Jez had his usual eggs Benedict and I made my own omelette - with drinks it was $26

Next we needed to get Jez some walking shoes, we went to the outlets at International Drive and I did everything in my power to not go in any stores! It was tough walking past VS, but I stick to my advice and won't shop on a weekend as I'm convinced bargains are better in the week! Well it was heaving queues for parking and so so busy! We didn't find anything here so popped over to Dicks sporting goods just near MoM - and here are Jez new walking shoes, they were $85 from $135

I picked up the softest socks I've ever felt... 3 pairs for $12 and they are super warm (I'm wearing a pair now as my feet are freezing lol)

We did a quick run into Target, I was on the look out for a mug for my lovely Dibber friend Lisa, sadly it is a valentines one and they had just the dregs left at the back of the store and not a mug in sight! I also did a quick check in the Dollar spot - a ton of Easter and spring goodies, but no little ceramic bunnies here which I like, maybe another day!

By now it was time to head to SSR, it's a beautiful resort and the theming is just gorgeous - every last detail is perfect... I have to say so far I can't say which one I prefer out of this and OKW

We collected our magic bands - matchy matchy for this trip!

Then over to grab a drink as you get a free resort mug with unlimited refills

We were in Carousel block which is the nearest to the entrance, on the forth floor in a corner room. We decided to get a 1 bed villa, even though we don't plan on doing any cooking we like the space and can't stand being cramped in a single room. The villa is beautiful, I think it must be one of the recently renovated and I was especially happy to see a huge whirlpool bath (there is also a separate shower)

We decide this afternoon to just mooch around Disney Springs, the parks are expected to be extremely busy for next few days with Presidents' Day holiday over here. Rather than drive we go to catch the boat! The sun is now out and it's lovely to feel some heat rather than being wrapped up in multiple layers!

We arrive just next to the boathouse restaurant and next to the water taxi station - they look fun!

First stop was information desk in the World of Disney - with the booking came a $100 gift card... thanks very much! #mine

Now burning a hole in my pocket I wanted to go to Basin, it's always a little tradition to pick up a few bath bombs here and enjoy whilst we are here, it is 3 for $12. I also picked up a new almond soap - this is the second one I've had and literally smells good enough to eat! You are charged based on weight for the soaps, mine was just over $5

We mooches around in the sunshine, it was really busy! I spotted this beautiful beauty and the beast shop!

Next I was drawn to one of my absolute guilty pleasure shops... Sephora!

I could spend hours in here - so I had a few bits I wanted, first up was this perfume, I'm usually only a Jo Malone buyer but I had a sample of this one and it's sooo good, it's called 'by the fireplace' and literally is the most comfortable calm warm smell you can imagine! It's outrageous at $126 but it is literally amazing and lasts all day with just a couple of sprays.
I also wanted to get colour matched for a tarte foundation - I love tarte stuff and this was $39
I then picked up a couple of Sephora masks (lips $3 and sleep face $4). Finally a mini wave spray from quay $12.
As I'm a VIB rouge I had quite a few points to spend so got this 2faced kit for free - everything smells of chocolate!

I skip out happy with my purchases and it's on to Zara, I really miss Zara - we don't have one in New Hampshire... I'm hoping it's just a matter of time! This is one of the softest jumpers ever! I love the bell sleeves! It was $26

By now we were starting to feel hungry, I'd booked our favourite offsite restaurant - Maggianos. I use opentable app, it's great and you can canx if you change your mind, but means you don't have to queue! If you like Italian then please try this place, it's a million times better than Olive Garden and Carabbas - I don't think it's that much more expensive, but the good is outstanding! It was just over $60 all in...

We roll out and it does take ages to get back - I'm really hoping it's going to start getting quiet next week and dread to think what magic kingdom will be like tomorrow!

So it's now just about time to go for a soak in the tub! (But first I need to stash the smellies!) and then I'm putting on my face masks... I'm really overwhelmed by all of your lovely comments on here and IG - thank you so much for taking the time to comment! I'm off to sleep soon - no jetlag but it's still been a long day! See you all tomorrow... Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 03:47 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 20 Feb 17 2:47 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 05:30 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi Debs, lovely first day...the tips about flying with Southwest really made me laugh. How lovely to just have a short flight 😀 Been googling your fragrance, do they all last that long as I think I might have to take a trip somewhere to smell the "lipstick on" one...
Enjoy your second day Angela xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great travel day, lovely only having a short flight to get there, good first day's shopping

Joan
Old 20 Feb 17, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Great first day!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Now that's how to do travel day! If only - sigh... Xx
JoJo88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

thanks for sharinglove your reports but you end up costing me a fortuneas I keep seeing the shops you shop at which are new to me ... and write them down on my to do list lol ... gotta get some almond soap sounds lush x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great travel day, that really is the dream just having a short little flight to get there Nice start to the shopping too
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Great travel day. Looking forward to your updates.

Thanks for posting
Old 20 Feb 17, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Great travel day! Love your Sephora haul!

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List