Notices

Old 23 Feb 17, 03:15 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

No long-haul... I'm a local now! Day 4 Hollywood And Shopping

Today I was awake at 6am! I swear I'm suffering with UK mock jetlag still!
I flicked through my emails and was delighted to see a voucher from Yankee Candle. It was a really good one - buy 1 get 2 free on the small candles! That made them just over $3.50 instead of $10.99! I wasn't actually planning on going mad with candles as I literally live 15 mins from a Bath and Body works so have gone a tad crazy since I've been here! I will say you must sign up on both websites a good couple of weeks beforehand to get the vouchers in advance...
Today the weather was forecast to be pretty rubbish, so we were planning a 1/2 day in the parks followed by some shopping

So I'm going to post the purchase that didn't happen straight away! I guess I built this up yesterday and I was sadly disappointed... I've been lusting over these beauties now for roughly 6 months...I kick myself now knowing it took me a year to acquire my navy chanel espadrilles! I know they are outrageously expensive but to me they are worth every penny and they are beautiful in real life ... I figured the cost of a couple of pairs of Tory Burch and MK (that were on my wish list were adding up to a large chunk of this!)
I should have got them when they first came out as now you can't get for love or money (unless you are prepared to pay double!) so if there are any personal shoppers or Chanel SA's please contact me and help me on my quest...
Anyway... back to the story, but a lot of you were waiting on the big purchase so I wanted to get the pain out the way early, don't worry I still picked up a few lovely bits later on!

Now back to the day! So a combination of weather and our afternoon plans meant we decided to drive today so we could have a quick get away later! Whilst we managed to get great parking (only 2 rows behind disabled!) it was busy getting inside! I can't believe parking is now $20 or $40 for preferred - I seriously think that is too high with everything else! One of the nice things about staying on site is you don't have to pay this, you just scan your magic band

It was very grey already and at 8.45 they allowed us in but only half way up the street. We had a FP for toy story at 9.30am and decided we would do one of those stupid do not run walks to get a walk on before hand. This is where I have to laugh at some people that take it way too seriously - as soon as the rope drops it's like an alien invasion with dads grabbing small kids and literally pulling them along! Well we made it in one piece and ended up queuing for roughly 15 mins once inside. They have removed the talking Mr Potato head to make room for more queuing space, it's a shame as it did keep you somewhat entertained! I guess it slowed the queues down as everyone used to stop for photos!

This ride is really fun! I'm so rubbish at the hoop one and by the end of it I can hardly move my hand!

Straight back on for round 2 and this time seriously pure luck I beat Jez, I think for the first time ever so enjoy my score!

After all that early excitement we need to grab some breakfast and boy was it good! I cannot believe I have not had a carrot cake cookie cake before... it is literally the best thing ever! I ate the whole thing in 1 sitting and then felt like I was going to be sick or give birth to my new food baby!

I picked up this Darth Vader keyring for one of my team who loves Star Wars, there is a shop which pretty much had every bit of park merch themed! If this is your thing I think you will be in heaven! But of course nothing is cheap, this little keyring was $9.99

It was already starting to rain so of course we had to poncho up like the rest of the park! We wanted to head for somewhere with a little cover and opted for the great movie ride. It's still super busy and I wonder if there really is a quiet time anymore in the parks?!? Wait time we about 30 mins (it would have been longer but they were looking for parties of 2 to fill rows so I guess we saved another 10 mins or so)
It was the gangster theme - it's really rare now to get the cowboy one (unless we are just unlucky!) there are some small updates on the ride which is now sponsored by TCM including a voice over in many sections and also some newer films at the end.

It was now really miserable so we had decided to go and watch one mans dream as it is one of our favourites at the park... so it wasn't running as they were running previews of the new beauty and the beast movie

You can still explore the parts before the film and it's also a good shelter from the rain! So the preview looks awesome! I seriously can't wait for the film to come out, I know already I'm going to love it!

Another sad closure is the drawing classes, it seems such a shame they don't offer this anymore, we used to love these and often did a couple back to back! I really hope they decide to bring it back some day.
So instead there is a Star Wars film and exhibition. I'm not a fan but I still really enjoyed the film which is more about the making and also some of the employees.

Next up it is actually my favourite ride... tower of terror! I scream most of the way through it clinging onto Jez! I cannot believe this closed in LA, it's a staple ride and I will be so upset if it did shut!

