Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Feb 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Cheap indirect flight dilemma

I have just seen a cheap flight to Orlando from Manchester.the problem is to get it at the cheap price I have added miami as the final destination. I know I could just bin the final leg from Orlando to miami.but what could I do about the return.because it takes off from miami and has a 21hr stop over at Orlando. Could I just meet the flight at Orlando and get on it there. It is so frustrating because if I book the man-mco only it makes the flight £600 each more expensive.
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

If you bin the Orlando-Miami flight the rest of your ticket, so the whole return will be cancelled. Missing any leg forfeits the rest of the ticket.
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

lilyrose is right, your plan won't work OP.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scojo72
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lilyrose View Post
If you bin the Orlando-Miami flight the rest of your ticket, so the whole return will be cancelled. Missing any leg forfeits the rest of the ticket.
Isn't it silly that if I book the man-mco with Virgin it is over £1200. But the same flight with miami on the end of it is £603.
villa.vero beach.akl jambo 3wks 2010
animal kingdom 2009
villa 2008
caribbean beach 2007
villa 2006
2000-2006 various hotels on international drive

DVC MEMBER
scojo72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMo
Having Dinner with Goofy

This is crazy! I didn't know they did this
MrsMo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sotagals
Imagineer

This kind of ticketing is quite common. We've done all sorts of odd combinations over the years.

This year we are getting off the plane in PHL and staying the night before flying down to Tampa the next day. This saved us £500 over doing the whole flight on the same day.

It's not such a hardship to fly into Miami. Book a hotel in the MIA area for the first night and you can be up early and in Orlando before you know it.

Coming back is more of a nuisance but if we do it we book a beach front hotel for our last night somewhere like Melbourne or points south and then have a walk on the beach before tackling the drive back to the airport.

Alright you miss some time at Disney or wherever but you have a bit of an American road trip adventure !

Edited at 11:29 AM.
sotagals is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:19 PM  
Link to this Post
asmidir
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sotagals View Post
This year we are getting off the plane in PHL and staying the night before flying down to Tampa the next day. This saved us £500 over doing the whole flight on the same day.
How did you find those flights?
asmidir is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
neilhd
Imagineer

As everyone has said, it won't work. Also your baggage would presumably be checked through.

Still, going to Miami isn't too bad. It's a nice easy 3-4 hour drive. I've flown (direct) to MIA a couple of times because it's been cheaper. I flew to Atlanta once and drove down (8 hours) because it saved a good amount.

The way back is a pain I suppose, but get a hotel by MCO and it won't be too bad. Maybe tack on a day to the holiday at the beginning or end so you don't lose any time.

How many of you are going? At £600 saving each that's quite a good amount if there's 3 or 4 of you. I'd definitely consider it if it was me.