Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Aug 06, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post

May-time Munchies - Chefs de France

Chefs de France is one of our favourite eateries we and followed our usual tradition of eating lunch here on the first and last day of our holiday…

On visit one our server was Nicolas from Paris – a very friendly chappy and efficient too.

Those of you that are familiar with my food reports will already know what Paul ordered…
Of course, it’s his favourite grilled goat’s cheese with salad – Salade de Chevre Chaud.
He orders some French Fries to go with it and scoffs a couple of those delicious warm crusty rolls. It’s his holiday ritual and he’s happy with it.

I had the Sirloin Steak which came with a well-seasoned green peppercorn sauce and loads of crispy Pommes Pont Neuf. They looked a bit like roasties, so obviously I had to share some of them with Paul.
It was all very tasty, though I did wish there’d been some veggies; I’d have liked a few green beans or a bit of broccoli perhaps.

Not in the mood for dessert today, but we did manage a couple of glasses of George Duboeuf Chardonnay for me and some Pinot Noir for Paul.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On our second visit to Chefs de France we shared the cheese plate to start with. The cheese is always very fresh and served perfectly ripe. It’s better than we get at home, which is strange as we’re only 25 miles away from France!
Today there was Bleu d’Auvergne, Muenster, Brie, and Emmental, which was presented with a few dressed salad leaves and accompanied by those exceptionally good rolls.

As if Paul hadn’t had enough cheese already he of course, chose the ubiquitous Salade de Chevre Chaud!
I had Roast Chicken which was very juicy and flavourful, with a nice crispy skin. It was served with some basil infused mash and a braised tomato. Comfort food at it’s finest!

We had room for pud today!
Crème Brulee for Paul. It’s still pretty good but we noticed that the portion size has significantly diminished.
I always choose the Profiteroles. Filled with vanilla ice-cream and doused in warm chocolate, they are hard to resist.

Whilst we are on the French theme I’ll post a couple of pics from the Boulangerie, which is located in the courtyard behind Chefs de France.
We popped in on a couple of occasions for a cheese plate, baguette and a small glass of wine and one day we snacked on quiche, which we chose to have served warm.
I had ham and cheese and Paul had a Provencal vegetable one. They were both extremely delicious and we’ll definitely come back for more.
I also took the opportunity to sample one of the wine flights being sold at Les Vins de France, the little wine store just across the street.
I liked them all, but I thought the Rose best complemented the rich buttery quiche.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 06, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

Mmm Sue I was looking forward to getting home from work to see if you had wrote another trippie.

This is also one of my favourite places to eat and I too would choose the steak and roasties However I prefer not to have the greens

Thanks

Dawn
Old 1 Aug 06, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Lovely pics Sue, none of the bread rolls though!
Missing this one on our Xmas trip but it could go on the list for next time.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 06, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post

You just want to keep all the room for your puds Dawn

Sorry there's no pics of the rolls sooz - Paul'd probably scoffed em
Old 1 Aug 06, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by mcsue
You just want to keep all the room for your puds Dawn

Sorry there's no pics of the rolls sooz - Paul'd probably scoffed em
I can't believe I have never had the profiteroles there I will have to remedy that

Dawn
Old 1 Aug 06, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Villainlover
VIP Dibber

Villainlover's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What great pics Sue .. gee I thought Paul had eaten his Creme Brulee

I may have to try this restaurant it looks very nice indeed..

Off to look at the Allears menus to see if DD could possible eat here

Oh and yes a few greens would have made the steak dish

Buenaventura Lakes 1993
Indian Ridge 1995/6/7 Oak Island Harbour 1998 Indian Point 1999 Eagle ridge 2000 Crescent lakes 2001 Indian Ridge Oaks 2003 Highlands Reserve 2004/5
Hampton Inn Convention centre 2007
Hampton lakes 2008 Highlands reserve 2009
Highlands Reserve 2010/11/12/13/14/15
Villainlover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 06, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

Oooh, thanks Sue, those meals look just wonderful. I was going to have the creme brullee, but now I think it has to be the profiteroles! Doesn't Paul look happy!
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 06, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
It all looks lovely Sue - I really must return to Chefs one day. I thought the Boulangarie quiches were my little secret - don't tell everyone otherwise there'll be none left for me to enjoy
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 06, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Sue, thank goodness you had room for pud the 2nd time! I always think it's rude not to What a plateful those profiteroles are, must try next time. How were the pont neuf potatoes flavoured? They looked yummy but slightly too many! Good job you had help Just booked our ADRs for Nov, god I'm starving

Jackie

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 06, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post

My goodness what a huge amount of potatoes and no veg - that suits me down to the ground All looks lovely, especially the profiteroles