Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Feb 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post

In flight entertainment LGW to MCO

Hi all

BA are looking incredibly cheap for a fly drive compared to VA so looking to use them.

I flew short haul BA to Sofia before and must say the crew, plane and everything were really good but there was obviously no IFE being a short flight.

What is the IFE like compared to VA on BA flights.

I've had a look at what is on now but it seems to show only 5 kids films and 1 TV programme for them, compared to absolutely loads you get with VA.

Anybody care to share their experience?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Rubbish we have returned to va this year ba it was limited only 2 albums and a smaller choice of films and tv and screens are so old they are poor quality and some dont work if you can afford virgin fly with them
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I thought the entertainment was fantastic on BA, there were loads of films to choose from, several new ones and a load of older ones. I didn't have time to look at what TV programmes were available, so many good films to watch.

Oops sorry I just re-read your post and realised you were asking about kids entertainment. x

Edited at 09:49 PM.
Ycryan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Can you get by with other entertainment for the BA flight if you have to ... including movies/games on any tablets etc?
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Here is the link to the entertainment , just put in LGW-MCO and it will show what is showing (gices this month and next month) to get an idea.

britishairways/en-gb...-entertainment

Loads of films and a very large music selection (just make sure you select music via the touch screen and not the in arm 1-9 selector). Always a good selection of films or music to keep you amused, similar to virgin.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post

It's the kids side of things I was more wondering about as I remember VA having loads of kids stuff including programmes films and music. The guide seems to suggest there's only 5 kids films and 1 kids programme. It's really not that big of a deal to us as it will be so much cheaper but I was just curious.
Old 24 Feb 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mouselover22
Imagineer

I would never pay more to fly with a certain airline just because they may have a slightly better IFE system.

I can understand why you are curious though because 9 hours is a loooong time for kids on a plane. If you do have iPads then just load their favourite TV shows on there as a precaution. I always pack mine a travel day with new bits n bobs in and they spend more time reading magazines, playing top trumps and hangman then watching the IFE anyway

Personally, I've always found BA's IFE good
Old 24 Feb 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

We are flying BA. It's £3500 cheaper than virgin. The kids will have tablets and we will have a power pack. There will be films they want to watch on their tablet so I'm not bothered. Certainly not paying £3500 so my kids can watch cartoons for a few hours.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Never had an issue with BA IFE, we fly in April so will see what is listed in the next couple of days to make sure we don't watch those films on Sky or at cinema, am I alone in doing this?
Old 27 Feb 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I never rely on airline entertainment as it can go down.

If you have Sky but don't have multi screen you can get a two month free trial (don't forget to cancel it at the end of the first month) of Sky go extra which will allow you to download as much kids (and adults) content as you like to watch on board without wifi.

I wouldn't choose a more expensive flight based on the IFE in these days of tablets and bring your own options.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List