Old 21 Jan 07, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Artist Point

We presented ourselves at Artist Point at 6.55, were given a pager and told there was an approximate 10 minute wait - sure enough we were paged at 7.10. There was a special limited Holiday menu for tonight - similar to the normal menu, but slightly less choice ie. 4 appetisers instead of the usual 6.
We were seated overlooking the walkway to the boat dock and the pool, very nice. We could also see our room!

A nice touch at Artist Point is the "Wine Flight" that is offered, either 3 or 4 courses - we opted for the 3-course one at £21 per person ($28 for the 4 course).

Appetisers: both had the Smoky Portobello Soup with Roasted ≈≈≈≈akes and Chive Oil, this was served with 14 Hands Chardonnay and it was all absolutely divine!

For our main course, I had the special for that day - Smoked Marinated Pork Chop with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Wild Mushrooms, Caramelized Pearl Onions and Cider Sauce. I was surprised to be asked how I wanted my chop done - I thought there was only one way to cook pork?
This was served with a Merlot (Chat. Ste. Michelle Canoe Ridge, Columbia '03) and it was superb, probably the BEST pork chop I have ever had. BUT, there was a definite absence of mushrooms and onions, vegetables seem to be non-existent here!

Tin opted for the Grilled Buffalo Sirloin Steak with Sweet Potato-Hazelnut Gratin and Sweet Onion Jam - this is where his problems started! He asked for it well done, as he likes his steak. Our server, Kirsty, who was very good, insisted that it could only be done "medium-well at best" and this was what the chef recommended. Tin said OK as he can eat it like that and was happy to go with the recommendation.
When it arrived, it was not only very bloody, it was actually COLD! He could not eat it like that. To their credit, they did him another one that was slightly better (warm at least) but still quite red and bloody - he did not enjoy it at all.
We did not know any better, but later when we were told at the Yachtsman STEAKhouse, that we were in charge and could have it cooked anyway we liked, we realised that it was not great service for Tin at Artist Point. This is the steak before he cut into it:

Still no nasty vegetables lol!
His steak was served with a Lemberger (red) that was nice.

We both opted for the Selection of Artisan Cheeses for dessert, these were served with Riesling-poached raisins, Fig cake, Dried cranberries and walnut toast. The cheeses were a goat's cheese, mature cheddar and a blue cheese (un-named). These were very nice (except the blue one) served with a Big Kiona Late Harvest Zinfandel which was lovely:

I loved this restaurant, great atmosphere and my food was lovely, Tin was somewhat less than enthusiastic!

When we received our DDP balance I go confused as we had only 8 TS credits left! When we checked with Concierge, we realised that our WDW bookings were being put through as 2 separate ones and therefore 7 credits each at WL (not 14). Thankfully, this worked out ok for our TS meals but it could have been a disaster and we did end up losing 6 CS meals and 8 snack credits when we moved to the Yacht Club - stupid or what?

Back in room for 9.30, bed at 10.45.

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Now I do like the look of that pork chop Sue!
Glad to hear it tasted as good as it looked
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I can't wait to try Artist Point again next week Sue - your photos of the food look sooooooo good
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Apr 07, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Chelle27
Imagineer

Chelle27's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Aww, poor Tin. Glad you enjoyed your food though Sue!

http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/OrlandoBelle/Glitter%20sigs/Chelle2.gif

Hawthorn Suites @ Seaworld July 2005
High Grove, Clermont, July 2006
The Bad Hair Trip Report - July 2005

The Your Eyes Are Bigger Than Your Bellie Trippie - August 2006
Chelle27 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 07, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report and nice pics.
Old 3 May 07, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sorry to hear your DH had problems with his steak
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 07, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Excellent ~ Thanx for sharing
Old 6 Jul 07, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List