Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Rizzoface
slightly serious Dibber

Thomas Cook PE seats

Hi all

Has anyone flown THomas Cook premium economy on long haul? usually we fly with virgin and know what i get with their offering and happy with it. Looking for comparisons i guess on how comfy the seats are on TC new premium seats (they look uncomfortable) and what the service is like

Thanks
Rizzoface is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We flew pe with them last year. Virgin pe in 2014
I thought it was really good, loads of room, seat are actually quite comfortable. Service and staff brilliant

If you do a search there are loads of threads on this and people have posted lots of photos.
Book row 7
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

We flew with them last year, we haven't flown PE with virgin for a few years so I can't exactly remember how comfy the seats were etc, but the way out with TC was great, no complaints at all, the usual welcome drink, the James Martin meal was lovely. The flight times were great, we landed around 2pm so were at the villa by 4pm which was a real bonus.
I think the main difference is the IFE, I think there's more choice and newer films with virgin but we still found plenty to watch.
The flight home wasn't so great, the meal was awful and I found the staff miserable.
However we have booked with them again.
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Flown with both and if the price was the same would choose Virgin. I thought the seats weren't as comfortable with TC. However not enough to stop me booking 4 long haul flights with them this year.
Service was good with TC, though IFE wasn't much choice. I am going to download a couple of boxsets off Netflix.

LBV Resort and Spa- 2009
Emerald Island Villa -2013
OKW -2014 YC -2015
Tenerife and cruise in Med 2016
Easter 2017. BCV 7 nights, 6 nights GFV. 3 Portofino Bay
August 2017. YC 14 nights. 4 days Portofino Bay
August 18 -5 nights NY, 11 nights PORFQ
August 2019 10 nights AKL 6 nights Universal
AUG 2020 CSR 15 nights?
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

I've flown PE with Thomson and Air Transat. My wife has flown PE with TC as well and said the offering was very comparable to Air Transat but not as good as Thomson. She did say that there was definitely a little more legroom, the seats were wider and the cabin service and food very good. She paid £75pp for the JFK-MAN upgrade and found it money well spent..
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
quartergill
VIP Dibber

Flew TC Premium last year and booked to do so again this year. IMO worth the money when I compared it to what Virgin were asking.
quartergill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List