Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Feb 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ramsay
Imagineer

some questions flying from dublin with aer lingus

we are looking at flights for october and never flew with aer lingus before so needed some questions answered ..

1) is the food ok and is there free soft drinks

2) is there inflight entertainment

3) we could be flying from edinburgh and the flight lands in dublin at 12.50 and leaves again at 14.10 would we manage with such a short turn around ? if not there is a flight from edinburgh to dublin that arrives at 9.30 from edinburgh into dublin but means a long time in dublin airport before hand .
Ramsay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi food and inflight both good. If your flights on time ok? Just . It's a short walk between terminals but depends on time clearing USA immigration . Usually 10/15 mins. Would be inclined to get early flight , dublin airport is quite good
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wheelbrace
Getting Excited

Hi Ramsay, just back from a quick visit to NYC with Aer Lingus. I cannot help with transfer info as we are from Ireland but as for flying with Aer Lingus great job. With Immigration being done at Dublin big thumbs up. Free soft drink Thumbs up as for the entertainment system if you want to use your own head phones (beats or something) buy a twin pin connector from eBay £1.99 so you can use your own. Virgins entertainment system is better but it's not a game changer in my opinion.
Wheelbrace is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Ramsey, we love Aer Lingus, it is the only airline that goes direct from Dublin to Orlando. It is more expensive for us to travel with them as we can get indirect cheaper but we find them brill.

The food is grand! I have never experienced amazing airline food so it is what it is! We upgraded our meal the last time. Hubbie had steak and I had chicken was lovely and I will do it again this week.

This is the link if you are interested :
aerlingus/experience...-bia-pre-order

Soft drinks are free. They come around with the drinks trolley a couple of times but after that you can just wander up to kitchen area and they will give you or the kids drinks, chocolate and crisps if you want!

Again inflight entertainment is good. All types of movies, shows like friends, comedies and music channels. They have their own magazine called "Cara" its published online and you can have a look at it the month you are going and you will see what new release movies they are showing.

Aer Lingus fly in and out of Terminal 2 (Newest terminal, its beautiful). Ryanair go into Terminal 1. So if your on Ryanair you have a bit of a walk to get from one terminal to another. If you are with Aer Lingus then it will be much quicker. There is v little after you go thru pre clearance but you would get a sandwich and a coffee!

Hope that helps!

If you have any other qs just shout!

Hope you enjoy flying with them as much as we do!
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would be inclined to go for the earlier flight just in case your flight experiences delays . Dublin airport is fine s few shops etc and dining options . Preclearance can take up to an hour or so personally I wouldn't mind hanging around the airport . Aerlingus are great very friendly staff nothing is too much for them
Old 22 Feb 17, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Getyogrooveon
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Mobile

Question, is there a duty free shop in the terminal after you go through US preclearance!
05.92 Newport Bay - DLP / 09.01 Santa Fe - DLP /11.03 Cheyenne - DLP / 11.05 Sequoia Lodge - DLP / 11.06 Cheyenne - DLP / 11.07 Cheyenne - DLP / 12.08 Cheyenne DLP / 08.10 SSR - WDW / 11.10 Cheyenne - DLP / 08.12 OKW -WDW / 12.13 Cheyenne - DLP / 08.15 SSR - WDW / 07.16 Cheyenne - DLP / 08.17 OKW - WDW / 08.19 CSR - WDW & RPR - Universal / 10.23 DL Sheraton Park / 08.24 POR - WDW
Getyogrooveon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Getyogrooveon View Post
Question, is there a duty free shop in the terminal after you go through US preclearance!
No it is before you go down to preclearance! In saying that we have done preclearance 3 times now and was never more than 10 mins going thru but best to allow an hour I think!
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Ramsay
Imagineer

I have booked we are with aer lingus for all our flights and went for the earlier flight because we do pre clearance in dublin do we need to collect our bags in dublin ? i think we will have to ?
Ramsay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ramsay View Post
I have booked we are with aer lingus for all our flights and went for the earlier flight because we do pre clearance in dublin do we need to collect our bags in dublin ? i think we will have to ?
Hi
Your bags will be checked through to MCO. US immigration will ask you identify your bags by photograph. If you want to push the boat out the new lounge after pre-clearance is open to the public, not sure of current cost, good selection of food and drink.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Ramsay
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Hi
Your bags will be checked through to MCO. US immigration will ask you identify your bags by photograph. If you want to push the boat out the new lounge after pre-clearance is open to the public, not sure of current cost, good selection of food and drink.
Alex
thank you for that ..i was actually looking at the lounge earlier ..what terminal is that we will be leaving from ?