We had now used all of our fast pass tickets so I was able to get us one for beauty and the beast. If you don't have the app you really need this! You can do everything from this, including reservations for dining, fast pass management (new, canx or change times) and also has wait times! Given all parks now have free wifi it's a must imo
I love this show and it's made me even more excited for the movie!

Lunch was at 50s Prime Time, we ate here for the first time last year and it turned into one of the best experiences! They literally shout your name when it's time to eat and of course you are expected to lay the table and keep elbows off the table!
It's a really fun experience - they play with you as much or as little as you want to engage!
Food was yummy, too full for any pudding today!

In leaving they gave us a postcard to remind us of our manners :-)

It was now time to leave and it was pretty miserable weather and not at all warm so I certainly didn't mind! First up was MoM - I already told my story so of course I left empty handed...

The Yankee candle isn't in the mall - it's literally next door in the strip mall next to Ulta and Nordstrom Rack. I picked up these 6 for the price of 2... a perfect selection of spring scents!

Next stop was the outlet at international drive - I know this probably isn't what you want to hear but I only went in 2 shops! I'm seriously spoilt where I live in NH and it is a lot cheaper than here for the same stores plus it's tax free, I guess there is a bigger mark-up here as they know it's a captive audience!
I did however pick up this beautiful jumper dress in the 70% off section making it just $42 - I'm going to need this when I get home!

And I got this little beauty again at the back of the store for only $22!
The majority of the bags in here today are really just outlet bags and personally I don't like these (I think the quality is not as nice), that's why I head to the back where the ex store stock goes! I'd say if you want the 'real' MK you should try TJ Maxx, Ross and big department stores which usually have sales on...

I then spend a good hour or so in Victoria Secret, there are definitely some bargains to be had - swimwear $7.99, bras $4.99 (sheer ones) - $9.99 and bottoms $2.99 or $3.99. Clothes seemed to all be $25 which I didn't think was that cheap, but there were some t-shirts for $4.99
I got this small selection, but gone seem to be the days of finding matching sets and the rummage bins under the displays were not open :-(

Good deals on smellies, most at 70% off this Christmas range normally at $18 each were 3 for $10. Make-up was $2-$3 per item. And I got these tweezers for only $3!

By now it was nearly 6pm, the traffic was a nightmare on the way back and it was nearly an hour before we were at SSR. We didn't feel like heading to Disney Springs as it was pouring with rain still! Instead we just had something in the restaurant here. I had the flatbread and Jez had a toasted ham and cheese.
So that brings us to the end of another day, tomorrow we are off to animal kingdom, weather isn't great again so we are going to head to city walk for the afternoon and may watch a film and also try the chocolate emporium! Until then... thanks for reading Debs xx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 03:25 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 23 Feb 17 2:25 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Carrot cake cookie - drooooooooool!

Shame it was a soggy day for you, and I'm sorry you didn't get your Chanels, but your flat bread looks pretty amazing xx
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Aww, you must have been so disappointed about the mules, fingers crossed you'll get them at some stage.
Nice few bargains HS looked so busy especially for a wet day in February!
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
emmabanana
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Shame you couldn't manage to get the shoes you wanted, hopefully a pair will turn up for you soon. x
emmabanana is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Wow your breakfast did look delicious... what a shame about your big purchase...or not 🙁

Shame about the weather, let's hope for a better day tomorrow.
Angela xx
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

I love DHS and I love carrot cake cookies - they are just the best ❤️

Sorry about your mules but the little MK bag is such a bargain!

Hope the weather perks up for you today xx
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I laughed out loud at your carrot cake cookie comment about a food baby! 😂😂😂 looks worth it though Debs! I love HS, it's actually my favourite park. Shame about your chanel shoes, but great shout on the candle bargains! Looks like a fab day x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Very Serious Dibber

How terrible suffering from mock jet lag

Some fab bargains today, shame about the Chanel shoes though, they are beautiful.

Thanks for the tip about the MK ex-store stock, we all know where to head now
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

I love that the rain doesn't stop you from enjoying yourself. I can't wait for the Beauty and the Beast movie, the snippets I've seen have be so excited. I always follow your tip for going to the back of the MK outlet shop. We went to the outlet in Tampa in December and I was so disappointed that I couldn't find anything, they really didn't have much ex-store stock and like you I don't feel the quality of the outlet stock is as good. Great bargain on the Yankee Candles I really need to sign up to these places. Have a great day today.