Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 21 Feb 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Buying points and DDP

Can i just ask if i were to buy points how far in advance would i be able to do that? I have seen on Dave's site that buying points may work out cheaper, we would have to forgo the free DDP but if we were to get a good saving we would just pay oop. Has anyone done this and is it as good a deal as it appears?

Thanks
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. Loads do this and Dave's comes highly recommended. You are actually renting points not buying and the earliest ahead you can get them is 11 Months from check in date or 7 months if the points are not being used at the Resort where they are owned.

To put this in context I own at SSR so can book at 11 months ahead, if I wanted say the Beach Club I could book only 7 months ahead. the same would apply if Dave rented my points out if I didn't want them.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
CMFewkesHarrie
Excited about Disney

I did exactly this for our trip last year.

I booked a week in a studio at the GF through Davids website and added a weeks dining plan.

It was just my DD and myself and I think I saved approx £1000 by doing it this way rather than booking with a regular booking to include the free DDP.

We than had a week at the BC without the dining plan, again booking through Davids site, and paid out of pocket for food and we had a hire car for this week only.

By doing it this way, I reckon I saved approx. £1500 - £1800 rather than booking the regular way!

And I would highly recommend Davids web site. So easy to use and straight forward. Just to add I did request the points I needed at the 11 month window, and both bookings were requested and confirmed with a Disney confirmation number, within a day!

It was the first time staying on site for us, after many years staying in a villa, and we loved it. But we found we really didn't need all that food. We ate at places like Be Our Guest, Narcrosses, Sanaa, The. Wave, Whispering Canyon etc. and loved it. The second week we ate manly off site at favourite places like Millers, Red lobster, Texas Roadhouse etc.

For us it was a great experience and I would do it again as obviously we saved a lot of money.
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. Loads do this and Dave's comes highly recommended. You are actually renting points not buying and the earliest ahead you can get them is 11 Months from check in date or 7 months if the points are not being used at the Resort where they are owned.

To put this in context I own at SSR so can book at 11 months ahead, if I wanted say the Beach Club I could book only 7 months ahead. the same would apply if Dave rented my points out if I didn't want them.
Thank you for your reply, I did mean rent lol. Very helpful info 👍
Cabana Bay - 2019
Lulu-Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by CMFewkesHarrie View Post
I did exactly this for our trip last year.

I booked a week in a studio at the GF through Davids website and added a weeks dining plan.

It was just my DD and myself and I think I saved approx £1000 by doing it this way rather than booking with a regular booking to include the free DDP.

We than had a week at the BC without the dining plan, again booking through Davids site, and paid out of pocket for food and we had a hire car for this week only.

By doing it this way, I reckon I saved approx. £1500 - £1800 rather than booking the regular way!

And I would highly recommend Davids web site. So easy to use and straight forward. Just to add I did request the points I needed at the 11 month window, and both bookings were requested and confirmed with a Disney confirmation number, within a day!

It was the first time staying on site for us, after many years staying in a villa, and we loved it. But we found we really didn't need all that food. We ate at places like Be Our Guest, Narcrosses, Sanaa, The. Wave, Whispering Canyon etc. and loved it. The second week we ate manly off site at favourite places like Millers, Red lobster, Texas Roadhouse etc.

For us it was a great experience and I would do it again as obviously we saved a lot of money.
Thank you nice to hear good feedback about Dave's site. It seems such a good deal I was worried it was too go to be true.
Cabana Bay - 2019
Old 22 Feb 17, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

Just to give you the other side of the picture, we have used David's to rent out our surplus points and we couldn't fault them either. They made the process very easy for us, communicated well and did everything they said they would. We'd definitely use them again.
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disneymadhouse
Imagineer

disneymadhouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
We have in the past rented points twice from a Dibber. There is perhaps a little more trust needed on both sides, but it worked out very well for us. The main advantage for us to rent from a Dibber was that I was able to pay in £, ( Dave's etc you would be paying in $)

1994 Lindfields Villa 1999 Polynesian/Disney Magic 2002 All Star Sports 2007 Best Western Lakeside 2012 OKW 2014 Disney Magic 2015 OKW/Disney Dream/AoA 2016 Disney Magic 2017 OKW 2018 Disney Dream / OKW / All Star Movies 2019 CBR
DVC Owner at OKW
disneymadhouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by disneymadhouse View Post
We have in the past rented points twice from a Dibber. There is perhaps a little more trust needed on both sides, but it worked out very well for us. The main advantage for us to rent from a Dibber was that I was able to pay in £, ( Dave's etc you would be paying in $)
Thanks - i think it was just i found Dave's site easy and when Dibbers are renting out points i'm not sure how many would be needed for where we want etc as they normally just say xpoints for £x amount.
Cabana Bay - 2019
Old 22 Feb 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post

If you go to the long white column headed DIBB menu on the right of your screen you will see DVC calculator and DVC points chart listed.Click on them. Put in the dates you require, the resort you want and the unit size - studio, one bedroom etc. It will tell you exactly how many points are required for your stay.
If you approach any DIBB DVC member on the threads they can always check for you if your dates are available.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu-Belle
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
If you go to the long white column headed DIBB menu on the right of your screen you will see DVC calculator and DVC points chart listed.Click on them. Put in the dates you require, the resort you want and the unit size - studio, one bedroom etc. It will tell you exactly how many points are required for your stay.
If you approach any DIBB DVC member on the threads they can always check for you if your dates are available.
Brilliant thank you - didn't know you could do that. Very helpful
Cabana Bay - 2019